Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Experiences w/Yeast Triggers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Experiences w/Yeast Triggers
    Posted: October 13 2006 at 2:23am
Sometimes I don't want to accept the fact that certain things will trigger a yeast flare-up because I don't want to stop what I am doing.  You know how that goes.

However, over the years I have learned that the following behaviors, environmental conditions, food or drinks trigger a yeast flare-up:

1.  Not getting enough sleep.  I hate this one because I always have so much to do and my mind races while I lay in bed and try to sleep.  Of course insomnia is a whole other topic but I have learned to use Coffea Cruda which is a homeopathic remedy that you can buy at Whole Foods to help me with sleeplessness and mental hyperactivity.  Melatonin will also help me sleep plus some other tricks.

But I digress........

2.  Stress.  The less time I take to breathe deeply and take a break the more my body is prone to a burning flare-up.  I experience my yeast flare-ups and I have systemic yeast from all those years of antibiotic shots as a preventive measure for my skin.  I experience it first as a burning in various parts of my body.  Very uncomfortable.

3.  Drinking caffeine like coffee or tea on an empty stomach.

4.  Drinking excessive amounts of caffeine throughout the day.

5.  Diet soda of any kind.  I gave it up years ago when I figured out that it also trigged bladder infections.  Not work the pain.

6.  Soda of any kind.  I dearly love Coke but one can has a 50/50 shot of triggering a flare up.

7.  All alcohol (especially beers) except for dry white wine and champagne which I only drink now for special events and only 1 glass to be safe.

8.  Chocolate (this one broke my heart) and sugary desserts.

9.  Ice cream, milk, dairy.

10.  Some cheeses (heavily processed cheeses will take me out) like high qualith chedder, swiss.

11.  White flour products like white bread, French bread (which I love but no longer eat).  Snack items like potato chips etc.,  All the good stuff for munching.

I have learned to eat around all of these issues with good results.  I have learned that Louise Gittleman or South Beach or Atkins food plans work well to keep my candida at bay.  Probably because there is limited sugar, carbohydrates and junk foods.

When I am eating "good" and taking daily acidophilius powder my symptoms are non-existent.  When I fall off the wagon, even with the daily powder, I risk flare-ups.

Yes...it is a lifestyle change that helps promote health.

I would love to hear your own experiences about foods that you can or can't eat and how you get around the challenges.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 2:50pm
Karen
Honestly, I have never had a yeast infection, but I know what i's like to give up foods you love.
I gave up meat. All meat. It was not a difficult decision as I was motivaed for deeply spiritual reasons.  What was difficult was realizing how so many products use these hidden, peculiar ingredients that are really meat derivatives.

Sugar, white flour, wheat. OMG, nearly killed me, but I let it go, all of it every bit. I only slip, when I either have not planned, or get pissed, or tired, and just do the emotional eating thing, you know that old chest nut.
For the most part I do well on a daily basis.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 8:49am
Hi Karen!  I wanted to post a link to our other old thread where we talked about this topic and the Ph diet as a cure for yeast and other things.  Hope that's okay!
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=53083

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
dr.cole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr.cole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2008 at 12:26pm
Many people believe that yeast can aggravate allergies. It is also thought that yeast-free, naturally leavened bread like ours is good for those with candida, which is an overgrowth of yeast in the digestive tract. Additionally, this is the way bread used to be made. The farmer grew organic grain, sold it to the baker, who ground it into flour and made it into bread using only water and salt.We start by grinding the grain fresh every day (except for the white breads). We mix this flour with water to make a starter. This starter stands for 8 to 10 hours, depending on the weather, during which time it begins to culture. It is then mixed with more flour, water, and salt, and made into a bread dough.

dr.cole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr.cole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2008 at 12:31pm
Many people believe that yeast can aggravate allergies. It is also thought that yeast-free, naturally leavened bread like ours is good for those with candida, which is an overgrowth of yeast in the digestive tract. Additionally, this is the way bread used to be made. The farmer grew organic grain, sold it to the baker, who ground it into flour and made it into bread using only water and salt.We start by grinding the grain fresh every day (except for the white breads). We mix this flour with water to make a starter. This starter stands for 8 to 10 hours, depending on the weather, during which time it begins to culture. It is then mixed with more flour, water, and salt, and made into a bread dough.

dr.cole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr.cole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2008 at 4:54am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic