Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
addiejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addiejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help
    Posted: January 02 2007 at 6:17pm
Ok, I've been dying my hair a very dark red for 2 years now, and I got the bright idea to go back to my normal color which is a dirty blonde.

So I striped the red, bleached it and it was still orange. So i tried bleaching it again now it is rubbery, elastic, and the ends are fried. It's also this strange yellow color.

Now I know I'm going to have to condition it like crazy and cut off the dead end (sad face). But my question is - How can I dye it to a normal color without hurting it too much more.  I was thinking a gental temp dye (if there is such a thing). I'm fearful but i'd like a normal color if that possible with my hair in it's current condition.

any suggestions would be helpful, i'm a little freaked. thanks
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2007 at 4:18am
Yikes! I wonder why it went rubbery so easy on you?

Questions. How much of the hair is rubbery? All of it,or certain parts?

You want to get it cut pretty short. I know that sucks. But if you can,just cut the rubbery parts off.

After a good cut and alot of conditioning,you may be able to use just a toner or a temp. color.
Try gettng some NEXXUS hair emergencee,and
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Get protein filler before attempting to add color to it. You can add the protein in with the dye and hopefully you should be ok.(beauty supply stores,called NEUTRAL PROTEIN FILLER.brand is by COLORFUL)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic