Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ATG cut.. WTG cut... wutz the difference?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ToneZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToneZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATG cut.. WTG cut... wutz the difference?
    Posted: January 13 2007 at 3:21am
Yea, so wutz the difference between the two, and what does ATG and WTG stand for? (if anything)
360s comin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360s comin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 3:24am
that's what i wanna know
ButchBoi05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 4:33am
wtg means with the grain and a wtg cut is when you cut the way you brush. Atg means against the grain and an atg cut obviously means to cut opposite the way you brush.
ToneZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToneZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 5:36am
ooo... iight, i understand. the thing with my barber is I dont think this dude is gunna listen and he is gunna automatically cut it against the grain of my hair. I think that's gunna be badd for my waves since i'm just starten the process, rite?
ButchBoi05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 6:00am
It dont matter even though some ppl will debate and say you will loose your waves. You just have to be smart about it. Atg cuts are more even and cut closer so you would use a larger gaurd. If you are getting wtg you use a #2 gaurd with atg you would use a #3 gaurd.
blackwallstreet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackwallstreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 1:19am
im a barber and i cut all my customers that have waves wit a #4 guard atg, then kome bak wit it wtg #2. wut this does iz the #4 atg gets that all even cut makin sure no spots iz higher than the other. your hair iz still kinda long but that #2 iz the buffing n icing on tha cake, it gives u the crisp look n clean style. afta that i line em up n shyt iz fresh. if u get atg cuts, dont drop below a #3 guard. or else u'll be losin all ya progress.
THE BLACK WALLSTREET IZ COMIN'
BigHE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigHE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 3:32pm
Blackwallstreet or anyone that can answer.  I'm getting my cut for the first time since starting the process sometime next week.  My hair is uneven  because I decided to start the wave process after getting a cut where my sides and back were shorter than my top.  My top and back are starting to develop, but the difference in lengths bothers me.  I see what was written about going atg W/#3 then wtg w/#2, but I can't remember if my barber combs wtg, atg or in both directions.  Does that matter before he cuts?
Pics
http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/CopyallHE/04Feb07/?action=view¤t=1171058227.pbw
http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/CopyallHE/09Feb07/?action=view¤t=1171058905.pbw
LDIZL View Drop Down

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDIZL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by blackwallstreet blackwallstreet wrote:

im a barber and i cut all my customers that have waves wit a #4 guard atg, then kome bak wit it wtg #2. wut this does iz the #4 atg gets that all even cut makin sure no spots iz higher than the other. your hair iz still kinda long but that #2 iz the buffing n icing on tha cake, it gives u the crisp look n clean style. afta that i line em up n shyt iz fresh. if u get atg cuts, dont drop below a #3 guard. or else u'll be losin all ya progress.

it all depends on your texutre... for me i can go past a #2 ATG hell I could get a 1/16th ATG and still have my waves beamin... bottom line you cant get your hair cut lower then your wave lenght... if your just starting the wave process  keep your hair high... play it safe #2 WTG are usually safe cuts and leave alot of hair on your head... once you repeat the wolf cycles a couple times and your waves get some depth.. you can experiment with lower cuts if u'd like.. thats my 14 cents
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 10:47pm
^^^^Cosign
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
DaBoyWood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaBoyWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2007 at 8:35am
Yeah if your pattern is pretty deep an ATG cut wont hurt you too bad..
...i'm back like i left my keys..
WriteouS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WriteouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 6:59am
I get #1 WTG cuts or my last cut was #1  WTG. I think im not wolfing long enough though because #2 WTG wasen't cutting anything.

Regardless my waves still beamed through.
Its WriteouS, My minds Jus'.. a slight Gust, of Lyrical Sumblimeness..

[IMG]http://images6.theimagehosting.com/WAVE%207.th.JPG" />
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic