Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pria bars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pria bars
    Posted: September 17 2006 at 12:22pm
Has anyone had the powerbar Pria? I had one the other day and there really good but i want to know is it just like eating a candy bar in other words is it truly healthy for you or not?
Babycheeks
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2006 at 6:22pm
Those are yummy! Although they are still packed with sugar, Pria bars are still a better alternative to candy bars because they contain fewer calories and they have the added bonus of vitamins and minerals. Did I mention that they are yummy? 
Follow Your Bliss
quenquen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quenquen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 9:30pm
Yes these are good

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 10:27am
do you know any good bars i could try with less sugar?
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 10:49am
How many grams of sugar do the pria bars have?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 12:53pm
see here this is my debate i found luna bars today as well that arent that bad tasteing either i prob could do either one.

but really which would be better here is the analysis
pria bars-110 cal sat fat 2g carbs 16g sugar 10g protein 5g and then a bunch of other vitamins
luna-180cal sat fat3g sugar 8g protein10 gand then a bunch of other vitamins

and that is all ive tried thus far.

but i am wondering which is the better pick and how often could eat something like that?

Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 12:54pm
oh and carbs on the luna i didnt put is 24g
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 10:03pm
Well, if you work out(cardio and strength training) the Luna bars would be better. They are higher in protein and carbs which would give you a burst of energy for your work out. If you are not on a workout regimen, then I would stick with the Pria. Less calories, less saturated fat, and less carbs.

If you do work out, and go with the Luna bars. you could eat about 2 bars per day. Depending on your metabolism. But one bar would be a meal substitute.

If you don't work out and you go with the Pria, you could have a bar a day as a snack between meals. Or you, could also substitute a meal with a bar.

I have tried the Luna bars, they are not that bad, but I'm not crazy about them. which one did you like better? If the Pria is better I'm going to give those a try.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 1:57pm

Pria taste better to me the luna was just okay but not great. im still searching for better bars.

Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 6:09pm
I tried power bars in the sneakers chocolate flavor and it was really good. But I only tried it once and I don't remember what the nutritional brakedown was. I'll check them out againg next time I'm at Target.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 10:35am
I agree with Shary-if you are using these bars as a pre-workout snack, you are better off choosing the one with higher calories and protein. I recommend Luna or Balance. I snack on these before I run.

Or are you using these as a healthy snack choice? If so, go with the lower calorie bars such as Pria or the Special K cereal bars.

If you are looking for something really sweet that is better for you than the average candy bar, the Slim Fast bars are really yummy. Try the cookie dough.

Lastly, I hope you are not using these bars as a meal replacement! I know many women who do this as a means of weight loss, but you need more out of a meal than a sugary bar, even if it has protein.
Follow Your Bliss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 11:35am
no i use it as just a healthy snack, not for workout, i workout without the need for a bar and not as a replacement i have to eat lol.:) Ill try some of the ones you said.
Babycheeks
jennyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 8:51pm

Those are yummy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 12:04pm

i tried cliff bar didnt like them still looking for more bars.

Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 7:31pm
powerbar harvest is good yummy! had one today its good and so big that i can do half of it and save the rest.:) so my runner up so far is pria powerbar harvest and luna.
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 7:31pm
by th e way i had a balancebar and nasty.
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 10:31pm
Power Bar Harvest bars are so good! What Balance flavor did you try? I like the Balance Gold in Caramel Nut Blast. I haven't tried their 100 calorie bars yet.

I tried some other bar the other day...I wish I could remember the name of it. It tasted like cardboard. Blech.
Follow Your Bliss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 3:16pm
I tried Kellog's new Speical K Protein Snack Bar today in chocolate peanut. It tastes like a Snickers. 3.5 g fat, 110 caloried. 4 g protein. The bar is kinda small, but it's a nice pick-me-up and will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.
Follow Your Bliss
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic