Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Desperatly want to go blonde again,think,dark Hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Desperatly want to go blonde again,think,dark Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blondewannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondewannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Desperatly want to go blonde again,think,dark Hair
    Posted: September 30 2006 at 3:53pm
Hi Guys, TongueI am new to the forum, i really need some help and advice . I have very dark Brown hair, near to black. I bleached my hair three years ago, but at least 5 times. My poor hair went through great sufferement, it also thinned out, as i had alot more hair. Alot of hairdressers told me i couldnt go blonde, i would look awful, as i have Olive skin, like J.lo. I finally found a guy who bleached me, i loved it, but my hair didn't. I then did highlights at toni&guy but they didn't take me blonde enough. The best result was a hairdresser who did highlights, but it was very blonde and i loved it.Embarrassed

I want to go back to that hairdresser and higlight my whole head. I have two problems, my hair is quite fine, but especially on the scalp. The other problem is my hair can be a bit whispy at times. I use good shampoos and have been getting my hair cut. I have tried wigs, extensions, all not really giving me the result i want. I dont want to make my hair thinner, so what can i do? do i get it done? do i go back to the lady for advice? What if i was to treat it every two weeks professionally. I am so bored of dark hair again!Dead

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2006 at 11:10pm

I wouldnt do it....YET. I would put it off for a while.Continue to get trims (the only real thing that helps  the damaged hair) and maybe get some protein treatments and a good reconstructing conditioner.

Then,I would GRADUALLY go to maybe some red highlights or light brown ones first.
No matter how you do it though,going lighter DOES damage hair more and possiably thins it out. If you hair has already thinned due to to so much processing I wouldnt chance it. It could turn gummy and that is the worst thing that can happen to your hair.
vfabela77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vfabela77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 1:08am
  I  went from black hair to platnum blonde hair for 3  years.  But in order for me to do that I had to have Virgin hair.  So I did not touch it for 3 years until it was all new growth.  Five months ago I wanted to give my hair a rest, so I dyed it to a brown color, and am going to let the roots completely grow out again.  It is going to take me problaby a year and a half before I can go blonde again, but it will be worth the wait.  Because if your going to use bleach like I did your hair has to be virgin hair or extremely healthy.  Just be patient and have fun with wigs, or hair pieces that is what I'm doing.  But believe me it can be hard sometimes for the wait.  I feel your pain.  Star
Veronica 1908
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2006 at 6:30am
My daughter has olive skin and medium brown hair.  Her hairdresser doesn't use bleach but something else to make it platinum blonde.  She loves it and is very careful to wash and condition it every day.  She uses a variety of shampoos and conditioners and does not use much heat on it, allowing it to dry naturally most days.  Her hair is very fine as well and I think not blowing it dry every day and using the conditioners is helpful.  Her hair is very long now too but appears to be very healthy.  She gets her color redone every four to five weeks.

I would advise you to talk to your hairdresser.  If they feel that it is possible to make you blonde go for it but make sure that the hairdresser knows you want a long term commitment.  If they know you plan to come back over and over they will be more careful.  My daughter has been using the same person for about two years.  I think at this point it would be difficult for her to switch since her current hairdresser is the person who made her blonde and know what formula to use, how long to let is process, etc.  That relationship is important.

"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
blondewannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondewannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2006 at 3:38pm
Thankyou to everybody who relpied to me. Vfabela97 what do you mean Virgin hair, is that jus keeping your hair constantly healthy? Regular cuts, conditioners and no dying. Demodoll your advice was very helpful, its good to know that your daughter also has olive skin like me and hasn't had problems with the hairdresser taking her blonde. I have stopped using my hairdryer/straightener too. I sometimes put fruit juices in my hair too. My hair is so fine tho. I have always had fine hair, but i had so much more hair before bleaching. I have not dyed my hair for 3 years now. And i went back to my hairdresser, she refuses to blonde it, but says she could maybe make the bottom a brown colour, but dont you think that will look silly, dark hair, with a very thin scalp but the bottom coloured? I mainly use the same hairdressers but i sometimes switch hair person, I havent found one person who would stay in the salon for over a long period of time. Do you know what your daugther's hairdresser uses to take her platinum blonde. That is also the blonde i like. thankyou so much. And wigs arnt that good as you always have to get a hat to cover the top bit, and the colour never suits your skin tone. Hair pieces are very good, but again you need to have the haircolour to match.  Does anyone know of a product that have naturally grown and made hair overall thicker, apart from shampoos, they change it a little not dramatically. x thanku
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2006 at 6:48pm
I don't know what they use on my daughter's hair but I do know that it isn't bleach (except maybe a tiny bit) and it has some purple tones in it to keep her hair from getting too ashy.  She says she'll ask the next time she goes and see if they'll tell her the formula.

I don't thinkk there is anything that makes hair thicker.  Believe me I would have tried it long ago.  I tried monoxidil, fish pills, vitamins, and all that stuff but it didn't help me.

Edited by demodoll - November 11 2006 at 6:49pm
vfabela77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vfabela77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2006 at 4:24pm
    Hello,

Virgin hair is hair that has not been colored, permed, or straighted with any chemicals.   My natural color is jet black, and I went platinum blonde for 3 years.  The one that did my hair is one of the best, and she even had to use bleach to get my hair that white.  I mean I had no brown in it at all, it was white.  I don't know maybe because my hair is black they have to use bleach.  But I asked the one that did my hair if it's possible to go platinum blonde, without using bleach if your hair is a lighter color like brown.  She said you still wouldn't be able to go to platinum , without using bleach.  It would problaby be like a light gold color.  She said it's almost impossible to go blonde, without using bleach.  If you want that really white color.

Demodoll, I don't know maybe because your daughters hair is a light brown that's why they can get it pretty light.  Without using bleach. But if your hair is jet black that's impossible.  I know, because I have done a lot of research on this.  I wanted the real white color and because my hair is jet black, there was no way I could go blonde without using bleach.

Blondewannabe, go to different hair stylists and see what they have to say.  Maybe they can also put streaks in it, or something.  Maybe you would have to go back a couple of time to achieve the over all blonde effect.

Veronica 1908
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2006 at 1:50am
I was wrong.  They do use a mixture of bleach and some kind of Paul Mitchell color on my daughter's hair.  And she uses a ton of conditioner on it to keep it from breaking off.  It requires lots of maintenance but she likes it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic