Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I really like this haircut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I really like this haircut
    Posted: November 26 2006 at 7:03pm

Anyone know what this haircut is called.  My wife is interested; we will show pictures to her stylist but I would like to know what it's called.

http://community.webshots.com/album/431816402QbBhRC

HAWG
DM61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DM61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2006 at 7:25pm
It's call an inverted Bob. How long is your wife's hair now? Please show us before, during and after pictures if you would please.

David
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 1:09am
It's called an a-line
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 6:09am
Whats the difference between an inverted bob and an a-line cut?
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 11:32am
Yeah, that is an inverted bob. I like this cut in general but the one in the pic looks a bit messy and too long in the front.  I like it when it is a bit more blunt, and with less of a difference in the lengths of the front and back.

I also think this cut looks amazing on very straight hair.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 9:15pm
Thanks guys.  I'm sorry to say that pictures probably will not be posted; she's very shy.  Her hair is just below shoulder length; her hair is naturally curly but she blows it straight.  She's had short hair before; much shorter than this cut but she's thinking about going shorter.  I love it when her nape shows.  I'll try to get pictures and if I do, I'll try to post them.  Thanks again.
HAWG
verybored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verybored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2006 at 7:54pm
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/alinehairfiles/
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2006 at 5:37pm
Hawg,
Have the stylist cut a inverted bob and razor into the ennds to break the lines up. This will help the cut with movement to the front also. It's good to have a straight line cut, but make sure it's tapperd well in the back. Let us know. Thanks
Mike
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2006 at 8:20pm
Thanks Mike.  I'm hopeful but I think that last cold snap that hit us yesterday will postpone this cut until spring. 
HAWG
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 7:03pm
I understand. Hope she does not loose the interest.
Good luck,maybe she will suprise you and od it anyway. Its cold in PA.My wife is in the growth spurt also. need to cover the ears and nape area with hair.
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic