Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lucy Liu flipped out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
HAIR_VETERAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAIR_VETERAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 1:26am

I actually thought both were cute. But you have to look at it like this, the only reason the long hair looked good was because she was younger. Most women tend to go shorter when they get older, it makes them younger, then wearing it long and pulling it back in a bun like Grandma Jones.

Oh and asian women do look good with short hair, especially short and wavy/curly.(imo)
WEAVE WEARER SINCE 1991
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 3:56am
Gawd the "older women must have short hair" thing again...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAIR_VETERAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 5:31am
I didn't say they MUST have short hair, it just that most older women I've seen had shorter hair. Some for maintenance purpose, some for appearances. (JMO, and observation)

But no women must have any type of hair, they choose to have shorter or longer.
WEAVE WEARER SINCE 1991
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 4:10pm
You have been wearing a weave since 1991?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAIR_VETERAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 7:19pm
I've been wearing weaves (many) since I was 11. My grandmother did it. But after that I've been doing them myself. Mainly glue-ins and braids. Quick-weaves, wigs, and ponytails.
WEAVE WEARER SINCE 1991
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2006 at 5:26pm
From the Tonight Show with Jay Leno

HAWG
chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 6:38pm
She looks so gorgeous, just saw her on the View!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 11:43am
     I can admit when I'm wrong. Lucy's cut, as styled now, looks good on her. I saw her on the "View", by accident, believe me! (lol) No, it's not as youthful or sensuous looking IMO, but if she *had* to cut it, this *is* a very nice 'do on her. Esp. complemented by the stunning dress she had on!! Wink Blessings, Bob

Edited by Bob S - January 06 2007 at 11:44am
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 10:20pm
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 10:43pm
Ok is it longer or not. Leno it looks shorter and the one Kramer just posted shows it longer. Oh well both look good.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 3:50pm
Wow and the final judgement is she still looks good regardless!!!

Waves(2001-Present)
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 9:53am
Thankfully, imo, on the grow.
From less than two weeks ago...

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 11:17am
Nice to see it on the grow. Do you think she will get it back to where it was?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

Bad news folks....talked to Lucy's long term hairdresser....Robert Hallowell...last night on the phone and he told me that Lucy is liking "shorter" styles.  In fact, he is responsible for cutting her hair in the first place several months ago.  He also said that she "likes texture" and that her hair...is basically stick straight.  He gave her a chemical volumizing treatment a few months back and she liked the resulting waves/curls.

You probably all know this already but Lucy would much rather be a full time artist than an actress and according to Robert she is "all about her art" and likes to keep her appearance changing to reflect her creative moods.

Not a good chance she will go longer and if she does...it will most likely be with extensions.

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 04 2007 at 1:59pm
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 1:56pm
Good Lucy Liu looks better with the shorter hair in my opinion.

Waves(2001-Present)
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

Bad news folks....talked to Lucy's long term hairdresser....Robert Hallowell...last night on the phone and he told me that Lucy is liking "shorter" styles.  In fact, he is responsible for cutting her hair in the first place several months ago.  He also said that she "likes texture" and that her hair...is basically stick straight.  He gave her a chemical volumizing treatment a few months back and she liked the resulting waves/curls.

You probably all know this already but Lucy would much rather be a full time artist than an actress and according to Robert she is "all about her art" and likes to keep her appearance changing to reflect her creative moods.

Not a good chance she will go longer and if she does...it will most likely be with extensions.

Aww. Karen, I'm from Lucy's home state: Michigan. Can't you get word to her that her No. 1 fan in Michigan is rooting for her to go back to her "Ally McBeal style?" As evidence, you need to look no further than HairBoutique.com: http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1134.htm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2007 at 8:54am
Hey Kramer,

I didn't know you were from Michigan.  I definitely could benefit from some of that cool Summertime air up North.  It gets very hot here in Dallas.

I am going to be speaking with Robert today.  We have been trying to talk for about 3 weeks but between our two schedules the best we can do is text message at odd moments.  I will tell Robert that Kramer wants Lucy to go longer.  Not sure it will help but I will definitely tell him.

Robert, like Ken Paves, usually listens to their celebs and does not try to change their minds about their hair.  So if Lucy is not going longer it is all Lucy and not Robert.

One of the best calls I had with Robert was when he was staying in New York with Lucy and was describing all the hair products in her bathroom.  She really does use Robert's products, which was interesting to know.  And as an aside Jessica (Simpson) really uses Ken Paves' products. 

Last week I chatted for the 4th time with Laurent D (I love him, he is so funny and charming) and all his "girls" (Terri Hatcher, Tea Leoni, Jewel, Alyson Hannigan...etc.,) use his hair care products as well.  It is nice to see that they are all loyal to their hairdressers.

I have been getting text messages from Ken (Paves) as well.  He has been traveling with Jennifer Lopez for her latest movie premieres.  I have some scoops to put up on HB.com but have not had time to get that finished.  UGH.  He sent some images and hair notes but I need to untangle my scribbling.

Robert will start working again with Courteney Cox on Dirt in about 2 weeks.  He has met Jennifer Aniston a few times and told me she is very lovely in person and much more gorgeous in person than she appears onscreen.  He also said her hair is really beautiful but of course she doesn't want to talk about her hair, which we all already know. 

Robert also met Borat and his financee and other assorted folks through Courteney (whom he absolutely adores).  Robert and Ken both work like maniacs but they get to do the coolest things.  I am jealous.  :-)  Robert has also been working with Geena Davis & Brigid Fonda and I think he still does some things for Mary Louise Parker.

At any rate...I will put in a good word with Robert for Lucy to go longer.  By the way, as yet another aside...Lucy also works with Ken sometimes.  Lately Ken has been gone a lot and so Lucy has been working mainly with Robert.  Lots of chair hopping in Hollywood these days.  :-)

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 05 2007 at 8:58am
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2007 at 2:27pm
     Confused That IS bad news, Karen. Lucy had such sensuous hair when it was long, and her short cut looks good only with a lot of work, obviously. Blessings, Bob
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2007 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Confused That IS bad news, Karen. Lucy had such sensuous hair when it was long, and her short cut looks good only with a lot of work, obviously. Blessings, Bob

OK I talked to Robert who spent all of last week with Lucy doing a lot of press.  She is going to be featured in some new Gap ads I believe and has some other work coming out.

Robert said "Lucy is so over her long hair" and likes shorter, edgier, more sophisticated styles.  He said he and Lucy discussed her hair length and she does "not want to go longer than to the top of her shouders" plus she likes lots of layers and chunks with chemical texturizing.  If anything, Robert believes Lucy will go even shorter.

I passed on the scoop that some of the guys here would love to see her back in Ally McBeal long locks and Robert said "it will never happen" because Lucy has moved into a new phase with her look and is "so over that McBeal character".

So sorry guys.  Look for lots of new styles on Lucy.  By the way, Robert created that flip for her at Lucy's request.  She loved the style.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 10:17am
Thanks for the update Karen.  "Some" of us like the fact that we will be seeing different styles on Ms. Liu.  Isn't variety the spice of life?  I like salt and pepper like the next person, but it is fun to mix in other spices!

Also Karen, I assume the DailyCeleb blogs are done?  Heres hoping you keep us updated here!

Thanks Much!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic