Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LA hair show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LA hair show
    Posted: January 28 2007 at 9:57pm
just got back, it was a very good show- lots to see, and of course buy. there wer emany many extension courses being offered along with lots of hair-
i found onrite, ultratress- its a skin weft with a tiny piece of tape on it, 4 pieces 15 in long each for $139-you sandwhich the weft like we do the protac- the hair looked nice, i decied to try it. i will have some pics put up after i get my custom hair sent to me from my supplier- waiting for that- so i would say within two weeks i will have all new hair and pics!
and i will also have the onrite hair installed on the tippy top.

saw lots of new cuts, and color. lots of A semetrical cuts( longer on one side-
long layerd cuts and lots of shags!!!( i love the shag!)
Smile

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 11:25am

I am going to the ISSE show next week and I hope a lot of extension stuff is there too!

I am very familiar with Onrite, since I've been back to their Academy in Florida for training a few years ago.  I am also very familiar with their seamlesss weft 'sandwich' technique.

I do like their sandwich technique, but I don't care for their brush on glue at all.  It's too messy and doesn't provide a long enough hold.  I usually use either the No Tape or Max Grafting Adhesive.

As for their seamless hair itself, it's ok, but the wefts are too thin, meaning there's not enough hair planted in it.  For seamless wefts, I much more prefer the seamless that is made by www.newconceptshairgoods.com 

The  wefts are more dense.  The prices a slightly higher, but it's worth it.

The Onrite people are all super nice though.  Overall it's a good company.
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 1:09pm
Meinny wears the Ultratress and has been having really good luck with it. $139 sounds like a great price. I've heard glamourhair.com sells the same thing but different name? Let us know how you like it! Thanks for the update Tangles!

Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 1:20pm
Tangles, what is a shag?
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 7:06pm
lol darlin niki- well a shag- ( lets see i am way outdating myself)
the shag was first done in the a hemmmmm 70's
now it is more modified- lots of layers and choppiness espicially in the mid bad.
hopefully mine will look like that when we are all done doing mine-
i get  my hair highlighted, new hair and a new cut!!
for sure i will post pic-

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 7:21pm
lisa- i looked at their site-new concepts- how was the training, and do you order their lace fronts and stuff from them?
i really want to learn how to do lace fronts and intergration pieces. is this a good class or do u reccommend a different one.
thanks
s
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 12:10am
I have ordered some lace fronts, 'toppers', and a hair integration for NC.  I really like their products alot.

I have been to one of their training conferences and it was good.  It was a one day event and I think it cost around $400 or so.

The training at Onrite is that I took was a 3 day event, and it cost $1200.

The training at both places whas very good and worth it. 
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 12:25am
Tangles, can't wait to see the results!
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
B.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 11:26am
Tangles...I can't WAIT to see the pics!!  When do you get it done?
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 5:02pm
soon as my hair comes, which should be this week, i will sched an apointment with one of my stylists that does my hair, i dont typicially like to do my own extensions- i did however just do my own highlights!! no one had time for me! :(((
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2007 at 9:23pm

New Concepts is a great company! They send your orders right away. I have bought many "New Intergration" pieces from them. They were the ONLY place I've found that stocks full head intergtation pieces. Has anyone seen them at another company? Maybe at a hair show? The NC piece is around $300. I can't afford to pay much more than that. I've seen others which were custom made starting at $1,200!!!

Tangles, good description of the Shag. You're right, the shag that is most popular is more chunky layers. Also, maybe not such short hair on the top as the old shag.

Edited by mokipono - February 01 2007 at 11:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic