Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lucy Liu flipped out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucy Liu flipped out
    Posted: October 14 2006 at 9:51pm
Too cute?
HAWG
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 3:05am
Not necessarily.
Although long hair like she had before, or a sleek bob cut, might look better on her.
shorthairissexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairissexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 9:52am
Though this is a generalization,  Asians seem to look great in those shags or razored cuts.  I don't know if it is there hair texture or facial features but they always look hot with that style (IMO).  Would like to see Lucy try that style.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 10:50pm
While I have not seen every photo ever taken of Lucy Liu this is perhaps the worst I have ever seen her look.
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 11:34am
In a word, hideous.. Bad cut, worse styling.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 2:18pm
Maybe she is growing it out?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 1:49pm
     Wacko I think that Lucy first "flipped out" when she cut her long hair short. It *had* been inching upwards for quite a while, but it wasn't *too* bad until recently. All her mystique is gone now, IMO, and she looks older.
     And about that razored look which is extremely popular among Asian women, and somewhat common among Caucasians, I think it destoys the beauty of one's length, and gives what remains a straw-like appearance. I really hate it. Sorry, SHIS. I simply don't understand why anyone would choose this hack-style. Best, Bob
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 6:14pm
We can only hope she is growing it out because the style she has now is awful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 4:35am
It isn't her best style, but it isn't that bad. It is actually sort of a retro style, like you see the young women wearing in those old beach movies. It is actually kind of cute.

There are alot of women wearing various retro styles lately, some young women are even going back to the short perms like in the old movies.
Maybe they are trying to recapture some of the glamour of previous eras. Or maybe they just want to try sometyhing different. Those retro 'dos aren't bad, they are just different than today's styles.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 12:08am
Lucy was a guest on Jay Leno's Tonight Show Tuesday night. I don't know if anyone has access to stills, but her hair looked as short as I've ever seen it. It wasn't flipped, but had a perm-like wave to it. Above the shoulders for sure. Personally, after remembering her glory days on "Ally McBeal" and even "Charlie's Angels," I hate her new look.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 1:00am
I can tell by reading your posts Kramer that you only like long hairstyles on women, so I suppose you don't like it, but IMO she didn't look bad in her new 'do. She can wear either long hair or short hair and look good.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 8:11am
Rather than judge me on my taste, I recommend you see what Lucy looked like on the Tonight Show before you pass judgement on her. Did you see the show? I, too, believe she is a beautiful woman and she even has ties to my home state, so I give her bonus points for that. But her hair looked horrible last night.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 8:18am
I did see her, not on the Tonight Show but on Regis & Kelly earlier the same day with the same style. I thought it looked really good. About chin length, a nice sexy wave to it, almost like a ''20s starlet, and flipped out a tiny bit at the bottom. I thought it was a fun, stylish change, and a nice example of how short hair can be really sexy too if it's put together right.

I'd much prefer a style like that to long and just hanging there, like it often was on Ally.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Rather than judge me on my taste, I recommend you see what Lucy looked like on the Tonight Show before you pass judgement on her. Did you see the show? I, too, believe she is a beautiful woman and she even has ties to my home state, so I give her bonus points for that. But her hair looked horrible last night.

Gotta disagree with you Kramer, Lucy looked great.  The cut and style flattered her face.  When I saw her on the tonight show last night, the first thing I noticed was her face, not her hiar.  In this case, I feel that that the hair flatters the face, where with her long hair, the face flattered the hair. 

I believe that the hair should make the woman more attractive, and in this case, Lucy succeeded (imho!)
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Rather than judge me on my taste [...]

In your case, "taste" isn't exactly the word that comes to mind. It's more like an obsession. ;)

Edited by natasha - November 29 2006 at 11:23am
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 3:03pm

I'll take that wink and smile as your way of flirting with me, Natasha.

As for the rest of you, be the judge:

Do you like Lucy's hair better like this? (Similar to how it looked on the Tonight Show, although it's not as wavy here or as greasy looking as it was on the Tonight Show.)

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=72345725&cdi=0

Or this style? (Note that someone else wrote "the best of Lucy Liu" here; not me.)

http://bestof.provocateuse.com/show/lucy_liu

I'm predicting those that typically like short hair (most of you, I reckon) will go with the former; those that like long hair will go with the ladder. But I had to ask just the same.

shorthairissexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairissexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 3:59pm
I would choose neither!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 4:06pm
She was flirting with you Kramer?

Actually alot of Asian women wear short bob hairstyles and they look good in those 'dos. Maybe she should try a style like that.
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 10:21pm
The woman needs bangs of some sort. Her forehead is too prominent.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 10:32pm
This is from about a month ago.  Leno pictures won't be up until next week.

Dimitrios%20Kambouris/WireImage.com
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic