Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halle Berry Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 6:39am
When does filming start?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 10:33am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

I'm not sure, but when this was discussed before by Jerky Flea, he referred only to a story based on a novel where the protagonist is an African American who cuts her hair as part of an overall movement towards her African roots. He didn't say anything about a shaving and nor did I hear about it anywhere else. Couldn't she just have a haircut? Is this a recently thought of gimick?

In any case, it will be interesting to see if she sticks with her "signature" short hair or grows it out again.

Not having read the book, I believe that the haircut is from processed hair to very, very short crop, so basically shaved.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 3:46pm
A very short crop is not shaved.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 8:23pm

Karen has done a piece on the subject of her shaving her head.

http://hollywoodandmane.blogs.dailyceleb.com/
HAWG
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 9:26pm
brunett_bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brunett_bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 11:38am
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 4:40am
Halle looked very cute last night on David Letterman's show, but honestly, her hair looked very wiglike. Kind of like Beyonce Knowles looks some nights: no part, for example.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 10:22am
I really don't think it's a wig--but who can tell for sure? I've seen recent shots of her on the set of her film and she was wearing a braid through the back of a baseball cap. She was clearly "not in costume" so there was no need for her to fake anything.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 12:34pm
     I imagine that fairly soon pictures of bald Halle will be seen as frequently as mosquitos in summertime. Is anyone else tired of actresses shaving their heads for movie roles, to be true to "art"? I think it's pretty ridiculous, and feeds into fantasies of those who enjoy de-feminizing women. True, baldness happens to those who dread it every day, and it's not a "disgrace". But I'm uncomfortable with films that seem to celebrate it. 
     The pity is that Halle has worked extremely long and hard to make her fairly long hair look so beautiful, and she seems rather sad about the impending shave. Yes, it is her choice, ultimately. But, I remember that Jane Seymour wore a stubble cap for her role in a Holocaust movie. No one thought any less of her for it.  
     One white woman friend had her hair corn-rowed recently. I thought it looked cool, albeit painful, and I told her as much. Later, I learned that some guys had ridiculed her for "trying to look black". This infuriated me. Likewise, other folks believe that a black woman who straightens her hair is being disloyal to *her* heritage.
     Can't people simply be individuals today? Some curlies will move mountains to straighten, and many with straight locks spend gazillions to emulate the waves and curls that they covet. It can be fun and fascinating for those of every ethnicity to acquire knowledge about their ancestry, but when people start criticizing *others* within their own "group" for being "race traitors" over choice of hairstyle, they are really attacking a person's individuality and humanity. And I find them a reprehensible lot.
     I fear that "Nappily Ever After" may seek to shame women who may not meet the self-righteous standards of others. I hope I am proved wrong. Blessings, Bob Confused

Edited by Bob S - April 10 2007 at 12:35pm
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 12:59pm
I tend to agree with you Bob. I find it hard to believe that HB is going to do something so corny after so many others before her. GI Jane virtually finished Demi Moore's career (because it was a rubbish movie--and the gratuitous head shaving didn't save it). Why can't HB simply go and have a haircut like everyone else if she wants to change her style? This is just so unoriginal for a big movie star that it's tacky.
buzzit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 1:39pm
Halle was on Regis and Kelly this morning and said that she is going to shave her head Bald in the movie and the movies point is that the true beauty of a person is not what her hair looks like but true beauty comes from within!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 2:54pm

Star What Halle said about inner beauty is a truth of life, Buzz. But the purpose of an *on-screen* head-shave is titillation and publicity *only*. The movie could have made the same point *without* her hair *actually* being obliterated. Shaving one's head (even a woman's) is never the end of the world. But hair is gorgeous (amazingly so sometimes), and contributes to the joy of life for many people. If the folks involved in this movie *really* believed that hair has little to do with outward beauty, the entire crew would emerge off the set with shiny skulls. My crystal ball sees a heavy dose of farce in this flick. Best, Bob

P.S. Here's more prophesy: Halle will appear everywhere telling her audiences that the experience was freeing, self-revealing, profound and well worth doing. Wink

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 3:21pm
Halle has always been a looker--but not very original I'm afraid!
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 4:34pm
I'm not quite sure what the big deal about this is... We know she looks gorgeous with short hair, and that's what she'll wind up with after the flick. And she's said a few times she'd eventually go back to short anyway, so it's not like she's taking a huge gamble here (unlike Natalie Portman, for instance). If the movie is about a woman's transformation and acceptance of self, though, then the headshaving scene would be rather pivotal and kind of necessary to show. Otherwise it'd be like leaving out the bits where Jeff Goldbloom turns into a monster in <i>The Fly</i>.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 8:42pm
I like her longer look. I just hope she isn't going to keep her short look for long. It's been nice to see the change that's all and now she is just going back to her old style. For me it's just going back to the same old look.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
buzzit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 11:58pm
Its a sad day and age when people think that because a women has shaved her head means that she has been DE-FEMINISED it is the pure point of this movie..... THE TRUE BEAUTY OF A WOMEN DOES NOT DEPEND ON THE OUTWARD APPERANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! The onscreen  haircut-headshave is the factor that will lead to the realization to the character that she is a beautiful person no matter what people think of it!!
      The best part about this whole thing is that the world will see that a absolutly beautiful movie star like Halle will be seen as STILL being beautiful without what the majority of people consider to be the "crowning glory" and a Feminine part of a woman! LOOK WITHIN PPL!

Edited by buzzit - April 11 2007 at 8:24am
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 10:52am
Buzzit (interesting name!) you seem to think that this movie will turn out to be a great masterpiece...The title is not encouraging (frivolous?) and it wouldn't surprise me if it was a flop..though clearly people are going to be talking about the headshave and no doubt this will improve the box office (which is presumably the intention).

Today, Halle was back to the extentions and looked beautiful.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====268596&nbc1=1

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 12:56pm
     Ouch Ouch, Mr. Buzz! For a guy who is about to see his dream come to pass on the silver screen, you seem rather hostile. *Your* side will prevail, if you haven't noticed.  
     Fantasies are what they are; I'm not judging you. But I stand by my opinion. (BTW, many of the most feminine women I know wear short haircuts. Hairstyle is only about *outward* appearance, *as I thought I made clear*. You were looking for "buzzwords", pardon the expression.) LOL
     So, you may enjoy the movie, many times if you desire. I won't be dragged to it by wild horses. I believe the shearing is ridiculous, but as Fat has stated, the box office may swell significantly b/c of the extra publicity. Cordially, Bob

Edited by Bob S - April 11 2007 at 12:58pm
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 1:55pm
Fat thanks for the link. Very nice. I guess when she goes short forget the add ons for awhile. I guess we better get what we can now after the moive forget about it for awhile. I think it's about six months. I could be wrong.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 4:43am
"Lucky Halle Berry was sandwiched between two of her favourite leading men last night when she attended the New York premiere of ‘Perfect Stranger.’ The Oscar winner, who last week received her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, not only had her model boyfriend Gabriel Aubry at her side but also her hunky co-star Bruce Willis.

Next up for heavenly Halle? She’s set to play a woman who shaves her head to embrace her inner beauty in ‘Happily Ever After.’ But after ‘Good Morning America’ mocked-up what she’d look like with no hair, she says she’s considering faking it. “Now maybe I’ll wear a cap,” she said. “I’m going to have to re-think this.”

For a woman who went 10 days without showering or brushing her teeth in order to play a crack addict in ‘Jungle Fever’, we’re thinking a new hair ‘do isn’t too much to ask for from a dedicated thespian such as Halle."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic