Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nick Valensi Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lupin3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lupin3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nick Valensi Hair
    Posted: December 31 2006 at 12:09am
I've been obsessed with Nick Valeni's (Strokes guitarist) hair circa 2003 for some time now.

I've grown my hair out and am trying to get something close to any of these looks of his:

My hair is wavy and coarse, it's very thick. It's nearly impossible to control (it always curls up at the ends when it gets longer), but when I can control it, it looks great. What I want to know is,

A.How should I get my hair cut to make it look similar to that (and it to make easier to control and style, etc.). The barbers/salons around where I live aren't amazing, so I'd want to give them specific instructions so they don't just give me a generic "in" cut or something.

B.What does it look like he uses for either of those? Wax, mousse, etc.

C.In general, what can I use to control my type of wild, wavy, coarse hair? I don't want to straighten it per say...some people on some other forum told me to use this product called "Folligen Shampoo/Conditioner" that I think they were trying to sell me. What's the deal with this stuff?

I know I said a moutful, but if anyone can answer any of those, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
lupin3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lupin3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2007 at 11:19pm
Uh, so I guess people to come to this forum much?
danceparty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danceparty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2010 at 12:33am
bump. can someone please help out i'm also obsessed with nick valensi's hair. what's the cut? is it a full razor, long/bulky on the top, and thinned out on the ends? clueless to what product if any. it looks like he doesn't wash his hair, but for some reason its not as curly or as wavy. so does he use a wax or some texture paste to control it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic