Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sth to energize

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sth to energize
    Posted: September 27 2008 at 6:28pm
I totally agree Carrie !!   I made the mistake a few times of not diluting Lemongrass and Peppermint oil before putting it in my bathtub and my skin got really, really irritated. Live and learn :-)
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 4:36pm
PS.  If you are going to go with aromatherpy as an stimulant, remember to always use the real oils and not synthetic, never apply directly to the skin without diffusing and read all instructions before proceeding.  With aromatherapy there can be too much of a good thing so proceed with care.  :-)
Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Sophia1 Sophia1 wrote:

I suggest peppermint also,,I have used it on many occasions....try chewing peppermint flavored gum- seriously. It has pepped me up when I'm getting tired or groggy.

Also, just a side note, I had a really stuffed up nose due to sinus problems and was out of the usual Sudafed,,,so I just dabbed some peppermint oil under my nose.

And I swear it worked almost better than the usual drugs.
I don't think I will ever buy Sudafed again. It worked great.

Peppermint is classified as a great decongestant.  Which explains your great results.  :-)
Curly Carrie
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 4:34pm
Peppermint is awesome but some other options include:

1.  Clove - not as energizing as peppermint but it does provide a smooth pick up.
2.  Carnation - considered a stimulant and definitely not citrus by any stretch.  Also is a mood elevator.
3.  Cinnamon - especially stimulating when combined with other energizing fragrances.  Side note...may encourage appetite which may or may not be good.
4.  Galangal - Provides courage as well as energy and vitality.
5.  Cyclamen - Kicks up energy and also boosts metabolism.  :-)
6.  Patchouli - Energizing and anti-depressant.  Also good for skin ailments.
7.  Pine will not necessary provide a big energy kick but it does ease exhaustion.
8.  Rosemary - stimulant and helps with mental confusion.
9.  Spearmint - stimulant and improves breathing
Camphor & eucalyptus are also classified by aromatherpists as energizers.  Magicians would use camphor to give their spells a natural kicks.  :-)
Curly Carrie
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 2:57pm
I suggest peppermint also,,I have used it on many occasions....try chewing peppermint flavored gum- seriously. It has pepped me up when I'm getting tired or groggy.

Also, just a side note, I had a really stuffed up nose due to sinus problems and was out of the usual Sudafed,,,so I just dabbed some peppermint oil under my nose.

And I swear it worked almost better than the usual drugs.
I don't think I will ever buy Sudafed again. It worked great.
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 4:13pm
Well citrus scents are at the top of the list! Wink

You can also try rosemary, peppermint and tea tree. Basil is said to sharpen the mind.
Follow Your Bliss
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 4:16am
What scents do u recommend for energizing- that would make me feel more awake. pls, don't say citrus scents... i think i over-used them, it is not that they wouldn't work, it is just i am sick of citrus scent.
what do u suggest?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic