Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

JESSICA SIMPSON, very blonde and VERY BOBBED!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JESSICA SIMPSON, very blonde and VERY BOBBED!
    Posted: September 01 2006 at 12:45am
this is why my name is lovebobs   they are amazing she looks awesome in her new short bob    well??????
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 1:06am
Man, although i'm not the biggest fan of Jessica's usually, her bob on the MTV Video Awards looked great...makes her, at least to me, look so much better since I love short hair...let's hope she keeps the extensions out and keeps it short!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 6:00am
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 10:38am
I agree with Kramer, not impressive at all. And I love bobs too, but personally I think she looks better with the long locks. Bring the extensions back on girl!
Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 10:43am
Do you really think she cut her hair? Or is that just part of her latest extensions and wig line she's selling?
dwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 12:13pm
Reminds me of kelly Ripa's latest cut.  Some of us liked IT and some didn't.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 12:13pm
I don't think is a wig at all. It looks very natural to me. But who knows, maybe her wigs are just that good LOL.
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 12:31pm
That is the most boring, bland, and overall unattractive look I can remember in recent history at an awards show. And more directly, it looks bad on her especially.
"Which way to the soccer field?"
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 12:52pm
The reference to "soccer" contiues to amuse me.  As if these guys would not kill each other to sniff the greass she walked on if someone 1/2 as hot as JS should up at the local soccer feild.

Better yet, I like to see them explain that soccer mom is a bad term that means boring and unattactive.
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 12:57pm
I think it looks good, although my preference is her longer hair...even if it is extensions.
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

One of her least impressive looks ever.

Paging Mom....Soccer Mom

Now I don't have a problem with Hot Soccer Mom's.  I happened to be married to one (imho), but I'm very confused as to whoat kind of statement she was trying to make.  She has put herself in a position where expectations are very high with regards to how she looks, and she definately did not meet expectations with that look, in my opinion.

Although she is and remains a very pretty girl.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

but I'm very confused as to whoat kind of statement she was trying to make.  She has put herself in a position where expectations are very high with regards to how she looks, and she definately did not meet expectations with that look, in my opinion.

Wait a minute... what sort of expectation is she supposed to meet? She's an attractive woman, with an attractive cut... was she supposed to look like a bimbo? or a bookworm? How about herself? Like someone above said, would anyone really just pass her by looking as she does now? Can you honestly say that?

I could understand if you were saying that she doesn't meet the expectations of someone attending the Oscars... that's fine, because formal occassions demand certain style. But to say there are expectations for the MTV video awards, or even for what haircut she should wear is going a bit far I think. In that instance, it's more about her fitting the mold we've decided to form,  rather than just looking how she wants to look.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 6:35pm

We are being critical of hair here, not her personally.  If this was a random picture of her getting into a car after dinner, that would be one thing, but this is the Video Music Awards, and she was performing I believe.  She has a new record out, so although I thought her hair looked cute last night, I would have expected something more elaborate, especially after she herself has set the bar so high with her many different looks.  Again, this is what I would have thought, and not a reflection on her or her work (although to be honest I couldn't tell the difference between her music, or Christina Aguilerra or Mariah Carey)

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 6:53pm

ssjockey..
JS has access to all the stylist and help she may or may not need to acheive any look she pleases.  Who's expectations are you refering to?  Yours?  I enjoy seeing her  ever changing styles.  Did she not get your message as to how to style her hair?  I hope she isn't too sad over not meeting your expectations.
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 11:24pm
although I usually like short hair I went to Getty images and looked at 9 pages of pictures of Jessica and perfer her hair long...  I wouldn't go soccer mom but this bob is just too plain.
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

The reference to "soccer" contiues to amuse me.  As if these guys would not kill each other to sniff the greass she walked on if someone 1/2 as hot as JS should up at the local soccer feild.

Better yet, I like to see them explain that soccer mom is a bad term that means boring and unattactive.

Glad I could amuse you!
Although I have yet to run into anyone unfamiliar with the gist of the term, I'd be happy to explain, as you requested I would.It is not a derogatory remark, but an observation of a commonlly accepted descriptive idea. It is not "bad", or even "unattractive". It is what it is. "Boring? yeah, maybe.
The term generally implies a look that is low effort, and requires little in the way of styling. Sort of saying, "I'm so busy, I no longer have time to fuss with my hair." A bob that is fairly basic or understated, without virtue of sharp lines or dramatic styling pretty much is the picture perfect illustration.
Further to your comments, it could be argued that Jessica is indeed hot. My point was that I've seen her look many times better, imo, and don't feel this look suits her personality. She's not out selling a wholesome, "cute" sort of image. She attempts to be sexy. Look at her work. She's hardly attempting to be the girl next door. This look is exactlly that.
And, it's an awards show. I think something that looks like it might have had a bit of work thrown into it is called for. 

Edited by rardman - September 02 2006 at 12:20pm
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 12:57pm
maybe she didnt want fuss or muss that night and wanted to go w/o hair extentions.

some people find short hair sexy. -

s
s
chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 6:10am
The long hair looks so ugly and fake on her these days, I like the bob.  She had nice long hair when she started out though.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 2:20am
I liked her hair on Jay Leno, when she had it curled in a Marilyn Monroe kind of style.
More awesome than a manatee!
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 4:53pm
Karen gives the blow by blow of Jessica's hair, fake or not and various changes on her Celebrity hair blog.

It is interesting how she is giving all kinds of insider scoops on celeb hair happenings complete with images.  A friend sent the blog address to me when he found it sort of randomly. 
God Bless,...
Katie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic