Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair snapped off by bleach by a hairdresser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
missy60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 3:16pm
Let me know how things go with you.  I have never used the protein filler so I cant give you any advice I would probally just apply it like the instructions say to if you dont get a reply.  All this got me thinking about my hair and I went and done a treatment with the emergencee...lol
cadsmail2u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadsmail2u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 3:19pm
LOL - it drives me crazy!!!! i look at everyone elses hair and WISH one day that the hair Gods will shine down on me and PRESTO WAMO one of these treatments will work....... 
missy60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 3:25pm
I know the feeling believe me.  I have really bad mineral deposits in my hair and it wouldnt take color.  Well my stylist thought she would just use my whole head to try different things and she colored, stripped colored again and highlighted.  My hair was a mess very fragile and damaged but it wasnt breaking I think it was at the point though it was stretchy.  I got sort of obsessed all I could think of was my hair.  I thought everyone was just looking at my hair.  Before all this I tried every color on my hair and I only got an orange color nothing worked at all.  The malibu 2000 got rid of the build up and dryness better then anything but thats because my hair had all those mineral deposits on it
cadsmail2u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadsmail2u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 4:10pm
i have never heard of the malibu 2000. but i just looked it up on the internet. is that the stripping treatment? how do you use it? and do you use the moisturizer afterwards?

missy60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 4:35pm
I cant remember the name of it buts its protein booster or something let me see if I can find the link.  It really dont strip like other products do it uses natural stuff and it doesnt dry your hair out http://www.hairproducts4me.com/order+ecmode+hair+products.htm#Malibu_Makeover­_Original you can find it seperate or just use the gel and follow up with something else.  I have seen it sold in one treatment but cant remember where now just do a web search.  its the malibu makeover I used the Malibu 2000 Crystal Gel Treatment since I didnt have the protein one to use afterwards but im sure it would be good to
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 9:01am
I went for the chop  Cry but I can say that Redkens Extreme CAT spray is brilliant & also the Deep Fuel which is a great treatment that leaves hair reall soft *& works actively for up to 8 washes.
As for Malibu 2000 never heard of it .

I wish the hair Gods would shine down on me as well as now first time ever with short hair & I have NEVER seen so many girls/women with shiny long blonde foiled hair !!!.

Well at least it can't break off anymore , but so devastating to loose 20 inches all up now layers are as short as 4 inches to the longest - 7inch layered sides around my face.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 4:58pm
 Aw~it doesnt sound THAT short...I'm sure it looks cute. Look at it this way,if you leave your hair alone all winter,it will be long by summer...and who really cares what hair looks like in the winter.
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 2:45am
julesyjul88 thanks for the kind post but from all one length of 20 inches to layered to heck hair I swear the bulk of it is all 4inches long it just has gutted me losing all my hair all from a chemical service so simple as foils that a hairdresser left on too long & overlapped already foiled hair.

But at least most of the damage is now cut out .

I hope it'll grow fast asI am hating it this short if it was all one length I wouldn't mind so much but the short layers make it so I simply cannot do anything with it .

It's right at the start of Summer here too (wish it was Winter!).

Edited by Miffny - October 01 2006 at 2:45am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 2:53am
 Oh,well that's even better! Did you know hair grows faster in the summer cuz the heat stimulates the hair follicle?  You may also try a vitamin supplement called BIOTIN which is supposed to help hair grow faster and healthy.
I had hair down past my shoulders before and had to get it cut up PAST my ears cuz it was so damaged,so I really feel your pain. I felt naked without my hair. It took a year to look ok,and two years before it grew long again...but I had to keep getting it cut because I didnt want layers I wanted it all one length. (or else it may not have taken THAT long)
That vitamin really does help though.
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 3:03am
I haven't taken biotin for years now you jogged my memory my hair wa slong when i took it !!.
I will be sure to grab some now, so sorry your hair disaster took your hair so short  Unhappybut at least it's grown now so you of all people can really get where I am coming from, I want all one length again too & my hair is slow grow .

So here is to the next 2 years Censored !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 4:59am
  Nah~In 6 months you'll feel alot better.It wont be exactly how you want it,but it will have grown and you'll get more used to it.
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 5:03am
I really hope in 6 months I'll feel a bit better about this hair & praying to the hair gods it WILL grow fast!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 3:44pm
 Well,I'll be praying with you Wink for the first time in like,14 years I'm growing mine out naturally. That's why it is kinda short now cuz I had to color my very light blonde hair back to my light brownish red color. But I have already felt a healthy change being this haircolor. My hair is much shinier and feels better.
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 8:54am
I hope we will get great hair!! if that's you in your avatar your hair looks gorgeous really shiny!, mine if any is like Sienna Miller's crop  Cry but strangely enough my bf ruffled my hair & said "It feels Real" & as much as I detest it it does feel so much better I have 3inches dark roots on palest blonde, I have a consult with a specialst colorist in 2 weeks as I have allergic reactions to on scalp dyes now so hoping she can come up with something as the front of my hair grows out white the rest dark blonde with a zillion greys .

Good Luck !!!!Ying%20Yang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 7:54pm
 Yes you can spray it,it's much easier that way to put it on.
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by julesyjul88 julesyjul88 wrote:

Yes you can spray it,it's much easier that way to put it on.

I have no idea what you mean sorry what do I spray??
missy60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 11:39pm
I think she is talking about the protein filler a question was asked about spraying it earlier on this thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by cadsmail2u cadsmail2u wrote:

thank you so much!!!!! i am checking them out now. one question for the protein filler. I have that little bottle of colorful nuetral that you mix with i think it said 1 oz filler + 2oz water (when using as conditioner) can you put that in a spray bottle and spray it on.  or do you have to apply as you would hair color (kinda of a silly question BUT i've never used it before and i dont know if it would get too sticky or think to spray) thanks again for all your info

This is what I was referring to about the spray thing,LOL.

Edited by julesyjul88 - October 05 2006 at 11:42pm
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 6:29am
Embarrassed sorry I just thought what was this to do with my hair Confused LOL.
Darn it I wish I could get that protein filler hereAngry
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2006 at 8:48pm
Hi there well I let my hair grow a while enough to get foils I went to 5 salons for consults before I found one I was confident with.....well the girl who foiled used 1bleach foil to-2 blonde hi-lifts well not only did she not get close enough the hi-lifts barely lightened (keep in mind the old hair is still a base 10 plae blonde) I think it was the tints PPS they are called & bleach as well my hair went brassy as heck as well so she toned it to dark grey & I cannot have on scalp anything so I thought the toner was a no peroxide one but it was slightly damaged the good bits & took 2 weeks to fade out , the owner offerd to do my roots again for free..I got the same girl & she this time got some close but too much bleach (it bled through) no tints this time except for some brown foils that are brown root & 2 inches down I really don't think this young girl as lovely as she is is a good foiler, so I went to the person who trained the salon owner (as she does amazing foils but always booked out) & she said not to let the girl do my hair again she is not skilled enough & as the owner is always too busy I can go to her home & she uses Goldwell which I love I fel guilty going to another person but I feel I cannot let my hair get ruined again.

Am I right in getting a more experienced hairdresser to do my hair??, I think so but still feel bad as I was not charged last week & it's quite a botched up job again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic