Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to curl fine hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bad hair day View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bad hair day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to curl fine hair
    Posted: October 24 2006 at 1:18pm
Hi I was just wondering how fine hair should be curled. I've heard it doesn't curl/stay curled as easily as say normal hair would. I'm new to curling as well, so my knowledge is lacking quite a bit. I would very much appreciate advice on how to go about curling fine hair. Thanks!
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 7:50pm
i think sleeping in soft curlers helps those with fine hair.
Babycheeks
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 10:24am
You can use a curling iron or hot rollers then just fluff, never brush, the hair and spray.  Make sure to never, ever brush through your curls whether you roll or use irons.  They will last longer.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2006 at 8:05pm
with my fine hair, i can get it to curl just fine with hot rollers or a curling iron......BUT in order to HOLD a curl my hair has to have some kind of product on it to help it hold....i use a heat activated curl holding spray, the brand i use is Proclaim hot thermal styler (bought from sally beauty supply)

Edited by nursie - November 07 2006 at 6:43pm
Bubonic Plague View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubonic Plague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2006 at 2:30am
I use a defuser and it holds my hair perfectly if I use light gel and hairspray right after I've taken a shower. But it can sometimes damage your hair depending how high you put it on. It can cause slip ends. And I have thin hair as well.
Bantex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bantex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 10:36pm
when i curl my hair )i have extremely soft, fine hair making it hard to do ANYTHING with) i put loads of styling creme in my hair, put them in the hot curling stinks (you know the ones that are bendable?) and i leave them in fow a few hours if i want optimum results. The i take them out, fix the curls how i want them, then spay with freeze hair spray. Makes my curls last for hours. 
scorpiochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpiochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2007 at 8:56am

I have fine hair also but alot of it if that makes any sense? I've always had a difficult time curling my hair too. I bought some of those 'wrap snap & go' soft rollers off of tv and they work good. Oh and i made the mistake of getting my waist length hair permed and i think the perm lasted a whole two days!Angry After that i was left with frizz.

Edited by scorpiochick - January 20 2007 at 8:57am
StringyMimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StringyMimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 5:12pm
I've tried everything.  It started with the crimping iron, then moved into the smallest curling iron I could find, where I used to divide my hair into tiny ass sections and curl them all up, which actually took a little over and hour, just to have nice hair for one day.  I would spray it with volumizing hair spray to make it hold.  Then I started getting perms, which if done right can be so beautiful for at least two months.  But if you do get a perm, don't do anything else like coloring your hair (it will all fall out).  In my opinion now, I love the way the perms look, but they absolutely KILL fine hair.  If I were you, I would go out and find a nice and big DEEP WAVE iron.  It comes out looking like nice wavy curls (bigger than a crimper) and it doesn't take long at all (maybe 25 minutes TOPS).  The girls all sound like they like soft rollers which I've never tried but will try now, but personally, my hair is probably too thin for that - rollers snag my hair too much.  Anyway, don't jump into the perm thing, it's a dangerous cycle of killing your hair.  Oh!  And I learned a beauty secret:  For really tight, small, kinky curls - use pipe cleaners as rollers!  Roll up when wet, dry lighty with a blow dryer and take them out - the result is the coolest thing ever.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic