Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mineral makeup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 10:17am
From what I've read, Loreal is not completely natural and contains unnecessary ingredients.  Neutrogena is probably the same way, but I'm not sure.  It appears that the big name products are like that.  I personally want to stick to ones that are as natural as possible without potentially harmful ingredients or fillers that make them cheaper.  Signature Minerals, Aubrey Nicole, and My Mineral Glitters are very affordable so I'm happy to use one of them.  The only drawback is that you have to buy online.  I've been using the samples I got from Signature and I'm absolutely loving it!  It's time to order.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 11:01am
Its been a while since this post has been up. Hairbraider, are you still using the samples? If so, they really are generous!

On a different note....
Burts Bees has discontinued my concealer!!!Angry I absolutey love that one. I have tried so many others, but this one is my favorite. I ordered one from allnaturalcosmetics.com that is a cream with similar ingredients, but it is way to thick and looks way to heavy for my taste. Soooooo..... does anyone know of a good, natural cream concealer? Some mineral ompanies have cream concealers, and some do not, so I was just wondering if any of you have came across one in your searches?
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 11:54am
Alisa
Yes, I'm still using the same samples!  I don't use it every day though.  I'm just at the end of the foundation powder and ready to order a full size.  I ordered brushes and did get other samples of bronzer, concealer, and a couple eye shadows.  I've never used concealer before because I've never had much acne.  But I've developed dark circles around my eyes (I'm trying to work on that by getting more rest!) and the yellow concealer powder works beautifully and takes so little.  I'm very happy with it.  That's too bad that Burt's Bees discontinued yours!  I so hate it when companies do that. 
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
L281173 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L281173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 7:57pm
I use two main mineral makeup lines which are Milan Minerals sold at http://www.milanminerals.com and Mattese NYC sold on Perfumania.com or Rickys-nyc.com
one classy, sassy female
meowza2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meowza2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 9:38pm
I have tried many brands and always go back to Jane Iredale due to the fact it's natural looking in daylight, covers well, is not shiny, and the color matches me perfectly.  
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2008 at 9:19pm
For those that want a more creamy mineral foundation like Monave go to www.monave.com - they also cater a lot to minority but others too. Alisa you can try them. They make a liquid and cream version i like a lot when  I dont want to do the powerdery form of minerals.
Babycheeks
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 5:21pm
Confused
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 5:54pm
I use Ada Cosmetics mineral makeup www.adacosmetics.com I love it because it makes my skin look beautiful and it is so light that I don't feel it. I have tried Bare Minerals and Sheer Cover and they both look awful on my skin. They made me look ashy and as if I was going to be buried in a casket or something. I also like that Ada Cosmetics is developed by African American women for women of color. Their makeup really compliments my skin and just disappears.
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.

www.brehshouseoflacewigs.com
email:info@brehshouseoflacewigs.
panzerswifey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panzerswifey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 8:43pm
Thanks Breh
Sara_84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara_84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2008 at 4:47pm

I love mineral make-up.

I've tried BE, Alima, Maybelline and Everyday Minerals and I can honestly say I prefer Everyday minerals above any of the others.
I covers well and doesn't make me break out and it cheap, you can get the custom kit for $50 and it includes any 12 full size items including brushes.
The Maybelline one is full of non-mineral ingridients including silicone.
Galilea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galilea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 6:37am
Mineral makeup is sooo much better for your skin. You may not notice it now, but in the long run, it will do your skin verrryy good. Mineral makeup is usually oil-free, and won't clog your pores. It also provides better coverage, without making you break out. Most mineral makeup lines (bare escentuals) come in loose powder form, looking messy and complicated (most ppl get used to it). But there are other lines out there that come in pressed powder, and even liquid form. Check out Jane Iredale Cosmetics- I personally use it and think its the best. It's sold by dermatologists, only in hospitals, or in high-end salons.
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2008 at 8:35pm
This is just a side note, but I just read an article recently that said SPF ratings on mineral make-up are way over stated, due to the sheerness of the actual minerals.
By the time they are spread over your face the actual SPF 15 is probably really an SPF 5....

They advise still using some type of additional moisturizer with sunscreen for everyday use,,,I know, it's a bummer. I am quite diligent about sunscreen, so I thought I would share this information with you all.

lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2008 at 7:02pm
I am somewhat new to mineral makeup, and I haven't tried very many brands. Luckily I found a product I like early on. RIMMEL London makes a nice mineral powder foundation that is so light you actually forget you are wearing any makeup at all. It is easy to apply and doesn't itch or anything, but my skin is not super sensitive to begin with, so I don't know how your skin would react. I'll be posting a review on it soon, but the product is called RIMMEL Lasting Finish Foundation.

Here is a link to an article with different tips on using mineral makeup:
http://www.lifelovebeauty.com/beauty/makeup/78-how-to-use-mineral-makeup.html

Good luck finding a good product!
~
Life Love Beauty
brunettebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brunettebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2009 at 10:11pm
Bare Minerals is the most AMAZING makeup i have ever used! I would recommend them any day of the week. I love how it feels so light on my face, and i wont wake up with pimples the next day if i forget to wash it off at night. You should definitely look into it. It's a little on the pricey side, but its totally worth it..and most the time you can find them in kits together so you can get a deal. There is also some Mineral makeup by Maybelline that is really good. You can buy it at any CVS or drug store around! I hope this helps!
Artemis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artemis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2009 at 8:54pm

I like Everyday Minerals.  They have free samples that you an get to try out their products.  They are all natural and very reasonablly priced.  They just started a Fan Club where they give out really great gifts.  They just gave out an Ipod this week.  I am soo bummed that I didnt win but on the good hand, there is always next time teehee. 

thin n curly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thin n curly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2010 at 8:29pm
Some really great lines for MM are:
You can find makeup that has no talc, and sometimes when you experience that itchiness after applying the mm, it might also be because of an allergy to a natural product. For example, I'm allergic to sunflower seeds, so the oil is a definite no-no.
I read on here a fabulous tip about applying jojoba oil with an essential oil before applying the mm- great advice! Sweet almond oil is good too, it all depends on your skin type. There's also apricot kernel oil, wheat germ oil, aloe vera, etc. The best results to calm skin down is to apply 2-3 drops of blue chamomile essential oil with a carrier oil base (choose one that you like best- but if your skin is oily, use the aloe vera juice).

for the love of skin, and for the interest of hair!
khaledstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khaledstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2010 at 4:51pm
the mineral makeup brand voted Best Natural Makeup 2008 for Eye Colour by Better Nutrition magazine, never fails to wow me. Their mineral finishing powders are simply superb, and their mineral eyeshadows are subtle, but very classy.
lilmsrosie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmsrosie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 8:50pm
I'm not 2 found of the whole "mineral makeup" idea (its truly a gimmick) but a powder that I do like that's apparently mineral is mineral skin finish by MAC. Its the only powder that I've ever tired that matches my skin to a T
jeaniexo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeaniexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2010 at 6:37pm
My favorite so far is Bare Essentials. I started out using this, then switched to the drug store brands when they all started to come out with it. But Bare Essentials is the best. It gives you great coverage with a natural look.

Another great thing is using the Mineral Veil. It sets the make up and eliminates shine!

My face itches too! I think its the bristles on sensitive skin, because it itches with all powders.
Deloris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deloris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2010 at 6:38am
I love to use mineral makeups, they are really amazing.

Edited by Deloris1 - March 02 2010 at 6:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic