Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Face shapes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sunfbeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunfbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Face shapes
    Posted: October 28 2006 at 9:15am

Hi everyone. I want to change my hairstyle. I have had long wavey hair for over 10 years. I have been reading that a face shape will help you determine what style hair will accentuate your characteristis. I am having a very hard time determining my face shape. There are 4 measurements on this website to help you determine your face shape. I don't know if I should be just measuring the frontal view or placing the tap for ex. placing the tape from the begining of my right jaw line end and wrapping it around to my left jawline end. Can someone direct me?

Thanks.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2006 at 11:29am
post a pic.

but in all honesty shapes do not matter ive seen all sorts of faces pull off many types of styles.
Babycheeks
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2006 at 7:22am
I don't know about the measuring thing, but the easiest way is probably to look at a photo of yourself where you aren't smiling, put a piece of paper over it, hold it over a light (on a window pane where the sun's coming in works), then trace around your face shape and see what your shape most closely resembles.

That said, realize also not only that the face shape thing is designed to minimize characteristics that someone decided were bad, but that what they say changes from decade to decade.  I have a long face, and when I was young they used to say a long face had to have long hair.  I remember reading that in magazines and seeing it on Oprah.  Now they say I need a short bob to make my face look less long.  Personally, though the longer hair does make my face look longer, it looks a lot better with the rest of my features than the short bob ever did.  The face shape thing tells us we should all try to make our faces look more oval -  the same.  I don't subscribe to this idea, (and sometimes I think it was invented to convince people they need to spend money at salons by telling them they need a haircut).  My point- go with what you think you will like on you...you may not like on you what the face shape thing says you should do.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic