Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Groom - longhair - styles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Laney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Groom - longhair - styles
    Posted: August 24 2006 at 2:23pm
My fiance has gorgeous long auburn hair (just below his shoulders) and, for a late fall wedding, we're trying to figure out how to do it for the ceremony/reception. I'm going to be in an updo with curls and baby breath. For him we've talked about: an updo; a high bun; a ponytail tied with a velvet bow; wearing it down in curls. He loves having his hair done in various styles and neither of us wants him to wear his usual straight, behind the ears hairdo for the special day.

Right now I'm favoring down in curls, which would require him having it set in rollers at the salon the mornign of.

I'd love to hear from other brides whose h2b's have/had long hair and who got creative about the groom's hairstyle!

Laney M.
Jenny-B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny-B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 10:44am
Hey Laney,

I read your post and got all excited then looked at the date.  I'm guessing that you guys were probably looking for advice on a wedding for last year, correct?  Pity you didn't have more responses to your inquiry. 

I don't have a husband to be with long hair, but I do have a boyfriend with long hair.  In fact, I've spent more time on this board writing about his hair than my own (http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=50541 ).  Anyway, I personally love when guys do unconventional things with their hair--things usually considered reserved for us girls.  I'm constantly curling and styling my guy's hair, so I appreciate that y'all want to do something nice with it and are willing to think of some unconventional ideas.   

I'm guessing you may not need the style advice any longer, but just in case you haven't had your event yet, or are having another in the future, I'd say just play around and experiment beforehand.  One thing you may want to try out is a half-updo look.  The length would be curly, but then you (or even better, your stylist) could have fun designing the updo part.  If you do a search on "half updos" you'll probably get some good ideas.  Here are a few I found in a quick search online. 

Unfortunately it's tough to give more than just vague suggestions and links to pictures without knowing more about the specifics (hair type, face shape, etc.). 

In the event that your wedding has already passed, I'd be really curious to know what you guys decided to do.  Did you go with the curls?

Jenny B.
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 6:29pm
Sadly, I wish I could've commented earlier too! Holly Marie Comb's hubby looked great after his weddin when he let his long wavy blond hair down!
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
zhanghuxyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhanghuxyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2010 at 11:35pm
Our most popular email now includes to-doÕs based on your wedding date to help you stay organized,gucci and local content to help you move from inspiration to ...Check out the latest wedding hairstyles,gucci purses and find one that fits you beautifully. Do your own 'do with ModelBride's how-to tips and fabulous hair accessories ...gucci bags
angelagale12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelagale12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 3:24am
Hey......I love gucci bags & was finding since few days now it seems my prob has to be solved as I need some stylish gucci bags along with affordable coast.

Thanks

Regards
Angela

Bridal Decoration
nancygale12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nancygale12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 5:10am
Hey.....guy....u all have discussed well about hair style,I really appreciate with the info.

Thanks for sharing

Beach children's gifts 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic