Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will this work? Trying to correct color.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Autumn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will this work? Trying to correct color.
    Posted: December 31 2006 at 11:32am
I had my bleached blonde hair colored about three months ago to dark brown. I went to a professional and she did a good job filling the hair. I didn't have a lot of fading. Recently when I went to get my hair retouched I asked here to do a brownish red. I really like the color my hair had faded to and wanted my dark roots to be a similar color. The color was a little more red than I had hoped for but I was fine with it. It has been three and half weeks. Now my roots are still red and the rest of my hair is a light brown. Basically the color has completely faded from my porous hair. I went and bought a loreal permanent color kit in golden medium brown. I am thinking about just coloring it myself this time. Has it been long enough since my last hair color to color my entire head. Also how "safe" are drugstore coloring kits? I am just wondering if its a good idea to do it myself???

Thanks!
B.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 11:18am
Drugstore colors can be fine, I've had good luck w/Loreal & Garnier.  Sally's has a good selection also.

I think that since your hair porosity is so different (because of the prior bleach), that you're going to need to fill the hair shaft before coloring in order to get an even application. 

If you're able to stay off the roots & do a filler yourself, and then apply color over all of your hair (I'd still stay away from the very ends until the last half of processing, then pull through), then you might want to go for it at home.  My only concern is that your roots (natural hair) are one color, the "old" roots are red, and the rest light brown so you have 3 different bases.  Depending upon the filler you use & the tones in the color itself it might not end up seemless but could be close enough to be acceptable.

You can also use Nexxus Emergencee prior to coloring to even out the porosity.  It's really a great product.  I got mine at CVS.

Good luck!  Sounds pretty.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic