Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phytospecific Relaxer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xpanteragirlx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xpanteragirlx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phytospecific Relaxer
    Posted: December 28 2006 at 7:31am
I am very upset right now. Today is my birthday, so i decidedto try the phytospecific relaxer....big mistake. I am a natural redhead, and my hair is wavy. This stuff did not work at all, and it fried my hair. It is so tangley, and nasty I am about ready to cry. I did it last night and woke up with hair full of uneven waves and nastiness. I followed the instructions to a T I dont understand why there are so many good reviews on this stuf. Well I hope this gets viewed before it is deleted. I wonder if i can return it or something UHHHH!!!!
ThisGirl0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThisGirl0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 1:52pm
I just read a lengthy review about the stuff, and omg, it sounds very complicationg. Apparently you have to follow the directions VERY well otherwise you could easily screw it up. I'm sure you followed them just fine, but the stuff seems like one of those very risky things people do to hair that either turns out great, or a disaster.

I'm sorry to hear that it fried your hair so much.
If it caused a TON of damage, you might want to try and repair it with the Redken Deep Fuel Treatment. That stuff saved my hair which was fried and just a complete disaster from permanent dyes. Also make sure to use a deep conditioner. Aussie Deeeep 3 minute one is great. Or you can pair up the treatment with the Redken Extreme conditioner.
Either way, try and save your hair before the damage gets worse.
Chauntrice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chauntrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2006 at 2:28pm
I used the Phytospecific Relaxer twice. First on my virgin hair in the summer (2006) and again in September (2006). I have soft, fine hair and was not very happy with the results I was getting from salon or store products.

I soon found that my investment ($60 - 2x's) was a BIG MISTAKE!! Cry I lost hair around the temple area and more at the nape of the neck.

I tried this product under the suggestion of my niece who thought it was the best thing on the market.

I am now back to wearing braids in hopes that my hair will grow back ......real soon! Clap

ThisGirl0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThisGirl0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2006 at 2:33pm
Jeez, that really sucks. I hope your hair recovers really soon.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2006 at 10:57pm
Yeap! That stuff can be very damaging eventhough they claim is all natural. And ThisGirlO is right. There is not room for error with it. You either get right or totally mess it up. Going over the processing time even just a bit can spell disaster. And it is very easy to go over the time for what I've read, because the stuff is so thick and hard to apply. And you have to keep combing the hair straight at the same time you are applying the product to the rest of the hair. OH NO, too complicated.

The worst part is you can't even change to the alternative (Thio) until you have grown out the damaged hair and cut it off. The two products are not compatible. So you are stuck with either the phyto or sodium hydroxide relaxers (which are also very damaging).

Protein treatments, protein treatments and protein treatments. Once a week for the first 4 weeks and once a month after that. Sebastian 2+1 or Joico deep penetrating reconstructor. Follow by deep conditioning (Redken All soft Heavy Cream). Also buy yourself a bottle of organic jojoba oil and mix a small amount with a few drops of organic Rosemary oil. Oil your hair with that before washing it. Leave it on as long as you can. It will help with breakage, and hair loss. It will also stimulate the new growth. The stuff is really a miracle. Oh, and get a sulfate free shampoo. You won't believe the difference it will make.

Well, hope this helps Good luck and great hair

Edited by Sharyg11 - February 05 2013 at 10:08pm
vrwstylist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vrwstylist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 4:32pm
well the salon i work at is a PhytoSpecific Salon and the relaxer may  be sold as at home use product we really encourage clients to have the service done in salon. this product is geared towards ethnic or multi-ethnic hair. it can be used on european or caucasian hair but there may be some dryness and knotting if the hair has been bleached or hi-lift color treated.  also the conditioner that comes with the relaxer is straight up protien not moisutrizing so i usually use the vital force conditioner if the hair feels like it lacks moisture. not with that being said... you have to RINSE THE HAIR THUROUGHLY  before you even begin shampooing. i mean rinse until you feel no more relaxer or for atleast 5-7 mins. also you can go from this relaxer to a thio but not from a thio to a PhytoSpecfic relaxer. but honestly consult a professional before you do any at home relaxer!!!! and to all you ladies using sebatian, joico and the redken extrem line, protien can be used daily for the 1st week, then every other day for the 2nd week, then every two days the 3rd week and finally once a week after the third week.  and you MUST get you hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks. you must alternate the protien/damage treatments with a deep moisturizing/hydrating treatments because too much damage treatment will cause more damage and dryness. 

Edited by vrwstylist - March 23 2011 at 4:42pm
BestRelaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BestRelaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 7:56am
I know this is a old topic but I just want to warn people using phyto relaxer in the belief it is chemical free. Phyto's website claims it to be botanical and chemical-free but it is far from truth. If you notice the Inductor Index 1or 3 in the phyto kit, it contain as chemical ingredient present in no-lye relaxers. Reading this phytospecific relaxer review will make you realise that I shouldn't waste my money to buy the expensive version of the no-lye relaxer. For the people suffering from overprocessing my suggestion is to always do a strand test before relaxing.

Edited by BestRelaxer - July 16 2012 at 9:31pm
gendolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gendolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 4:02am
something with a marijuana leaf on it, but none of my options are of good enough quality? "I thought so. Menswear designer John Varvatos, which has a store at South Coast Plaza, has launched a new collection of accessories for its younger John Varvatos USA label. According to a press release, "typically irreverent John Varvatos USA motifs" such as the skull pictured, a guitar and a marijuana leaf are silkscreened on some nylon/leather items. (I asked for but have not yet received an image of a product with a weed leaf on it. black bridesmaid dress . )Pieces in the new collection include bags, small leather goods, belts and jewelry and range in price from $65 to $550, with bags starting at $150 couture wedding dresses . . Cipriani, which also makes accessories for Lacoste, Calvin Klein, Guess and Michael Kors, produces these accessories exclusively for John Varvatos. John Varvatos is admittedly rebellious, with its connections to the music industry and its employment of ZZ Top in a recent campaign. But using marijuana to decorate its accessories seems more like a move Hot Topic would make. More Menswear: christian louboutin pumps . Wedding Tips wedding couple's home, Wedding Jokes These days I leave the following post that we published for days, but within this situation would be to make jokes at his personal home, that when couples reach … replica rolex sub . ; is the issue. Jokes at the groom's home:Make him in bed pouch
Replace sugar with salt
Cellophane on the toilet paper
Blue ink in the shower
Fill the home with the alarm of those around a hundred and put the alarm clock each night at intervals of 15 minutes … u boat replica watches . It will be a fun night ….
Put a plasterboard wall right at the front door
gendolly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic