Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Make-Up Artist.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red legos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red legos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Make-Up Artist.
    Posted: October 26 2006 at 12:02pm
Hi,
I'm about to turn 18 ..(I know, still young) but I really want to be a make-up artist. The only problem is, I live in a little town where there is not many options or schools to teach me. Honestly, I don't even think there is one. I don't want to move far away and I sure don't want to live in Kansas City (where I found one located, about an hour away) I just don't like the area.

..Does anyone know how I can find one close to my area?
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2006 at 6:02pm
Do you have a macy's near you or a beauty store that would be a good place to start.  You could work at a beauty counter or something like that. 
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
red legos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red legos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2006 at 12:07am
nope,
sadly i have nothing like that. no macy's, MAC, nothing.
how i would just love to work at a place like MAC.
:[

Edited by red legos - November 04 2006 at 12:07am
Cora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 2:25pm
Hi there....I am a hairdresser/make-up artist and you can self teach yourself through videos...I just bought one myself at dayspa.com and it was pretty general for new artists...I own my skin care/make-up business....you can too if you are really serious about your career, you will have to invest money to get the tools and you can become successful with the drive and passion that you have....if you are interested in owning a skin care/make-up business, check out my website: www.completehealthmakeover.myarbonne.com make sure you do your research! You can email me at coradugan@yahoo.com to let me know your thoughts.
Cora Dugan, hairdresser, make-up artist
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic