Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair-cut hell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1764 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1764 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair-cut hell
    Posted: November 01 2006 at 10:21am
I need suggestions on what to do with my crap hair.

I've just come back from getting my hair cut and it's a total disaster. I'll give you the abridged version.

Usually get my hair 'cut' every once-in-a-while by mobile hairdresser that goes to my aunts'. Got a job interview at a fairly stuck up place on friday (2 days away Cry)  and my dad's always on at me to get my haircut though i don't listen to him he's just jealous, and my hair needed tidying anyway, so I thought yeah ok why not get it cut a little.

Now this is where the problem is, although I have long hair I know verry little about hair. All I do is wash it, let it dry on its own, and brush it. Knowledge starts and ends there. And every hairdresser I meat is a first-grade idiot. Anyway...

My hair was down a little past the tops of my shoulders, parted off-centre and the fringey bit shorter than the rest and all was well.

Anyway shortening the story again, now it's all one length and down just passed my chin and looks utterly stupid Cry

I'll try to post a pic but it won't be very good. Anyway i need to know what i can do with this. if i can't go anywhere looking as i do, it was bad enough having to walk home.  the hairdresser said something about having layers but i didn't know what she was on about (sad, i know) and i can't visualise how it'd look.

and as i've said i don't do anything remotely 'special' with my hair, so i don't know how to fix it. help? oh, and i'm a guy if that helps.

i'll go lie down and die now Dead ¬¬
1764 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1764 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2006 at 10:30am
Looking at it now it doesn't even look all the same length Angry
the bit on the left-hand side looks longer

not in the pic, but when i tilt my head up it does Cry

PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2006 at 4:19pm
Is it possible that the stylist parted it in the middle to cut it? Stylists are supposed to ask what part you use.

Try parting your hair down the middle and see if it looks even then.

Sorry to hear you don't like your cut. From what I can see in the picture it doesn't look like a bad style for you. Play with the part lines and see if you find one you like. I Googled zig zag parts and a result came up for an article right here at HB.
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip957.htm

Do you have bobby pins or other clips to play around with?
1764 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1764 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2006 at 5:15pm
no, no toys to play with.

going back tomorrow for damage control with a picture of how i want it (luckily for me the ways i like my hair are similar to jack black's :P). cus i know if i tried to explain i'd end up confusing her and myself and it's be an even bigger mess. fringe cut properly, ie shorter, and layers (apparently) so it doesn't look like 1 big solid curtain. (this is what i worked out with help from my friend :P)

so all isn't as bad as it first seemed, but if the biatch gets it wrong again i will 1- kill her and 2- just cover it in wet-look gel, tussle it up a bit and hope for the best :P

and not leave my room for a month LOL

oh and she did ask me about the parting, the parting you see is how i have it and is what it was cut to. she didn't touch it. but thinking back the whole thing was a bit rushed. shortest haircut i've ever had. and i think she was itching to use her mobile phone ¬¬

oh well

[edit] and i don't think that zigzag thing would look good on me LOL

[edit 2] this will probably have to go in a different section but just quickly before i go to bed: when i've washed my hair it's quite dull looking and a little all-over-the-place, like with a little breeze. i think my hair looks best when it starts to get greasy, but i don't like leaving it that long without washing it (obviously). what can i use on it to give it that effect, like without having to put a load of gel on it every day, or is that my only option? also, i'd like to have it slightly wavey LOL any thoughts on how to achieve this?

i'll have to have a proper read-through of this site tomorrow. i'm probably not even using the right sort of shampoo, and you'll all go "Shocked HEATHEN" at me  LOL

Edited by 1764 - November 01 2006 at 5:35pm
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2006 at 11:38pm
Hi, I feel your pain. I agree with PurpleBubba though, your hair actually looks pretty good at that length. Though I know you miss your length. I think a nice style for longer haired guys is pulled back in a neat ponytail. Pulled back neatly in a tail, it will look properly "conservative" for your job interview. Plus, I think guys look great that way! Good luck with your interview.
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 1:33am
i am a guy with 32 inches long hair. What style do u suggest for interviews and other formal occassions

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2006 at 1:13am
I was gonna say you could just wear it in a ponytail until it grows out (although I dont think it looks bad,it is actually an "in" cut for a guy your age right now)
Or,you could try just brushing it all striaght back instead of parting it and see how that looks. Sometimes that's all it takes with a haircut you dont like,is to sit in front of the mirror and just play with different ways to wear it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic