Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So hey, I got back in finally

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*bridget* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *bridget* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So hey, I got back in finally
    Posted: October 07 2006 at 2:20am
I couldn't log in for a long time for some reason. I tried to revalidate and never got the email so I just made a new user name.

Anyway, I'm excited because I FINALLY found some reputable sources for human hair. I'm going to start doing a lot of installation methods now that I've taken a lot of time and  tracked down all the good sources.
I had some mishaps last year with inferior products and one nutty client that I'm sure you all read about. Always remember there are 3 sides to every story.
Wink

I did human hair extensions for years with a method I modified for Trimco, but I don't want to work with an assistant anymore and I can't do a 4 strand box braid all by myself, I'm just not that talented.
So solo work with pro-tac, links (whichever commercial name you want, insert here) and fusion. I really don't want to do so much fusion because  I like my fake nails, but I'll do what I have to do.

So, here I am saying "hey". On year 20 doing extensions and I'm not sick of it yet. Who would have thought?

Oh! and.. I'll be moving down to the Bay area of California probably next year sometime. Is there anyone down there doing extensions? Any salons?
From my research I haven't found much. ?

http://www.boogiemama.com
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2006 at 10:22am
Oh my gosh it's the one and only BOOGIEMAMA!!  Gals, check out the work she does. . .see her website (www.boogiemama.com). . . hail her.  .  . !!  Bridget - WOW that's huge news that you're doing other extension  methods. . .HUGE! Yeah, finding good human hair is a real search for the holy grail. . .

Anyway WELCOME BACK - it's great to have you - you are a true artist!!!

-Carolyn
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2006 at 11:16am
Hello and Welcome!

I'm just outside of Sacramento, on the way to Lake Tahoe.

If you are still wanting to do heat seals but don't want to use an assistant, you can do the Prohair method.  It's a three strand braid and no assistant is required.  It still stays in securely.

When you move down here, I'd be happy to show you the Prohair method, I'm sure it would be easy for you to learn.

Good luck on your move!

Lisa
*bridget* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *bridget* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2006 at 11:26am
Fina, you are killing me!! haha! thanks. Smile

Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

If you are still wanting to do heat seals but don't want to use an assistant, you can do the Prohair method.  It's a three strand braid and no assistant is required.  It still stays in securely.

When you move down here, I'd be happy to show you the Prohair method, I'm sure it would be easy for you to learn.

Good luck on your move!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I've been using Prohair for about 8 or 9 years now, so I think I have it down. ;)
I started out with Dome in 1986 with an assistant, then worked with Trimco for a long time with an assistant.... I thank the heavens I don't need an assistant anymore! LOL
http://www.boogiemama.com
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 4:43pm
Welcome back...good to see you!
donutloose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donutloose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2006 at 7:13am
Hi Bridget, im in the UK and am constantly in search of a new supplier of hair , do you buy yours wholesale in bulk? and what type of hair is it, european? need to pick your brains! i have european hair but can only get 18 inch at the moment, russian but in limited colours, i need one place who can supply me with all i need, i dont ask much!! any tips would be helpful Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic