Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mineral makeup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
JerseyGyrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerseyGyrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 11:28am
All mineral makeup is not created equal. I switched to Smoky Mountain Minerals. I LOVE it! Can not say enough good about it! Unlike BE, SMM does not contain Bismuth Oxycholoride, which is what causes the shiny look, itching & redness. They contain a natural sunscreen of 15 and higher SPF. They stay on all day, are water-resistant and they have no expiration date. Made with no additives, they are virtually allergy-free. But....the best part of SMM is NO BUFFING! You apply it with a brush like you would any other face powder.
They also make a fantastic line of skin care...face washes, moisturizers, anti-aging products....and Emu Oil, the best stuff ever invented!
SMM is very reasonably priced and they offer FREE shipping! They also offer discounts when you sign up for their e-mail newsletter.
I am SO pleased with this stuff I tell everyone and everyone I've told about it that has tried it, loves it as much as I do. The colors match my skin perfectly and if you do happen to order a foundation that is either too light or too dark....they sell lightening & darkening color correctors...add a few pinches to your foundation, shake it up and you're good to go!
They also have color correctors for age spots, acne, broken capillaries, under eye circles & darkness etc. as well as multi-tasking concealers, which are comparable to the much higher priced one's BE makes.
As I said, I can't say enough good about this stuff! Check it out at:
http://www.smokymountainminerals.com
As for covering pores....Let me start by saying, I'm 49 and have oily skin. That being said, this is my "routine" in the morning. I apply my moisturizer (Olay Anti-Wrinkle) and allow that to sink into my skin while I'm doing my hair etc. I use the Monistat as a primer. For my concealer, I use Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer. I then brush on Coty Airspun Translucent Powder and then the Smoky Mountain Minerals Foundation. It makes my skin look flawless.
Like I said, I can't say enough about how happy I've been with SMM!

rickydom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickydom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2010 at 10:16pm
I use Loreal Bare Naturals. It is as good as the Naked Minerals fire and much less expensive. With regard to mineral makeup, I love it! I do not think I will never use liquid again. It is so quick and easy to use, making my morning makeup routine better.
serro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 1:39pm
i was hear about that to but couldnt have opportunity for learn more. do you have photos about that prosedure
brezilya fönü?
rockiealba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockiealba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2011 at 3:52am
My face has dry spots that sometimes the shell. I can use sweet almond oil to remove my makeup. Dissolves even waterproof mascara. It makes it much easier to wash it off, without rubbing. 20smile% larger than typically use a few drops of oil or a little aloe vera gel before applying makeup. This helps a lot. I love the mineral powder makes my face feel very soft and smooth.
monicawebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monicawebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 5:48pm
I think signature minerals are the best personally :)
danielalvis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danielalvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2012 at 12:06am
Mineral based makeup does not contain preservatives or harmful substances that can enter the bloodstream and disrupt normal cellular activity. It stays for longer and is much lighter and effective, the best products for people with acne and sensitive skin.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic