Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tattoos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tattoos
    Posted: August 28 2006 at 12:35am
I've been reading the forums all about beauty, hair, nails, ear piercings, etc.   I believe tattoos are just another type of body beautification.  I've had them since the 70's.  I'm interested in other's opinions on tattoos.  Females are getting them as much as males.  In the 70's, I was looked down on....I'm so glad people have changed their views of just another form of art.

Edited by SeaSiren - August 28 2006 at 12:51am
She Creatures Unite......
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 8:41pm

Well, they are a growing trend. I personally don't like them at all and would never get one. I think skin in its natural form is the best form of art. My personal opinion is that painting belongs on canvas not on people's skin.  It also creates a problem when poeple are getting jobs. Most companies feel employees with tatoos cheapen their image. I've had problems, when I have wanted to hire someone, and I couldn't get the final approval because the rules of the company are, no visible tatoos, and the person had so many, that it was imposible to cover them. So I think that people should take that into consideration, and at least get their tatoos in places where they would be able to cover them, if they needed to, in order to comply with the rules of a potential employer.

However, that is my personal opinion about it, and respect other people's rights to do whatever they want to their bodies.
I would suggest people really think about it. That is something permanent on your body, and unless you are sure you are going to be happy with it 30 years from now, don't get it.
My youngest sister has 2. She got them when she was 18. She is now 28 and cries all the time about how she wishes she could get the money to get them removed. My ex fiance also had a large one on his leg, and was always saying how he wishes he had never done that. So really make sure you know how you are going to feel about them in the future. If you feel that you want it no matter what, and it makes you happy,then it is your right to do it, and that is that.
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 1:02am
Hi Sharyq11,  I appreciate your thoughts and comments.  I have lost jobs myself because of my tattoos. Most I can hide but along with my nine on each ear piercings....It's been tough.

I tell young people to get their tattoos where they can cover them up for employment, speaking from experience.  But just as I was young and fearless, I'm not sure they listen.  Luckily, I do not regret any of my tattoos but have met a few who have.  I also tell people it lasts forever....be very sure of the design.  Never a name except for a family member.  Nothing negative.

Again, thanks for the input....
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 10:43am
You're very welcome. I'm glad to hear you don't regret yours and are still happy with them. Sad to hear about the lost jobs though, I know that must have been upsetting.

Much love, Shary.
emz207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2007 at 4:23pm
hi , im not a fan of tattoos even tho i have severall , well 10 infact which i stupidly did myself with friends and a bit of indian ink when i was just 13yrs old and now im 24 and regrett them soooo much, i have a few on my hands and arms and now for the past 6yrs have always worn long sleeved tops i  feel so embarrased of them , i also when i was 16 was offerd a job in modeling but i decided not to go because i knew as soon as they saw the tattoos they would say no , so you could say having tattoos has taken its toll , i dont think they look good at all and the older u get the more odder they look why? ruin youre body like that , if i could afford to have these all removed i would in aheart beat. 
ejpearce
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2007 at 11:20pm
I'm sorry you're unhappy with your tattoos.  I think if you had had them done by a professional tattooist, with a pretty design and some colors, you'd feel different.  But, maybe not.  Try to think positive and maybe you'll find a way to have them removed.

Here in America, women of all ages are getting massive size tattoos and some of them are very beautiful.  Full back pieces, like I have, or arm sleeves.  Nothing is strickly for men anymore and that's a good thing.  With the piercings and wild hair do's, society is getting more liberal and accepting people for who they are.....not what they look like.  

Confidence is the key to becoming successful.  Talent conquers all.
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 8:30am
I do not have a tattoo on my body, but lots of male and female friends have them. I was just never into getting one- i was thinking about it when younger... I agree with SeaSiren that confidence is the key to be successful and that talent conquers all, but I don't agree that people are getting more liberal and accepting people who they are and not what they look like.
I wish it was that way, but it isn't. Of course there are social groups and jobs that even prefer such type of 'styling', but mainstream is not that kind... I do wish it was...really              
sollenne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sollenne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 3:27pm

I have two tattoos and am ready to get some more. I think they are a great way to express yourself. I do understand that they are not for everyone. I also have some piercings, though I did take some of them out. I agree with Sea Siren that they are a great form of art and self expression. I may have tatoos and piercings and I work at a doctor's office. 

**sarah**
Leadfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 8:49am
I have 4 tattoos and love them all!  IMO it's a shame that people/companies judge you based on art that's on your skin. I fortunately have not had to deal with this (yet!).
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2007 at 3:17am
Originally posted by SeaSiren SeaSiren wrote:

.  I have lost jobs myself because of my tattoos.

It's illegal for someone to fire you over a tattoo.
^..^
LadyinDiamonds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyinDiamonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 2:55am
I have several beautiful tattoos.
And several piercings (ear lobes, left nostril, nipples)
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 11:39pm
Hi to whoever is signed in to this forum....I haven't been to this sight in about a year.  Traveling and caring for my elderly mother.  I've gotten more tattoos and piercings since 2006 when I first started this forum topic.  I've moved back to Los Angeles to care for my mother and it seems tattoos are getting very hip with both sexes and all ages.  YEA. 
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 11:50pm
Hi All, looks like no one has been on this forum since 2007.  I've been away myself for over a year.  Been moving, traveling and now caring for my elderly mother.  Since I started this forum topic in 2006, I have gotten more tattoos and piercings, and now that I'm back in the Los Angeles area I see piercings and tattoos everywhere.  Seems there is no age or gender limits anymore.  Cool.
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2008 at 8:38am
I will be honest I love tattoos but my husband hates them except the one i have of his name on me lol but i have a big butterfly sitting on a flower on my leg and i now wish i would have got it a little smaller... well the truth is i didnt know it was going to be that big till after it was all done but i still love it because it has sentimental meaning. I will be getting at least one more tattoo eventually but i dont think you should be judged for having them. People get them for all different reasons favorit animal, family, things that mean a lot to them. i dont disagree but then again i was raised with tattoos in my family lol. 
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic