Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

D-lux hair color HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
disasterbarbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-lux hair color HELP!!
    Posted: November 12 2006 at 6:58pm
Hello all!!

I'm planning on buying some D-lux hair from www.yourhairshop.com and I am looking for a red/brown color. I was thinking #33 but all the colors I see look different on every page. One page it looks like what I'm looking for and the next it looks like mermaid red. I really don't want to make a mistake so if any of you have seen the colors in life before I'd really appreciate the help.

http://www.yourhairshop.com/dluxhairextensioncolorrings%202.jpg freaked out that #33 might be one of the mermaid colors.

And here is the color chart where #33 also looks good
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2006 at 11:37pm
Usually 33 is pretty red.

If you are looking for a reddish brown (auburn type colr) then you might want to go with 30.

I have brown hair with more red undertones, so it works for me. Everything else is too brown or ashy normally.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 11:51am
You've used #30? I'm anxious to order it but don't want to make a mistake. Do you have any pictures of your hair? I really appreciate it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 11:58am
Lil'Bohemian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil'Bohemian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 2:19pm
I think a 33 is what you are looking for. Or perhaps a 33 and 35 together. 35 is darker and more burgandy toned than 33.
the pics above look close to yourhairshop's 33. 30 will be too light and brownish if you want your hair to be like the pic in your above post.
the "mermaid" reds are probably color 130, 350 ---- the 33 is red, but a natural dark auburn not mermaid at all. lol mermaid...

Edited by Lil'Bohemian - November 13 2006 at 2:23pm
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 9:10pm
You might want to talk to kristen about this. I know from ordering from other places what colors are, but in D-LUX I was more blondish.....Let me see what pictures I can dig up....

This is more 33 (I toned it slightly more red.)

This is 30 in Wawa (it was a wee bit more red, the lighting was bad in this pic)

I haven't ever seen 35 before, so that might be perfect for you. You might want to order a few different shades, or see if maybe you can get a sample of a few strands of the shades you think are close...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 10:09pm
Yeah that is a little too red for me. I want red tones but still brown tones too, you know? I emailed your hair shop and all they did was show me a picture of some brown highlighted hair saying #30 is strawberry brown or something. I was dissapointed because that's really not what my question was asking. I'm desperate to get my extensions in this weekend but it doesn't look very promising since I have no idea what color to order!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 10:14pm
I so have no idea what to do! After seeing the photo of the member here, her hair looks too red to me. This stinks. I really wanted to get my extensions in by the weekend.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 10:24pm
Sorry for all the posting.. these pictures are much better to describe the color I'm looking to achieve

I'm thinking maybe to lean more towards 35.. but I'm still afraid it's going to be way too red.
B.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2006 at 10:24am
disaster barbie,

Here's one of Kristin's pic of D-Lux - it's her picture so I'm hesitant to post it, but I marked it so Kristin - I hope you don't mind!  It's a good one to show D-Lux #35.

After hearing your reaction to Naked Eye's pics and seeing the ones you're trying to go for, I don't think that 30, 33 or 35 are what you want because they have much more red/aubun than what you'll be happy with if I'm understanding correctly.

You might want to try 4/33 because I found that mix to be more brown w/golden red in it than red w/some brown.  I think what you're really looking for is a golden chocolate brown.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2006 at 11:28am
By 4/33 do you mean a mix of both #4 and #33?

I agree. I think if I did a whole head of 33 or 35 I'd be unhappy. I actually like how 35 looks in that picture you posted (thanks for that!). To me, it looks more like the color I'm trying to achieve.
B.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2006 at 12:11pm
Disasterbarbie - You're welcome. Smile  The 4/33 is a mix of the two colors #4 & #33.  You wouldn't have to mix them yourself, it's already done & pre-tipped either keratin or stick.

Naked Eye - LOVE your hair & you're gorgeous too!  Great tan!  Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2006 at 2:32pm
Funny, I just recieved another email back from yourhairshop and they suggested the same thing you did. I had no idea you could have the colors mixed and I'm still unsure of how to order it.. but I will try and figure it out! Haha.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic