Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair regrowth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sara999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair regrowth
    Posted: January 17 2007 at 3:40am
hello evryone i am new to this forum
but i am really interested in this talk
i always suffered from hair problems
my hair is very fine but silky thin hair
i wanted to keep it on the long side but now it is falling severly and i could not handle this problem my husband suggested me i cut it very very short
i am wellcoming the change and give it good chance to be more healthy and volumic , but my major fear is that cutting may hinder the growth of the hair and i am 32 year old , i am assking about regrowth of the hair after short cutting
can anyone help specially professional
i am appreciating any help Cry
Seraphina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seraphina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 10:12am
I don't think cutting the hair will hinder the re-growth any.  But it won't make it grow thicker either.  By cutting it you will perhaps give it the appearance that it is thicker though by getting rid of all the thin ends.  I'd be careful about cutting it very short though, because you can actually look even worse with an ultra short cut.  You'll need to work some body in it, but some products could weigh it down.  My hair is very fine and thin, it always has been, I keep it long and just wear it up with the help of mousse it can look a lot thicker than it actually is.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 3:51pm
I was really scared of short hair for years until I finally just got so hot I had my hairdresser cut all my hair off.  It was the best thing I ever did.  My hair is very, very fine and thin and pretty much won't do anything.  It wouldn't grow long, it looked horrible if it got too much past my chin and it had to be cut very blunt.  Boring!  Now with the short layers it styles quickly and looks much fuller.  I do need styling products but that is fine with me.  I don't have to worry with rollers and curling irons.

I agree that there isn't any way that it would grow back fuller and thicker but if it is damaged or just too long, cutting it short could make it look fuller and healthier.  Very fine hair has a tendency to look very stringy when it gets too long.  There is no help for that except to cut it shorter until it holds a line better.

Edited by demodoll - January 30 2007 at 3:55pm
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
StringyMimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StringyMimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 6:18pm
Layers are your friend, I think.  Cutting it should help because if you have split ends, they will grow back properly.  I have naturally blackish hair, and I've had split ends so bad that some hairs would split in two and be more brownish because of how thin it was.  So it might slightly help the thin hair thing... but really it's just good if you want to grow it long - cutting your hair definitely makes it grow back faster.
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 6:26pm
All the advice above is good and they are right that shorter hair will give the appears of thinker hair, but not too short. Try an inverted bob this will give more style than just a blunt cut.

If you do go for it post some before and after pics please so we can see if our advice was really the right decsion.

Smile
Seraphina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seraphina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2007 at 1:24pm

I am wondering whether you should consult your doctor as well, because you imply you are losing excessive hair?  If this is the case, cutting it won't necessarily be the answer although it can disguise the loss a little.  Perhaps there are some health factors that need to be looked into as well?  We all lose anything between 50-100 hairs a day and that is perfectly normal.  Whatever you do must be because you want to do it yourself and not being influenced by anyone else.  I wish you good luck :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic