Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where to purchase hair extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brittaney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brittaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to purchase hair extensions
    Posted: October 01 2006 at 9:17pm
Hi, I am new to the board, I really need a good referral to where I can purchase good quality hair extensions, but at an affordable cost, in both silky straight and body wave hair extensions. Most I have purchased have matted severely after just a week or so and have lost their shine and softness. I think I would like to try the wefted hair extensions and a bonding application method but with a bond that does not cause damage to your own natural hair if there is one (I currently use the latex bonding glue and it is very damaging to my hair). Please help. Thank you in advance for ANY assistance and guidance, it will be very much appreciated.
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 7:42pm
There are plenty of places to buy hair. There are many places with good quality hair. Keep reading the board and asking questions.
Here is a list of a few places for you:
www.wagman? sorry, don't know the address but those are some places for a start.

mahoganyjj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahoganyjj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 7:52pm

Hi'...Brittaney, i am new to the board also...the words 'good' and 'quality' when you are speaking about hair extensions...are hard to conceive of in this area where I live ..lol,,i don't know where you live but...I n my experience...I am also a hair stylist, you take a risk buying this hair in the beauty supply stores..because of the company's processing methods...it renders the hair lifeless'....dry and sheddy'.....I myself ..and you might think that the price is a little expensive...purchase hair from New York....and I stress that it isn't cheap...but! it is reusable...which is more than I can say for the hair in the beauty supply...and it responds well to conditioning...and roller setting...you should check out on the internet....Adorable Hair-Do Corp.-----or Lugo's in Brooklyn....as for a method that doesn't cause damage...you need to research a professional who isn't afraid to answer all of your questions-leave no stone unturned!  ...and keep in mind that it isn't going to be cheap....if your seeking a quality overall look...In my opinion, there may not be such an application method that will not leave residue on the hair(A couple of years ago I experienced the horror of thermal bond-just as messy ) when it is removed as long as it is removed properly....you might want to consider the traditional corn row braiding method...assuming the stylist you choose places your cornrows small enough not to be detected....( It can get lumpy if it isn't small enough)...now speaking on the subject of bonding ,...not too many stylists are bonding wefted hair with the new bonding methods....most of them are moving towards individual strand methods...which require regular maintenance and should not be removed by anyone other than the person who applied them...and you would need  to purchase your hair in 'bulk'....well I hope this was of some assistance to you...good luck!!!!...J.J 

J.J.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 10:17pm
try posting on this site in the hair extensions forum. Loads of great info there. Also take a look at my forum for another great place to find information.

www.hairextensions101.com/forum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic