Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sample fron Hair & Compounds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sample fron Hair & Compounds
    Posted: December 08 2006 at 11:15pm
I just received in the mail today a sample of www.haircompounds.com cylinder extensions.  It's basically I-tip hair strands.  The literature that they sent along with the sample reads:

"The Cylinder extensions have a finely engineered tip that will not crack or shed and can be reattached numerous times...we have encapsulated the tip in a protective shied...that will not crack or shed no matter how many times it has been flattened within the attachment tubes."

Anyway, I was inspecting the samples and you can see the 'protective shield' and it looks like a plastic coating over the tip.  I'm impressed and can't wait to try these puppies.  It's similar to Shrink Links' Perma Plugs, except the Perma Plugs are flat and these are shoelace style.

I'll jump for joy if these things will really hold up without shedding!Tongue

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2006 at 11:21pm
cool, please keep us updated on how they perform!
barbielocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbielocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2006 at 8:56pm
hi i tried the hair compund pretips before, and was not impressed AT ALL!

i thought there hair was just plain gross. i think (not sure if i have the terms right) that the pre bonds were single drawn? as i order i think maybe 18"(cant remember) and only a few of the hair went to 18" the rest were all different lengths - it just looked like old hair and tangled like crazy... i bought it in there light blonde colors... it was super frizzy and dry. i have there color ring if anyone is interested as i will never order from them again... but really i thought there hair was bad! and the fusion pretips were way too gooy. they did not turn hard they stayed sticky. oh and there remover smelled nasty like a acetone gasoline.. now i am not one to put down a company, but there website made it sound like there hair was so great- with all these new processes and so on. i placed a huge order. it was a complete waste of money. i think i may have some of there hair still as i never used it - if i find it in my shop i will  post the pics.

metal girl how do you find there hair? i hope it works for you, i was just not impressed at all- my mistake for placing such a huge order with out trying it out first...
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 9:27pm

Tyra Bansk supposedly wears their hair..........as picky as she is I don't know........her hair always looks stunning on her shows. How did your socap class go metalgirl? I am thinking of taking there class next year.

Shiry
http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbielocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 8:03pm
i doubt tyra got the hair they sent me. maybe she bought there super over priced (dare i say...lol) russian hair. i found the hair from them. so i will post pics later tonight or in the morning- i have commited myself to wrapping presents tonight- so i will do it after i finish that Smile
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:54pm
I tried the Hair Compounds fusion and wefted hair.  Issac sent me the samples.  He gave me a good handful.  I had excellent experiences with their hair.  The wearability is soft and better than Bohyme, in my opinion.  I especially love their wefts.

Recently I received an updated brochure from Invisible Hair and Dawn says the following:
Best Hair- Hair Compounds
Better Hair- Extensions Plus
Good Hair- His and Her

What I have tested truly deserves that.  I would not hesitate buying from Hair Compounds.

Barbie, you say you got bad hair, huh?  Makes me wonder if I was purposely sent their highest quailty hair b/c of my reputation?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbielocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 10:36am

now i bought this hair about a year and a half ago and it was in the lightest blonde colors they had pretipped indian. i have some light broen from them too. i dont see why they would send me crapy hair- i have been in the bussiness quite a while.... i will put the pics up later

cybermane- you do great lengths right? did you not find there bonds just plain gross and sticky? they come out with acetone not alcahol like gl so they are not a polymer bond whicj in my mind is best... i reallu was not impressed and only will use the best oon  my clients. if you come pair gl to hair compouinds (not saying gl is best here) what do you think.

gosh if anyone think there hair is great i have the color ring there remover and some hair...pm me- i will never use any of there stuff-

Edited by barbielocs - December 15 2006 at 10:40am
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 6:27pm
Barbie, as I remember, their glue felt like the UltraStrands glue {and I'm not crazy about that hair}. 

Great Lengths bond, I find, is easier to install but hardest to remove than the others.  I wouldn't say which glue is best, because it really all depends on the client's daily maintenance.   They lasts about the same if applied correctly.  One glue I really, really hate installing are the nail heads and the Balmains.  They feel like bubble gum after its melted.  Grooose.

I remove all my bonds with my gl solution.  I can't think of applying acetone or alcohol to my clients hair.  Barbie, some people remove them with Everclear or Bacardi, you may want to use that instead.  I had one client remove hers with continuous deep conditioning and just pressing on the bonds.  This removal, to me, is the most time consuming but the healthiest.

As for the samples, Issac sent me, in comparison to the 2 you say?  Beautiful.  Great Lengths has a more textured kinky look and this is because their hair is Indian virgin {the hair you see when you look at an Indian woman's long virgin hair with noticeable S waves} whereas Hair Compounds is smoother and no sign of kinks {like the Pantene commercial hair, thick too}.  In the end, it's all preference...either more waves or more body.

My first samples was also my last order so I cannot say if they purposely sent me good hair since first impressions count.  And I have not ordered since then so I don't know if the next hair order may be bad.  But their wefted hair was really, really beautiful; even perhaps more beautiful than Extensions-Plus Softwear. 

Barbie, why don't you return the hair?  Surely, they value your input to provide better customer satisfation.  And coming from a hair dresser too!
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 6:49pm
PS.  I have to add that my over 1 year experience with Shrink Links is excellent.  I was nervous at first since the first client experienced white coloring of the shrinks links and also slipping.  But it just takes one good client to make an impression and I am now fully confident in this method!  Plus this impressive client just under gone Gastric Bypass Surgery few months before the install!

She has hers in for 7 months {financial reasons, ya know?}  but anyway not one slipped out; not one clear links turned white.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  The only thing she had were massive dreads due to prolong wearing.  Her maintenance was letting them air dry and condition everything except for the shrink links.

And the hair was still gorgeous.  We bought the Italian hair from Extensions Plus.
Now, I am thinking of buying Compounds wefted hair and using it instead of Softwear.

Thank you, Metal for telling me about this wonderful system!  The shrink links too held so good.  Not one tip sheds!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbielocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2006 at 2:21am

i bought it so long ago i know they wont want it now. of well. i use gl remover on alomost all clients too, but i find that cinderella remover works great even on gl- it gets those hard puppy out easy- have u ever tried it? it is like gl with some acetone mixed in! i put a stran on my own head from gl not too long ago and one day later took it out with cinderella remover in seconds! it just dissolves the bonds right up quick!

i will post the pics i have just been too busy with xmas----
HairMavenAtl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairMavenAtl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 11:54am
The tips do peel off..wish they offered retipping. The hair lasts
Longer than the tip, by far.

Edited by HairMavenAtl - April 17 2013 at 11:55am
Beauty is more frequently made than born. A woman can become beautiful at any time,
HairMavenAtl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairMavenAtl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 11:57am
I would buy your color ring if its current Barbie. You are referring to their layered hair I believe.
Beauty is more frequently made than born. A woman can become beautiful at any time,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic