Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bleaching: ratio help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
carly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bleaching: ratio help?
    Posted: February 03 2007 at 1:24pm
hi i was just wondering what the correct ratio of cream peroxide is to bleach powder? i recently bought a litre of 25 vol with powder, but theres no recommendation included. I have waist length yellow/platinum patchy hair with a golden tones underneath, as it won't lift as well at the top. I'm trying to acheive an all over platinum, and do my roots also. I also bought a toner in hope i'll acheive the whiteness i want. My hairs not in the best condition either. Any advice? I would be grateful :)  
chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 1:33pm
I think it's 1:1 for off the scalp and 2:1 developer:bleach for on the scalp usage.
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 6:48pm
for cream bleach it 1.1, example 25ml of cream 25ml of9 or 12% developer (peroxide) for powder , its 1 level scoop(35g) to 70ml 9 or 12% peroxide.

To be honest I would'nt use bleach if your hair is very porous as it will only cause more damage. Why not try a hi-lift  colour, I use wella's 12/00 specail blonde. However if you are determind to use the bleach use 9% peroxide not the 12%. Karen Smile
karen sanderson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic