Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SOCAP HELP ME!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JayKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOCAP HELP ME!
    Posted: October 05 2006 at 6:45pm
Hi,
Ive had SOCAP extensions in for about a little over 3 months and I want them out because my hair is growing and its all tangled up where the growth is and all the growth is sort of clumped up together in snarls. I'm looking for someone in upstate NY or PA that is affordable and can carefully take them out.  Also I want new extensions in but can't afford to spend thousands!!  Please I need someone ASAP, I'm so worried and scared for my hair.  :-(
Thanks.
aninnina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aninnina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 6:48pm
Socap has 3 different types of hair.
Socap, Socap Italia and Socap Europe..
The cheapest one is socap, which is ordinary asian hair, and italia is indian hair and european hair availible at socap europe...
You can see the different types on the logo on the bonding...
I dont work with socap, as in lighter shades it tangles fast...

JayKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 7:02pm

I'm almost positive it is the Italy SOCAP.  I'm so stressed about my hair.  The main reason I started with extensions was because my hair was trashed, extremely short, and all different lengths due to a coloring disaster.  I'm trying to grow my hair back long and now I'm worried my hair might turn into a buzz cut!!

JayKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 7:29pm
I really hope someone can help meCry
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 8:01pm
Can you post a picture of what your bonds look like? I'm wondering how matted it is?? It's easier to help you if we have a better idea of what you're dealing with.

Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 8:30pm
During the time frame you had them installed did you brush your hair with a boar brush? I am not saying you didn't just asking. I had a client who had the rings and she wasn't using the correct brush and in her new growth in a section she had some tangling. The only way I see an individual getting that is unless they aren't brushing enough maybe?
Wish I could help.
Shiry
http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 11:57pm
No type of extension method should be left in the hair longer than 12 weeks.  You say that it's been a 'little over 3 months'.  It's time to get these extensions removed immediately.

Any hair extensionist who tells you that you can safely leave extensions in the hair longer than 12 weeks is either ignorant and inexperienced in extensions or is trying to scam you for the large amounts of money.  They feel that a client will justify spending a lot of money if the extensions will last 6 months.

Anyway, get to a person who will carefully remove the extensions.

Good luck!
dolphingirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dolphingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 12:58am

Hi, try using olive oil or buy the Phyto egg oil and saturate the hair where the tangles are. I have heard on this board you can use 99% Isopropyl alcohol and ridged pliers to crack the bonds.

If I were you, I would remove them myself or have a friend YOU TRUST remove them to ensure that they are gentle. The oils should help with the removal process to loosen up the hair. I feel for you...Shocked but be patient and go slow. Pull the hair out of the know by pulling 2 or 3 strands up out of the knot at a time...

I wish you the bestEmbarrassed

Dolphingirl
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 8:03am
I have Socap. I love them.  I was told to brush mine 2-3times a day. I have an extention brush. I have not had them tangle on me or get knotted up.  I walk 4miles everyday, run around, clean, yard work etc
I braid my hair at night before I go to bed. Not once have I had my hair get knotted up or snarls.

s
s
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 8:10am
oh yeah and my hair dresser got certified to do Socap hair- by the company themselves along with other hair extention places.

(her licenses are up on her mirror)
s
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 11:43am
I don't think the problem is with Socap itself.  In many cases its a combination of the person neglecting to care for it as diligently as they should and also wearing them longer than the recommended 12 weeks.
JayKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 12:48pm
I work out everyday and sweat A LOT.  I always have been wearing my hair up.  So maybe this had an influence on the matting.
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 4:53pm
I walk, run, work in the yard, do errands, etc.  My hair is not matted etc.  If you brush your hair thoroughly 2-3times a day, use an extention brush , braid it at night etc. you should not have problems

s
s
envoy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote envoy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 10:23pm
I know this is a bit late but I hope it helps. I am certified through socap, as well as with some other extension companies. From what I have seen matting tends to be a brushing/maintenece issue. Im curious did your extensionist have you come in for check ups?  I make my clients come in 2 weeks after putting their extensions in, as well as every 6 weeks for touch-ups.  This also helps me to see how well they are taking care of their hair. I am really OCD, about protecting the integrity of the hair. I wonder if your stylist has seen you, and if so, did they teach you how to take care of it properly? Did they notice you were matting?

In terms of removal, even though Socap uses a gel type product, good old fashioned acetone with pliers will remove socap(usa) bonds. You can also use lots of conditioner to try to break down your matts.  I once had to remove a client whose extension hair had matted (different company/stylist), patience and a lot of conitioner removed them , without having to cut her hair. Cutting her hair was not an option, and her hair was fine. Im sorry to hear that your experience was not pleasant. I wish you the best of luck.

Anninnia, Im curious, how do you know Socap uses Asian hair? Are you referring to Socap USA? Their product comes with a 100% guarantee that its suppose to be European hair. If its not, I would really like to know, because I use this hair on my clients. So far, it has a nice wave like European or Indian, but if its from a different location I would like to have more information.

Thanks

JayKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2006 at 2:42pm

ENVOY13 where are you located? 

I still have the extensions in because I've been busy with classes.  I still haven't found anyone to take my extensions out.  I went to this one lady who didn't know about socap and said she could cut them out for me.  I don't want to do that. She wanted 50 dollars for a consutation after I drove about 2 hours to see her Cry

I don't blame my extensionists for my matting problems.  I know it was my maintenance.  She did a good job and I loved the extensions but now I need them out.  I would go back to her but she charges A LOOOOOOOOT to take them out and only accepts cash, plus she lives far away.

I want new SOCAP installed if my hair isnt completely trashed when I get them out Cry

ughhhhhhh Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic