Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for extensionist in LA...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Pocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for extensionist in LA...
    Posted: January 08 2007 at 4:09am
I was wondering if anyone could recommend an extensionist in LA, specifically the San Fernando Valley, that does both Hairlocs and Hairdreams?  I would like to have a consultation with someone that has experience with both so they can give me the best advice.

Also, if anyone can give me their experiences with either of these, I'd appreciate it!  I've already done searches on both and have found some comments, but the more info the better.  Thanks!
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 11:48am
i am not to far from la, i have lots of clients that come to me from the oc and la.
check out my site and call if i can help u.
i do not do hairdreams, howeer i do hairlocs/mane tubes and shrinkies.
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
barbielocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbielocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 9:22pm
i am in the oc if you want to come down here. www.barbielocks.com, or you can call hairdreams and see who is in your area.

hair dreams has 2 types of hair. there reg hair wish is about the same as great lenghts, and there "special"hair wish is european hair and not lightened more than 2 shades. with hair dreams if you buy the special hair you can reuse the strands by having them rebonded. it is costly to buy this hair though... hope this helps
ExtensionGrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExtensionGrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2007 at 2:17pm
I service all over So. Cali. Check out my myspace page. www.myspace.com/extensionextraordinaire
www.myspace.com/extensionextraordinaire
KK73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2007 at 11:21pm
I have a Great person in Sherman Oaks.  However, it is not the process you recommended, but it's the process that I definitely recommend.  I have had EVERY time of hair extensions done as my natural hair was broken and damaged.  I can tell you an Amazing story and guarantee you will soooo satisfied with the extension process referred toi as Mark Barrington Concepts- Shrink Link Extenstion.  Make sure it is Mark Barrington Concepts.........Amazing! let me know if you are intersted.
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2007 at 2:13am
Originally posted by KK73 KK73 wrote:

I have a Great person in Sherman Oaks.  However, it is not the process you recommended, but it's the process that I definitely recommend.  I have had EVERY time of hair extensions done as my natural hair was broken and damaged.  I can tell you an Amazing story and guarantee you will soooo satisfied with the extension process referred toi as Mark Barrington Concepts- Shrink Link Extenstion.  Make sure it is Mark Barrington Concepts.........Amazing! let me know if you are intersted.

I'm pretty sure I know where you're talking about and I had a horrible experience there. Juan A salon? I got completley ripped off and it felt like the girl was ripping my hair out during installation and especially removal. She also put curly hair in my straight hair  and I didn't find this out until I washed my hair. I called to tell her and she told me to flat iron it!

I wouldn't go to this much trouble to describe what a nightmare rip-off that place was if I didn't have such a bad experience. I almost gave up on extensions all together after going there.

Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2007 at 12:28pm
OMG Malibu that's horrible! What a B!tch!
^..^
KK73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2007 at 12:47pm
Wow!  I can't believe you didn't like that process.  What was the gals name?
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2007 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Poose Poose wrote:

OMG Malibu that's horrible! What a B!tch!

I knowCry Poose
She charged $100 for removal and I only had highlights (about 30 bonds)

I guess live and learn. It seems like some extensionists take advantage of people who don't know much about it.

KK73: I'd rather not tell you her name because I have a feeling you work there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbielocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 2:49am
100 to remove 30 bonds!! what did u pay to have them pit it! that is just crazy! that is like 30 minutes of work if that!  total rip off!
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by barbielocs barbielocs wrote:

100 to remove 30 bonds!! what did u pay to have them pit it! that is just crazy! that is like 30 minutes of work if that!  total rip off!

Oh tell me about it!! I'm just glad I didn't give up after that. She charged $200 for installationDead I found this forum shortly after that experience. Can you imagine how happy I was to find this forum!!

I had tears in my ears when she was taking them out. It was shear torture. I think she was pulling my hair out. It took her an hour to get them out. It was like they were crazy glued into my hair. She definetly gave a bad bad name to Mark Barrington. I know a lot of the ladies use his product but every time I hear of him I cringe.

kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 12:44pm
Holy cow, what some charge for extension services! I had a client last week tell me her stylist charged her $300 (including hair) to glue two short wefts in her hair. Within a week one of the wefts was half hanging off and the woman charged her another $50 to take them out. This was some high-end salon in OC, California.
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!
KK73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 1:55pm
That is crazy.  I am not the hairstylist so don't worry about it.  I am a client and I am very surprised at what you have said.  Honestly, I have gone through every process of hair extensions and my hair was broken damaged and falling out prior to Mark Barrington technique.  My hair has grown about 8 inches in a year and a half from this process.  I guess you just had a bad experience because the gal that I go to at Juan a Salon is an exceptional hairstylist.  I am sorry about your experience. 
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 2:14pm
KK73, I know there were two other ladies there that did extensions. Perhaps they know what they're doing and don't take advantage. Both times I went the girl had me waiting 45 minutes because she was running late.

What other methods have you tried? A lot of the ladies here have great luck with the DIY methods. I'm just wondering if you've tried doing it yourself?

I did meet Juan and he was super nice.

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by kristie m kristie m wrote:

Holy cow, what some charge for extension services! I had a client last week tell me her stylist charged her $300 (including hair) to glue two short wefts in her hair. Within a week one of the wefts was half hanging off and the woman charged her another $50 to take them out. This was some high-end salon in OC, California.

Kristie that is such a shame that your friend got ripped off so bad. I hope you told her how to do it on her own.

KK73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 2:17pm
Maybe we went to a different girl.  However, I have tried Cinderalla, Great Lengths, Glue, Fusion, Clips, etc...............I am telling you my hair was falling out and I have natural long thick hair.  It's amazing that it's finally back after two years from the process i am doing.  If I showed you before and after pictures you would be Amazed
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 4:15pm
Yup, Malibu, I sure did. At least the stylist gave her the hair when she took it out. My client's decided to make herself some clip-ins instead of messing with adhesive. I feel so lucky to have found these websites before I threw my money away on overpriced professionally-installed extensions.
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbielocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by KK73 KK73 wrote:

Maybe we went to a different girl.  However, I have tried Cinderalla, Great Lengths, Glue, Fusion, Clips, etc...............I am telling you my hair was falling out and I have natural long thick hair.  It's amazing that it's finally back after two years from the process i am doing.  If I showed you before and after pictures you would be Amazed

i would love to see your before and after pics! we all love them here on hairboutique!
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 4:14pm
I found this place through my travels on the net.. I don't know this salon.. Just know it met your location requirements..

Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Pocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 7:12pm
Thanks Divavocals and everyone that has posted!  I grew up in OC and know the area well, but now I live in the SF Valley and have a 2 1/2 year old and 2 month old so I figure going down to OC to have my hair done regularly will be difficult.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic