Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ways to hide that you've been crying?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ways to hide that you've been crying?
    Posted: September 05 2006 at 1:35am
Hi Folks,
Wasn't sure if this was the right place for this...and it'll probably sound kind of weird. But I was wondering if anyone has any fast remedies to get rid of or hide the redness you get in your face after you've been crying?
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 2:00pm
Hi Yoda,
First of all, very sorry to hear you've been crying! Whatever it is, I hope is better soon. If is just a general question then that is good news.

Your face and eyes get red because the blood vessels get engourged with blood. The only way to help it go away is contrating the vessels. So you would need something cold. The colder the better. First and most important, try to calm yourself down. Take deep breaths, and if you have some access to any kind of aromatic oil, breath in some of the scent. Eucaliptus works great. Bath and Body works has this little bottle of eucaliptus cream, that you are suppose to apply on your temples to help calm you down and soothe headaches. I find it very calming, and is really small so can carry it in your purse or even in your pocket. If you have access to some ice, put it in a towel, cloth, rag etc. If you don't have one, then you'll have to put it straight on your face. If no Ice is available then a towel soaked in cold water would be the next choice. If none of the above is available, find a soda machine and get a can of cold soda, juice, bottle of water etc. Place the cold can on the red areas and than should make the rednes go away.

Also. always carrie a little bottle of visine for red eyes with you. That will help with the eye redness, and usually as soon as the eyes are refreshed so will your face and the redness should go away quickly.

I also hear preparation H(I, know doesn't sound very attractive LOL) works great. But I've never tried it, so I don't know how fast it works.

If all else fails, do like I do and blame it on allergies. I'll start sneazing like crazy and blame the redness and tears on the allergies. And of course someone's perfume, or the scent in the bathroom, will be to blame. Or just a simple "the air must be dusty in here because my allergies are going crazy" would work LOL! Anything to save face right?

Hope this helps
Much love, Shary

Edited by Sharyg11 - September 08 2006 at 10:11pm
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 2:43pm
Shary,
 Thank you so much! This definitely did help. Lots of great tips.

Regarding: "very sorry to hear you've been crying! Whatever it is, I hope is better soon. "  Thank you for that as well. The tears are just left over from some old family drama. They come and go every so often...but as you said...anything to save face.

Thanks again for the help and your kindness...

Much Love,
     Jessica
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 2:12pm
You're very welcome sweetie. So sorry to hear the tears are actually coming from left over sadness. I've been there. But always remember, the first step to heal, is to decide to do so. Make a commitment to yourself to let the past bad experience go, to learn from it, and to decide to be happy. There is nothing you can do to help what already happened, but there's tons you can do affect what will happen from now on.

I had a horrible hearbreaking experience that just like yours kept bringing back the tears. One day I decided to make a list of all the things I had to Thank God for. It ended up I had so many that I realized, I just had to be happy and be done with tears.

I send you lots of huggs and best wishes and will add you to my prayers starting tonight.

Much love, Shary
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 6:01pm
Hey Shary,
 There aren't enough thank yous I could give you right now to let you know how much your words meant to me. You're very kind and even though it doesn't seem like enough, I'm still gonna say thank you again anyway.
I'm sorry to hear about your heartbreaking experience as well. But glad to see that you've grown stronger and put the pain behind you.

And you're right. I too have a lot to be thankful for.

Many many hugs and lots of love to you...and I'll be keeping you in my prayers as well.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 6:08pm
OMG! you actually made me cry. So happy to know at least my words gave you a little encouragement. Go on girl! live that happy life that you deserve. And if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. Just PM me!

Lots of love too and many huggs and kisses to you
Love Shary
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 11:28pm
Will do Shary!! Thank you again!  
Keep in touch if you'd like.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 7:55am
I usually go in the bathroom and get a little water at the sink and pat it around my eyes, careful not to go too close to the make up so it doesn't run, then fan it so the cool air makes it feel really cold.  Then I stay in there until I look normal! 

Its so sad we feel like we have to hide our crying like its shameful!  But I certainly know how it is, I feel like if someone else at work sees me cry, all I'm doing is making them uncomfortable, so I too try to hide it as best I can.  Better days to both of you.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 6:13pm
Thanks Susan. My days are now wonderfull thanks to God, and I know Yoda's days will become better soon!

Much love to you, Shary
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 6:02pm
Thank you too Susan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic