Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

For sleeping???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For sleeping???
    Posted: October 08 2006 at 8:49pm
 I have chronic insomnia,just wondering if anyone knows what to try to help me go to sleep...I heard lavender is relaxing,anything else?
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2006 at 2:17am
Lavender and jasmine are both relaxing and will help you get asleep.
There were also reasearches made...when people slept in jasmine scented room they woke up in the morning generally having 'more energy' and were more ready for activities.
However, be careful with scents and do not exaggerate with amount (not more than one or two drops in diffuser) as it may have oposite effect, or might even give you headache.     
hope this helps  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2006 at 9:09am
 Yes,thank you so much for responding! Do you know where the best place to get the fragrances is,or just anywhere that has them?
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 1:52am
All places are alright, as long as they sell essential oils (not fragrance oils- they are synthetic). Lavender oil (and tee trea oil) is the only essential oil that can be put on skin- if you apply fragrance lavender oil, it might cause you an allergic reaction. So, any place is ok, as long as you're buying essential oils (they are more expensive that fragrance oils)     

babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 12:45pm
Drink Chamomile with Valerian tea- Celestial Seasonings makes some, and i tell you, you will be knocked out! http://shoppure.com/pro357825.html

Edited by babycheeks24 - October 11 2006 at 12:48pm
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 3:01pm
Thanks babycheeks,I will definitely try that!
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 9:50am
I agree. Valerian tea will SO do the trick!!!

I also use an oil diffuser (you can pick one up online or at any beauty shop or bed bath and beyond type of store) and put lavender in it which helps fight sleepless nights.
Follow Your Bliss
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Cherryblsmgrl Cherryblsmgrl wrote:

I agree. Valerian tea will SO do the trick!!!

i agree - valerian is great anti-stressor     
CalliaNatane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CalliaNatane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2007 at 5:24am
Originally posted by babycheeks24 babycheeks24 wrote:

Drink Chamomile with Valerian tea- Celestial Seasonings makes some, and i tell you, you will be knocked out! http://shoppure.com/pro357825.html

I drank chamomile, linden and orange flower tea before going to bed because according to twinnings (on the box) it said that it was a relaxing one and like chamomile is supposed to help get to sleep but it then gave me really weird dreams so i stopped drinking it and bought a box of herbal nytol which helps me quite alot to get to sleep. After i looked around on the internet i found out that chamomile is quite renowned for giving weird dreams.
Sorry this doesnt really help much!!!
SallySmile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2007 at 9:45pm
LOL,that's ok Callianatane,I'd settle for the weird dreams though.Mine are always weird anyways.
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 6:32pm
I second the Valerian....I take the capsules and they work fine. I actually prefer this herb over Ambien. It's a more natural sleep, and I swear the quality of my sleep has been muich better lately. Couple that with some lavender drops and you should get a good sleep !

I heard you should not use valerian in long term, though I am not sure why not. It seems gentle enough.
anyda.sin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anyda.sin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2009 at 3:19pm
Ya I think you can apply jasmine and lavender oil.Both of them have a soothing effect.If  still you are not having sleep then consult doctor.
Anyda.sin Online Pharmacy
DallasGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DallasGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2011 at 11:13pm
I read an article recently that said a study done by an aromatherapy institute also found the smell of vanilla to be relaxing and calming....couldn't hurt to try.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic