Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

blunt bob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blunt bob
    Posted: February 07 2007 at 4:20pm
Lately, here in frozen northern New York , I have been seeing an increasing number of women with chin length or shorter bobs. These cuts are very similar to the flapper bobs of the 1920's, they are cut very straight, and quite a few have straight bangs above the eyebrows. This is one of my all-time favorite styles. I remember back in the eighties a hairstyle magazine having a feature on "geometric" bobs, saying that there is no better way to "frame" a beautiful face than with a blunt cut bob. I know from the fashion pages that bobs being popular is nothing new, but what about blunt cut bobs,I have seen no press yet.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2007 at 5:18am

I've always loved this style and sport it every now and then. I didnt realize it had come in style so much.

mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2007 at 10:40am
Jules,
How did you make out finding a stylist in your area? I hope you got the style you desired  Smile
Mike

Edited by mikecuts - February 11 2007 at 10:41am
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2007 at 10:08pm
i was actually in ny this past week and i have to agree there are alot of neat bobs walking around!
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 6:44am
I didnt mike...I havent cut yet. I'am in limbo at the moment!
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 5:27pm
Jules you could always go for a blunt bob first so xxxzvp can see how good they can look Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 10:42pm
I COULD,but everytime I have asked for a bob around here it's like the sylists dont know what I'm talking about.
I wanted one for my daughter,because they are easy to maintain (she hates brushing her hair) The stylist at a place that is supposed to be good totally got it wrong! She made it SHORTER in the front when I explained how they are supposed to be LONGER in the front.
(I even showed her pics of how I wanted it to look too)
The last person who cut my hair was my husband because I knew he would listen to me. He is not good with the styling,but he is careful and does a good job.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2007 at 8:33pm
Thats Great Jules,
This is how I started doing hair. A month prior to our wedding Ann had asked for a few wispy bang and the stylist had taken a good part of Anns bangs, comb it up and cut. Ann ended up with super short bangs that went across her forehead and was above her eyebrow. At this point I said she wont ever go back to another stylist,I'll do it. I took some classes and the rest is history. I do Ann's hair everyday before she goes to work, its like a ritual. She has the best hair style at her work place daily. I love doing hair. As far as you said your husband listen's to you is a good thing. Good luck and most important when doing a "bob" cut is to keep good posture in the chair and keep your head straight. After I cut a bob I always dry the hair and have the client move her many ways to make sure there is not any longer hairs hanging out under the cutline. I usually do this with the client standing up right.
Good luck and tell your husband  keep up the good work.
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic