Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Prom Nightmare

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bratty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bratty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Prom Nightmare
    Posted: August 22 2006 at 4:33pm
It started out pretty stressful because even though I had gone to the salon two weeks early for a "try out" updo, the day of the prom they had completely overbooked and it took forever.  My appointment was at 2:00 pm but I literally did not get out of the salon until 6:00pm.  My guy was picking me up at 8:00 pm.  I had to fight traffic and got hom with 30 minutes to spare to shower, get dressed and do my makeup.  I was crazed.  My guy showed up at 8:00 pm sharp but he did not have flowers and I was a little confused because he had grilled me on what to buy.  The prom started at 8:00 pm but we didn't want to be early so we agreed to leave my house at 8:00 and get to the prom around 8:30.  When we got in the car my guy told me that he had left my wrist flowers at the salon where he got his hair cut.  It was on the other side of town.  I freaked and told him to never mind on the flowers.  He would not hear of it since he said that he spent a lot on them and wanted me to have them.  I really just wanted to get to the prom.  So we drove to the salon only to find it closed.  My guy then called the stylist at home to see if he had the flowers and he did.  So we had to go to his house.  While we were in the car my best friend Linda called to tell me that her date stood her up and could we swing by and pick her up to go to Prom with us.  Well DUH.  Since we were on the other side of town there was no way.  She got angry with me when I tried to explain why we couldn't pick her up and she hung up on me in the middle of trying to talk to her.

By the time we got to the Prom it was literally 10:00 pm and they were not longer taking the Prom photos of the couples.  I had really wanted one.  Even though we had a reserved table, because we were so late someone else had moved in and refused to move.  So we had no place to sit and had to troll around looking for chairs.  I was upset and my guy was mad at himself for forgetting my flowers and my friend was furious with me.  She wouldn't even talk to me and her date never did show up. 

Since things were going badly, we decided after spending only 1 hour at the Prom to leave and go get something to eat and skip the after parties since the whole evening had been so stressful.  At the restaurant we couldn't get anyone to wait on us and the waitor who finally did told us that he hated Prom couple because they tipped so badly and were a pain in the ass.

We finally went back to my house and just hung out and watched movies and then fell asleep on the floor. 

It could have been a lot worse but after spending so much money on my hair and gown and accessories for basically one hour at the Prom it seemed like a total waste of money.    And one other good thing, my hair looked great and the updo didn't fall all evening.  So there was a benefit to being at the salon for four hours.

If I had it to over again I would have done a much better job of scheduling my time and would have planned to get to the Prom early rather than fashionably late which turned out to be a bad decision.

But bottom line, my hair looked really great.  :-)
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 9:57pm
Way I avoided disaster: MULTITASKING. I had taking a bath the night before, and as I was getting my hair done I was doing my makeup.
I checked (like a thousand times!) that everything was set, including  backup plans in case someone or something bailed out on us.
Plus I scheduled my appointment WAY too early in the morning, but at least I never had to worry that I'd be late anywhere!

Actually the only bad thing was having to take the 1,000,000 bobby pins out of my hair!

Sorry about your prom!
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:16am
Sleepy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:16am
q

r

t

p

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:17am
r

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:17am
o

m

w

a

s

f

a

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:18am
b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:18am
u

l

o

u
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic