Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Removing Liquid Gold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
aimee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 8:28am
i completely switched to LG (from pro tac) its easier to get out for me i use the c22 remover (sometimes diluted) let it sit.....after use curling iron or blow dryer on bonded area wefts slide right out after let it sit some more and comb the glue out with a fine comb and then i wash my hair with cleaning shampoo

(after a while the pro tac glue started to break down to soon on my head and left residue of the glue on my head i couldnt get out for atleast a week thats why i switched to LG)
im a synthetic girl and i love plastikhaar
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 7:12am
You get the best and longest hold out of LG by sandwiching the wefts. Ive never had an issue removing LG (unless the bonds are fresh...they are STRONG) Its a little more work than protac and the remover (of whatever choice) takes a bit longer to work. Acetone still works the best for me whether it be protac removal or LG removal.

Edited by sherrie215 - November 16 2006 at 7:13am
greathairday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 7:11am
you can do the sandwich method with LG too - I personally don't so someone else can chime in here. but I think you just put LG on the top of the weft & pullhair down on it like with  Protac.
Why not have a great hair day???
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 7:04am
Hi Girls!
I have never tried Liquid Gold install, I only use liquid gold to glue wefts for a double weft and that's it.
What I like about Protac is that a layer of your own hair comes on top of the Protac tape and hide it better.
Do you have anything like that with Liquid Gold or is it only sticky on the bottom? (which is my guess)
Thanks a lot!Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2006 at 6:57pm
ditto nursie- I love the way at feels on my head and how it looks. Way better for me than Protac which got gooey and thick. I work out daily and have oily hair to boot so that may be the problem for me. The removal if the LG is all I have to figure out. Let's keep our fingers crossed on the LG Remover.
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2006 at 5:57pm
ooo i cant wait for your removal newscast kristie !   i did like the way LG held when i used it on the top rows, but after my removal im scaaaared of using it again...in fact i stuffed it way in the back of my hair install accessories drawer lol
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2006 at 5:41pm
Cool! We'll figure out this puppy together. I've gotten every aspect of using LG down to a science except for the removal. I'm liking wearing it so much more than Protac. I'm especially loving being able to use moisturizing shampoo and lots of rich conditioners without breaking down the bond. Once I find the perfect removal products and techniques, I won't be switching methods anymore!
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2006 at 5:25pm
Look forward to the update. kristie M you inspired my switch from Protac to the LG for the wefts. ALL the same reasons you have listed. I almost PMed you to ask you...Please let me know how the removel with the LG remover goes.
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2006 at 5:18pm
I'm using just LG these days myself and am experimenting with what removes it best. I used C22 last time and it took a little time to remove all the wefts. The bits of LG came out of my hair easily with a comb, but I had to use acetone to clean the wefts. Previously when I've used acetone to remove the wefts from my hair, they came off very easily. However, acetone left masses of sticky glue boogers in my hair that only came out with a bunch of C22 and a good shampooing.

I'm doing a removal on Saturday and have purchased LG remover to try. It is an oil-based substance containing "Cosmetic grade Mineral Oil, Stoddard Solvent Type 1, Trimethylbenze, and Petroleum Distillates." No acetone whatsoever. It smells very mild and pleasant. The directions suggest using a warm iron after applying the remover to help loosen the bonds. I'll update you on how well it worked after my adventure on Saturday.
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2006 at 3:59pm
So when I am trying to remove wefts glued in with LG, they don't come out so easily for me with the oils. The Protac comes out quite easliy with the orange oil or C-22 but what should I use to get out JUST LG? Is the actual LG Remover worth getting? Is that an oil or is it more like acetone? Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic