Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

JESSICA SIMPSON, very blonde and VERY BOBBED!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 6:10pm
the long hair looks WAYYY better. the short hair ages her ALOT!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 6:26pm

When I was with Jessica and Ken for the HairUWear HairDo shoot last April in LA her hair was about the same length as the "new bob" but it was shaggy and layered so that the front was below her chin.  Definitely not a classic bob.

In person she is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful - even w/out makeup - but I have to agree that she looks the best with shoulder length or longer hair that has some texture.  This is because she has a square jaw line that is strong and shorter hair really brings that out a lot and makes it look too angular in my humble opinion.

Once I asked Ken how he would categorize Jessica's face shape and he would not say any one shape.  Then I asked him about Ashlee...same thing...he would not say.  He declined to give me that info and I think the reason is because he changes both girls' hair so much that depending on the look their face shape changes.  With the right hair Jessica almost has an oval shape rather than square.

As I mentioned on my Hollywood & Mane Celeb Hair blog on DailyCeleb.com...he put her in a long wavy piece over the weekend but I have yet to get my hands on the pics.  Today he emailed me about some other hair projects with Jessica and he will be doing all sorts of new hair looks with different lengths & textures.

I personally saw all the HairDo pieces (there was an entire room filled to overflowing with samples) for the shoot and there are so many in so many different lengths and textures that I know Ken will be showcasing them on Jess over the next few weeks until the HairDo product hits the market for people to buy (early/mid October is the projected in the stores date).

By the way only 5 websites in the world will initially have the HairDo product and yes...we will have it here.  I am very excited because it is a gorgeous product and yes...Jessica really personally designed it with Ken and the HairUWear hair designers....she didn't just put her name on it. 

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 9:22am
Karen,
Any idea how long JS's hair was before Ken cut the bob?

Edited by Hal - September 12 2006 at 9:23am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 9:28am
Hey Hal,

Good to see ya.

Ken told me that JS's hair was skimming the top of her shoulders before he bobbed it.  Now it is definitely above her chin.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 12 2006 at 9:28am
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 12:48pm
Hi Karen, 2 things.

1st, it's very cool that you give us the inside skinny through your buddy Ken, much thanks!

2nd, what do you think Jessica will do with her hair next?  Shorter, Longer, keep it the same so she can do the "presto chango" thing with extensions?

Thanks

Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Hey Hal,

Good to see ya.

Ken told me that JS's hair was skimming the top of her shoulders before he bobbed it.  Now it is definitely above her chin.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Hi Karen, 2 things.

1st, it's very cool that you give us the inside skinny through your buddy Ken, much thanks!

2nd, what do you think Jessica will do with her hair next?  Shorter, Longer, keep it the same so she can do the "presto chango" thing with extensions?

Thanks

Hey Hal,

Good to see ya.

Hi SSJockey,

Good to see ya here as well. 

My opinion is that Jessica will let her "real" hair "grow out a bit" as we head into Fall & Winter and will probably go back to a shoulder skimming look.  Whether layered or all one length...it depends on what roles she takes next.  She is so busy with all types of shoots and will be doing lots of promos on her new CD and her HairDo line.

And yes...she has to keep a length and style that works well with all the HairDo pieces.  She owns a piece of the hair action so she is going to give her all to help promote it.  I know this for a fact.

Her days of really long hair (sorry Dave) seem to be over (IMO).  For one thing, she suffered a lot of damage to her hair from her various photo shoots and for another, she seems to prefer medium to shorter styles at this point because they are easier to deal with herself.  She does sometimes do her own hair w/out Ken.  And does a pretty good job.

I would be shocked if she went any shorter because I know that Ken thinks she looks best with her "real" hair in the bottom of the chin to top of the shoulders style.  A lot shorter might also cause problems when trying to "blend" with the HairDo extensions.  You do need some length to make it all work correctly.

As far as color.....she might play with different colored wigs but I think she will stay with various blonde shades for her "real hair".  She likes being blonde and looks great that way.

I hope you will stop by and visit my new column/blog on DailyCeleb.com - Hollywood & Mane.  I am getting daily tips now from other celeb hairdressers about various stars and just finished a very longgggggg interview with Bai Ling about her new chop which will initially be posted on Hollywood & Mane.  In fact Bai has been emailing me from China where she is currently starring in a big movie.

The former hairdresser on the OC is chatting with me later today and he is working on the new show with Joely Fisher & Brad Garrett.

Also...Robert Hallowell (I just talked to him about 5 minutes ago) has promised to give me lots of insider hair info on Courteney Cox's hair from her new show on FX.  He is her "exclusive" haidresser now.  He said her "real hair" is very long and luscious.  Very pretty he said.

I will also still be posting on HB.com but the Hollywood & Mane (which DailyCeleb asked me to write for them) is exclusively devoted to inside scoops on celeb hair.  :-)  And yes, I am having a blast writing it.  So much fun dishing about celeb hair (which got me in trouble with a famous TV star last summer - but that is another story).  :-) 

Have a great day.  Thanks for all your posts.

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 3:01pm

Karen, do you have a picture or a link to one with her hair at or above her chin.  I have seen pictures of what I though was her new, shortest cut but I haven't seen anything near her chin.

Thanks again for the inside info

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 5:39pm
Hi Hal,

I will dig and see what I have and will post if I do. 

Actually, I just received an email from a photographer of Jess wearing a gorgeous flower in her hair and her hair is like she wore it on Leno.

I will see if I can get that photo.  It was taken just a few hours ago.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 12 2006 at 5:39pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 5:45pm
Jessica on The View last week with latest Bob.  If you notice the front of the Bob ends right at her chin and the sides are layered so that they extend longer down into the back of the cut. 

Although Ken told me this was a classic bob....according to Vidal Sassoon a classic bob is all one length from roots to ends all around the head.  Ken also told me it was "a mod" type of look. 

Regardless...this is her real hair....love it or hate it.

Jessica Simpson with Flower & Recent Bob With add-on wavy HairDo piece.  I received this photo today.  Not sure when it was taken but am trying to get Ken to give me the details on the look.  I have not heard back from him yet but just emailed him in the last 30 minutes. 

Hal...if you notice...her hair extends just slightly below her chin.

Jessica on Jay Leno Show last week - morphing Marilyn Monroe!
Ken told me that he added wavy HairDo extensions pieces "just around the perimeter to give it lots of texture and waves and to extend the length a bit.  So this is her real hair with add-on HairDo wavy pieces.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 12 2006 at 6:00pm
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 6:55am
Thanks Karen and I for one do like it.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 6:57pm

Her days of really long hair (sorry Dave) seem to be over (IMO).  For one thing, she suffered a lot of damage to her hair from her various photo shoots and for another, she seems to prefer medium to shorter styles at this point because they are easier to deal with herself.  She does sometimes do her own hair w/out Ken.  And does a pretty good job.

Also...Robert Hallowell (I just talked to him about 5 minutes ago) has promised to give me lots of insider hair info on Courteney Cox's hair from her new show on FX.  He is her "exclusive" haidresser now.  He said her "real hair" is very long and luscious.  Very pretty he said.

Hi Karen,

Please, apologies are not required.   I don't know that JS's actual hair has been long in a long time.  I'm guessing she's used extensions for years (of course, you know better than I do).  Being a female celebrity (with the never-ending demands of fans for constant changes in their looks) must be hell on the condition of their hair.  It's no wonder very few celebrities have long hair (that grew from their own head) anymore.

That said, I have seen a few recent photos of CCA and agree with her hairdresser's "long and luscious" assessment.

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 11:55pm
 The hair color looked very one dimensional to me. I love bobs though,I'm not really in favor of extensions. They are too much maintance and cost too much (not that SHE has to worry about that)
chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 12:45am
Does anyone have any pics of Jessica with orangish/red hair?  I think I remember it being about this same length nad it looked really pretty on her, suprisingly enough, just b/c I always associate her with blonde!
chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 1:55am
Found some pics...this person seemed to hate it but personally I thought it was v. pretty

http://www.egotastic.com/entertainment/celebrities/jessica-simpson/jessica-simpson-tries-red-hair-fails-001196

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 8:46am
The wig that Jessica is wearing...and it is just a wig...is part of her new line of add-on hair.

As a side note....all of the new HairDo from Jessica Simpson will be available at HB.com after the first part of October.  I have personally seen all of it, tried it and it is truly revolutionary for anyone that wants simple and easy "snap on" hair.  The 100% human is expensive but gorgeous.

I will post more "behind the scenes" photos when I get a chance of the hair and Jessica in it.

Image above from WireImage - all rights reserved.

The exact hair piece in blonde.....

Image below from HairBoutique.com & HairUWear - all rights reserved.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 18 2006 at 8:53am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 8:55am
Image of Jessica in new HairDo line with short classic bob.  Her own hair was pinned up and this was added and merged.

Can  you even tell it is clip-on hair?  It is amazing.  It is synthetic.

Image from HairUWear and HairBoutique.com - all rights reserved.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 18 2006 at 8:57am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 8:57am
This is the 100% human hair version.  It comes in over 15 colors and each color has graduated contrasting hues to make it look very natural. 

Jessica actually has been wearing this a lot lately since Ken is using it on her all the time.

Image below from HairUWear and HairBoutique.com - all rights reserved.

The synthetic version in preset waves:

The straight version - synthetic

All images owned by HairUWear & HairBoutique.com - all rights reserved.

PS.  I was at this actual photo shoot and saw Jessica in every single pose.  I also saw the actual hair - they had every imaginable style - laid out on tables. 

I have behind the scenes photos that I will post when I get a chance.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 18 2006 at 9:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic