Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tiny Tiny Fusion Bonds Micro Fusion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CuteandSassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteandSassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiny Tiny Fusion Bonds Micro Fusion
    Posted: January 05 2007 at 11:55pm
Hi Ladies,

Does anyone have any tips on how to do the micro fusion?  Its really tiny fusion you can barely see.  Any tips on how to make sure the bonds are really small?
nicey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 9:04am
i would like advice on this too...mine are small but by no means tiny!

ive tried and tried...maybe its just on of them things you can either do or not!!! xx
louxx
envoy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote envoy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 7:32pm
The way I do my micro fusion bonds is by cutting a regular bond in half (vertically not horizontally) and then I roll it quickly before the glue sets.  I can normally get these pretty small,  they are so small that I use them on top on the hairline as  highlights for someone, and no one could tell they were extensions. The one thing I have noticed with my micro bonds is that they dont hold as well as full size bonds (they last only about a month and a half). So I have to touch them up. But other than that its pretty easy.
Big%20smile
Hope this is helpful
barbielocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbielocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 12:59pm
you need to cut them in half (long way) then again  across the top. when done it should be no bigger than a match tip. heat only one or two seconds since there is such a little amount there.  then roll

please note here is a time frame from the great lengths manual....

full tip 4 months plus
cut in half 2-3 months
cut in half then across the top- 1-2 months

the smaller they are the quicker they wear done and come out...  and if u have oult hair forget it- same if you cond often- only cut them one time

if you want more hair per stand then cut them across the top in half... but remeber these thicker strands tens to look stringyon thin hair...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteandSassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2007 at 12:19pm
THANK YOU envoy13 AND barbielocs!!!!

that helped a lot i will try it!
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2007 at 2:57pm
I make my micros by hand that way I can get them as small as I want. They don't last as long as thicker ones because they can soften easily from heat of the hair dryer or flat irons etc. and slide out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteandSassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2007 at 1:19pm
im having a hard time getting them really small pre tipping myself but im going to try splitting them like barbielocs said.  If i can get 2 mos out of it, that would be great
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2007 at 1:46pm
I use about ten to twelve strands, I eye it not actually counting each bond I make. glue runs on my gun so I just wipe the end of my bond on that for my glue. I think a glue pot would be the best way to do it instead of having to worry about a glob of glue from the gun.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic