Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oils & Carol's Daughter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tlyke1983 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlyke1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oils & Carol's Daughter
    Posted: November 10 2006 at 11:56pm
What are the bad oils for hair? I've purchased Carol's Daughter's products but a stylist i just visited said my hair was really dry. I don't have the container in front of me but I do recall it containing oils. The stylist did a protein treatment and my hair seemed to stop falling out, she gave me samples of KeraCare but I've run out and decided to finish using the CD products that I had and noticed my hair has started falling out again. What oils/products should I avoid in the future?
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2006 at 3:42am
WOW I thought CD products was great from the reviews I see all over the internet . One thing that is 'bad' is mineral oil. Also oil sometimes just does not keep the hair moisturized and that sounds like the issue. Try ORS Olive Oil Mosturizing Lotion, KeraCare products, All natural oils could help though but it has to contain all natural oils though.....basically any products that does not contain alcohol nor mineral oils. HTH
ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

StartinOvah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StartinOvah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2006 at 7:58pm
I use keracare products as well, but their moisturizer contains mineral oil.  I think I like Olive oil much better for my hair. 
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2006 at 12:48pm
stay away from petroleum and minerol oil. Moisturize your hair and seal with a natural oil
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
Prada3721 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prada3721 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 10:34am

Your stylist did a protein treatment and protein can further dry out hair more . . . 

Oils like carol's daughter don't necessarily moisturize hair -- but it doesn't mean they are bad products everyone's hair reacts differently.   It sounds like your hair needs a lot more moisture . . .  

I would try increasing your use of conditioner.  Do a deep conditioner treatment on your hair (not a hot oil but a cream based deep conditioner)  Try to stay away from products with protein in them for a little while.  After the DC treatment then add a leave in conditioner. 

After using the leave in -- then apply the carol's daughter to seal in the moisture from the leave in. 

Also are you using a lot of heat?? Maybe that could be causing shedding if you are blowdrying or flat ironing a lot -- you may need to cut back.

Also make sure you aren't using alcohol laden products.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 6:30pm
Carol's daughter made my hair crunchy and hard, this was the healthy hair butter.

Some people's hair might actually like mineral oil, I found this out after 3 years without.  My hair do not like natural oils, unless it is mixed into something also...you might want to try variations with your products.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Urbanplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urbanplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 11:25pm
I would try changing to a much gentler shampoo.
I'm in!
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2007 at 12:11am
That is pretty weird. My hair seems to like it and then it will get dry. Then i could use the natural oils and then that would stop working. i can't get a handle on what to do with my hair.

I don't know how to keep the moisture in, because my hair seems to drink the oils when i put them on my hair.

Should i be spritzing my hair with water before adding oils?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic