Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why did I color?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rndesigns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rndesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why did I color?
    Posted: November 26 2006 at 3:50pm
Hi I'm new to the forum as of today, here is my recent hair history.
I have naturally medium/light ash brown hair. I had been having professional foiling done to a golden blonde for 2 years. I got sick of foiling & asked my stylist to color me dark red, I had done this a long time ago but it was when it was not highlighted and it always washed out. The result was a deep mahogany/burgandyish red, very deep & dark red. I waited 2 days, called my stylist and told him I hated it. I went to see him and he did a "dextox" treatment, not the color lift stuff but the stuff used to remove chlorine, then he put a brown on top. This help to lift some of the red out but now I have very dark brownish red hair and I mean real dark close to black even. Both hair colors are semipermanent but I'm scared that they won't come out! One option would be for my stlyliswt to do a color lift, (he said he hasn't done this before but I really trust him) then put on a brown after that. Should I do this now or wait 4 weeks? or should I try and seee what it will look like when it grows out? Please help!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 3:30am
 I know it sucks to wait,but I can assure you it will wash out some and fade. You could always try the harsh,but effective stripping method of using dishwashing soap like dawn or ajax.
I colored my hair a light reddish brown over the summer,and because my hair was so blonde it looked almost black. So I used the dishwashing soap we had (ajax) and I swear within a week it was remarkably lighter.
If that still doesnt work,you could try colorfix.(by clairol,you have to get it at a beauty supply store or online)
Colorfix really works,and didnt appear to damage my hair all that much.
It is an oil-based color corrector (feels like pure oil when you put it on)
The thing is,it will turn your hair an orange color,and you will want to color again almost immediately (the directions say wait at least 24 hours though) 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic