Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halle Berry Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
buzzit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halle Berry Update
    Posted: April 20 2007 at 9:33am
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 10:59pm
fatmoogas I hope so I know the first one had really big hair. Jane's hair really looked good in that one.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 4:56pm
Talk of "Nappily Ever After" seems to have fallen off the radar screen. Now it seems a remake of "Barbarella" will be HBs next project (big hair for that?)
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2007 at 9:11am
I would have said I loved her short hairstyles better than the long because it didn't have any shape it was just long but I love the bangs she just got it was very cute...but I do suspect she wears some sort of extentsions, she has such a pretty face she can carry out a bald head.
Hair album
pw:Romeo
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2007 at 7:40am
"Wonder if Halle will shave her head. "

Merle T.

So it's in doubt now?
Merle T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merle T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2007 at 10:31pm
Wonder if Halle will shave her head. Probably would look good on her. She looked so stunning, really beautiful, wearin' that short pixie she used to wear, especially when she was dolled up sexy!Wink
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 8:03pm
If you read the last post or next to last on page 3 she might not go with it. I don't know about the Star Trek I know people that are trekkies and well they told me they didn't like the first moive. I guess that's why it took. 3 years to make the next one also keep this in mind they say all the even ones made the cash.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Julie30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 5:32pm
Actually it isn't a flop for them, it does work, it does attract attention, that is why they do it.

Persis Khambatta wouldn't even have been known to western audiences if she hadn't shaved her head for the first Star Trek movie (it was a dreadful movie, the only reason it has done so well on rentals is because of her, she was so beautiful, and looked so exotic with a bald head)

Sinead O'Conner is a very average singer with only so-so songs. She would have never gotten much attention if she hadn't shaved her head.

Bai Ling was a largely unknown actress until she got so much attention for shaving her head.

Eve Salvail and Alec Wek were unknown fashion models until they shaved their heads, then they got all sorts of modeling work.

Two things about women with shaved heads;
One- it only works for them if they are beautiful and feminine women.
Two- It works for some women because it is still taboo in western culture for a woman to have a shaved head. Short hair, even very short hair is fine, many western women wear that. But completely bald, that is still unusual. So it attracts attention. If it was more common it would attract much less attention.
When bob hairstyles started in the 1920s, it was taboo and it attracted all sorts of attention. Now it is just another hairstyle for women. The same with short skirts on women.
It is like very long hair on men, or skirts on men. It is taboo but it turns some women on (assuming the man is handsome).
The same with a shaved head on a lady, assuming she is beautiful. It is taboo and it turns some men on.

This movie by Halle seems boring to me, like the first Star Trek movie was. But because Halle is going to be bald in it, like Persis Khambatta was in the first Star Trek movie, it will attract attention.

By the way, does anyone know when Halle is going to shave her head? When are they going to start filming that movie?

Edited by Julie30 - April 12 2007 at 6:04pm
Julie
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 4:56pm
Interesting HFO. I saw "Perfect Stranger" today and HB looked absolutely beautiful. This "Nappily Ever After" movie was put on the back burner for a long time-and I guess it could go there again. The thing that should really stop HB is the cornyness of the very idea...So many have done it before...It was a flop for all of them!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 7:46am
Well I hope that is true that she is rethinking about it. Plus as we all know she likes useing fake hair. When bald she couldn't used them for a long time.
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 4:43am
"Lucky Halle Berry was sandwiched between two of her favourite leading men last night when she attended the New York premiere of ‘Perfect Stranger.’ The Oscar winner, who last week received her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, not only had her model boyfriend Gabriel Aubry at her side but also her hunky co-star Bruce Willis.

Next up for heavenly Halle? She’s set to play a woman who shaves her head to embrace her inner beauty in ‘Happily Ever After.’ But after ‘Good Morning America’ mocked-up what she’d look like with no hair, she says she’s considering faking it. “Now maybe I’ll wear a cap,” she said. “I’m going to have to re-think this.”

For a woman who went 10 days without showering or brushing her teeth in order to play a crack addict in ‘Jungle Fever’, we’re thinking a new hair ‘do isn’t too much to ask for from a dedicated thespian such as Halle."

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 1:55pm
Fat thanks for the link. Very nice. I guess when she goes short forget the add ons for awhile. I guess we better get what we can now after the moive forget about it for awhile. I think it's about six months. I could be wrong.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 12:56pm
     Ouch Ouch, Mr. Buzz! For a guy who is about to see his dream come to pass on the silver screen, you seem rather hostile. *Your* side will prevail, if you haven't noticed.  
     Fantasies are what they are; I'm not judging you. But I stand by my opinion. (BTW, many of the most feminine women I know wear short haircuts. Hairstyle is only about *outward* appearance, *as I thought I made clear*. You were looking for "buzzwords", pardon the expression.) LOL
     So, you may enjoy the movie, many times if you desire. I won't be dragged to it by wild horses. I believe the shearing is ridiculous, but as Fat has stated, the box office may swell significantly b/c of the extra publicity. Cordially, Bob

Edited by Bob S - April 11 2007 at 12:58pm
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 10:52am
Buzzit (interesting name!) you seem to think that this movie will turn out to be a great masterpiece...The title is not encouraging (frivolous?) and it wouldn't surprise me if it was a flop..though clearly people are going to be talking about the headshave and no doubt this will improve the box office (which is presumably the intention).

Today, Halle was back to the extentions and looked beautiful.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====268596&nbc1=1

buzzit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 11:58pm
Its a sad day and age when people think that because a women has shaved her head means that she has been DE-FEMINISED it is the pure point of this movie..... THE TRUE BEAUTY OF A WOMEN DOES NOT DEPEND ON THE OUTWARD APPERANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! The onscreen  haircut-headshave is the factor that will lead to the realization to the character that she is a beautiful person no matter what people think of it!!
      The best part about this whole thing is that the world will see that a absolutly beautiful movie star like Halle will be seen as STILL being beautiful without what the majority of people consider to be the "crowning glory" and a Feminine part of a woman! LOOK WITHIN PPL!

Edited by buzzit - April 11 2007 at 8:24am
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 8:42pm
I like her longer look. I just hope she isn't going to keep her short look for long. It's been nice to see the change that's all and now she is just going back to her old style. For me it's just going back to the same old look.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 4:34pm
I'm not quite sure what the big deal about this is... We know she looks gorgeous with short hair, and that's what she'll wind up with after the flick. And she's said a few times she'd eventually go back to short anyway, so it's not like she's taking a huge gamble here (unlike Natalie Portman, for instance). If the movie is about a woman's transformation and acceptance of self, though, then the headshaving scene would be rather pivotal and kind of necessary to show. Otherwise it'd be like leaving out the bits where Jeff Goldbloom turns into a monster in <i>The Fly</i>.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 3:21pm
Halle has always been a looker--but not very original I'm afraid!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 2:54pm

Star What Halle said about inner beauty is a truth of life, Buzz. But the purpose of an *on-screen* head-shave is titillation and publicity *only*. The movie could have made the same point *without* her hair *actually* being obliterated. Shaving one's head (even a woman's) is never the end of the world. But hair is gorgeous (amazingly so sometimes), and contributes to the joy of life for many people. If the folks involved in this movie *really* believed that hair has little to do with outward beauty, the entire crew would emerge off the set with shiny skulls. My crystal ball sees a heavy dose of farce in this flick. Best, Bob

P.S. Here's more prophesy: Halle will appear everywhere telling her audiences that the experience was freeing, self-revealing, profound and well worth doing. Wink

buzzit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 1:39pm
Halle was on Regis and Kelly this morning and said that she is going to shave her head Bald in the movie and the movies point is that the true beauty of a person is not what her hair looks like but true beauty comes from within!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic