Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yes its me again. Help please! Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
LeBubblelicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yes its me again. Help please! Update
    Posted: December 27 2006 at 1:46pm
Well, last May, after much deliberation and all your wonderful advice I went from long hair to a bob. Then had bangs added. Then left it for a while.

I had layers added a few months ago and last week had them thinned just to see what would happen.

It looked fab... for a week!

Now my hair has gone back to its poofy crazy ways. I admit it isn't nearly as uncontrollable it was when it didn't have layers.

But what with the new year coming (I have my next hair cut end of January) I would love a change.

I have really thick hair, so I know I can never really have  a proper wash and go sort of hairstyle without going extremely short.

But right now this hairstyle needs a lot of effort to look OK and even then it will poof up half way through the day.

What can I do to make a change, that isn't too drastic (I like this hairstyle.. on its good days xD) but will give me a slight change and a easy to look after hairstyle. :3

Oh Yes and pictures:
No layers except the slight bangs
(on the left, scuse the Red Bull xDD)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/Becca1324/Picture768.jpg

Layers
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/Becca1324/Picture1099.jpg

This was my hair after being thinned. The best week!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/Becca1324/Picture1138.jpg

Thanks for all your advice in advance, this board is fantastic for it. :)

Edited by LeBubblelicious - March 17 2007 at 3:19pm
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2006 at 2:18pm
Well, I have baby-fine hair, so I am very jealous of your thick, wavy hair!  But that said, maybe it's a matter of using different products?  I know there are a lot of products on the market - Frizz-ease is the first one that comes to mind - made to smooth and control hair like yours.  Try experimenting with smoothing shampoos and styling aids and see if that helps any.  Not every product works the same on everyone, so you might have to try a few to find something that works for you.

I think the layers look great and it's a really pretty style on you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2006 at 2:55pm
Thanks <3

I currently use Andrew Collinge Frizz stuff which is really good. I have the shampoo, conditioner and the gloss (a life saver). But I'll certainly look into that.

I really like the layers as well, although by the end of the 6 weeks my hair is pretty out of control. It grows too quickly. xD

I wish I had fine hair, maybe we should switch heads? LOL
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 2:54am
I think you should try BEDHEAD AFTER-PARTY,that stuff is amazing.
I really like the new cut,it is darling on you! And Strawberiblonde is right,many people including myself would love thick (even poofyWink) hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 5:18am
Originally posted by julesyjul88 julesyjul88 wrote:

I think you should try BEDHEAD AFTER-PARTY,that stuff is amazing.
I really like the new cut,it is darling on you! And Strawberiblonde is right,many people including myself would love thick (even poofyWink) hair.

Thanks I'll see if I can get some of that. I like my new cut as well. Though, it seems I want the opposite of what most people would like here. Slow growing hair. xD
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by LeBubblelicious LeBubblelicious wrote:

Thanks <3

I really like the layers as well, although by the end of the 6 weeks my hair is pretty out of control. It grows too quickly. xD

I wish I had fine hair, maybe we should switch heads? LOL

That's the thing with shorter hair - you do have to have it trimmed more often.  And I would love to have your hair.  Smile
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 6:21pm
I would suggest going for a shorter bob just below your ears straight round. You have a great neck to carry it off. =)
GC2599 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GC2599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 7:13pm
i agree with Snipette a short bob would look great with the short nape

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 2:52pm
Well I got my hair cut

nothing too drastic, I had it thinned and a sort of half fringe in the eyes sort of thing.

I'm completely in love with it and I've had loads of complements. The only downside is that as I have considerably less hair after the thinning bits do tend to stick out horizontally in the morning but I expect that will go as it grows. xD

Pictures:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/Becca1324/Picture32.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/Becca1324/Picture34.jpg
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 10:40pm
Gets better and better with each cut.
I think you should go more with the bangs next time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 8:14am
I think that's probably what I'll do I just really wasn't sure if they would suit me or not. I haven't had proper bangs since I was 6. xD 
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 12:44pm

New cut looks very attractive. I agree with Loveshorthair. Next time add a more distinct fringe. (bangs) Some carmel hilights would be outstanding also.

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 7:29pm
It looks cute lebubblelicious!  You remind me of my daughter!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 2:53pm
Well I got some highlights... I had been planning to for quite a while. But they are completely not what I expected. I now have streaky blonde-yellowy hair with bits of brown in between. Its a bit of a disappointment really. And also I've had my fringe cut shorter. I love the style- but I'm pretty upset about the colour, and I only got it done a few hours ago.

Scuse the pictures I have a bit of a cold at the moment:
http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/Becca1324/?action=view&current=Picture107.jpg

Will the colour calm down in a few days?

Edited by LeBubblelicious - March 17 2007 at 3:27pm
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 3:24pm
I don't think the color is bad at all - it is quite a bit lighter but nothing as bad as you described it.  Since you only got it done a short time ago - you will need to give it some time to get use to it.  See what your friends think of it also.  I would consider two things:  Trying more of a side part and possibly shorter with the fringe.
I definately think you are heading the right direction with your hairstyle!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 3:28pm
Thanks for the quick reply. I think it could be that- when I had my cut short into a bob I couldn't stop crying because it was such a shock, so I think it could be the same thing. I'm going to let it settle down and wash it with my normal shampoo and conditioner and products and see how it goes.

EDIT: I washed my hair with my normal products and a deep conditioner and it looks much better and there isn't nearly as much frizz as yesterday. But blonde seems to really show up frizzy hair and the blonde looks quite fake and doesn't match my skin tone but apart from that it looks much better.

Edited by LeBubblelicious - March 18 2007 at 12:13pm
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 2:27pm
The cut and colour are very attractive. If you want to tone the blonde down you might try a violet shampoo and conditioner for blonde hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 11:50am
Well its been just over a week and it looks so much better now. The blonde has toned down- I mean its still more my hair is lighter with even lighter highlights that just highlights. But it looks pretty cool now. =]

Yeah, I'm no good at taking pictures. xD

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/Becca1324/Picture120.jpg
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 10:22pm
looks cool , you should soo go for an angled bob at the chin and shorter in back,  it would suit you quite well
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 8:20pm
I agree with lovebobs; it looks like you've got two haircuts going on right now.  I've never been a fan of the bi-level look.  A slightly inverted bob would bring out those great facial features.  Have fun with it. 
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic