Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alessandra

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alessandra
    Posted: December 04 2006 at 11:47am
I just received digital photos of an Italian friend of mine who has a doctorate in architecture. She decided to cut her red hair and asked me what I think. I've told her (IMO) it was better before. However, as this is the short haired board I expect most of you will revel in the change.

Before

Now

strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 5:49pm
Well, I like short hair, but I think it looked much better before too.  The mid-length cut suited her features and showed off the beautiful color of her hair and its natural wave.  The current cut does neither, unfortunately.

But the important thing is, what does she think of it?
shorthairissexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairissexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 6:52pm
Also a short hair lover but do not like this look.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 8:07pm
I like the length; don't like the way it's styled; makes it look too thin on top.  I think that with it styled differently, she'd look great.  Brave move on her part.  I vote YAY!!
HAWG
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 5:12am
 Man,she had some really beautiful hair! I wonder why she decided to go that short from the pics you showed us,that is pretty drastic.
It doesnt look bad this way...it just makes her look like a different person. maybe that's what she was going for?
I do like it better longer.
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 3:05pm
The short length is ok, but I agree it needs to be styled differently than it is.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 8:11pm
It did look better long. I were to cut her hair I would have had the length just above the shoulder and lots of layers and movment forward to frame the face. Whats cut is cut it's all in the grow out mode thats make her look and feel HAPPY.
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 1:56am
I know one thing, any woman that fair skinned should not be getting sunburned like that!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 3:17pm
I just wanna add I dont like how thin this makes her hair look...you can practically see scalp in the middle.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 6:15pm
That may be from the hair products. Maybe fom some type of gel or she had it texturized close to the scalp for lift.
Mike
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2006 at 8:46pm
It does seem strange that when her hair was long it looked pretty thick but now that it is short it looks rather thin.  I thought the opposite happens when you go from long to short.  Maybe her styling products are the problem.  I think the short cut could look good but I am not sure about the styling.  Maybe less of a "wet" look and a bit more fluffy would be better.  In the before pictures it looks like she has quite a bit of wave.  The short cut should take advantage of that.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 3:17am
Not really digging either look.  Maybe she needs something in-between the extremes.
More awesome than a manatee!
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 6:10pm
I liked her hair when it was longer, but at least she tried short hair unlike alot of girl who moan about long hair but never cut it.  If the style was different it may suit her more, but longer hair is definately more her.

Is she happy with it or is she thinking of growing it again?
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2006 at 6:36pm
I hate to pile on, but she has a face suited for more hair, whether it's longer or fuller or bangier.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic