Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Britney goes Bald

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 5:52pm
I can see it now:  Girl goes into a salon, asks for the "Britney Spears" hairdo not knowing what Britney has recently done to herself but the stylist does .....
HAWG
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 8:40pm
LOL that is just mean
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 6:49am

I find it interesting she shaves her head the same week end some guy she had been dating blabs to the celeb rags about how she acts in bed and how obsessed she is with her appearance.

arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 7:48am
maybe her friends lindsay and paris will follow suit?
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 2:38pm
Don't you have the feeling that we'll be hearing more about this -- like the real reason why she did it?
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 11:27pm
I think her hair probably WAS falling out. She went from blonde to black,black to blonde like at least 5 times just in the last two months! Everytime i picked up a magazine it had Britney with a different hair color....you just cant do that and not expect hair to suffer.
But,she could have just got a cute short cut,she definitely DOES NOT have the right shaped head for this look. Sorry,but it was hard even for DEMI to pull it off.
I have never liked Britney,but she just gets more pathetic as time goes by.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 8:04am
I agree that the bald look is not for her. I would like to see her different looks as she grows out...pixie, short crop, short bobs, long bobs, and then long hair again...but if i had to guess, i'd say we'll probably only see wigs for quite a while. If she wanted to make a statement, why is she already covering it up with blonde bobbed wig?

My two cents.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 8:56am
She is wearing wigs already?  Pictures, links?
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 9:07am

scroll down and you'll find her gettin wiggy with it
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 11:09am
From ET Online:

Britney Spears' locks could soon be on the block.

The owners of the salon where the "Oops" singer shaved her head Friday exclusively tell E! News' Giuliana DePandi that Spears' shorn tresses were saved and may be sold for a good cause.

"She didn't want her hair. We have it here at the salon and we will probably auction it off for charity," said J.T. Tognozzi, who co-owns Esther's Hair Cutting Studio in Tarzana, California, with his wife, Esther.

Tognozzi didn't elaborate on a timetable for any auction or which charity might be the beneficiary of Spears' mane, but he did offer new details of the buzz cut heard 'round the world.

He says that Spears, accompanied by two bodyguards, knocked on the door  around 7 p.m. Friday. Spears had never been to the salon before, and the shop was closed for the night, but Esther Tognozzi says that she immediately recognized the singer and let her in.

Spears said she wanted to get her head shaved. Esther Tognozzi sat her down, looked her over and then suggested less drastic alternatives.

"I said, 'Please, let's not have a hormonal moment.' "

But Spears wasn't budging.

"She was on a mission," said Tognozzi. "She had made up her mind that she was shaving her head before she came in."

According to Tognozzi, Spears said she was tired of her hair extensions and wanted to make like Sinead O'Connor. When Tognozzi said she didn't want to be responsible for shaving Spears' hair, the singer then asked if she could do the deed herself.

"She grabbed the shears and just started shaving her head," J.T. Tognozzi said. Asked if anyone tried to intervene, he responded, "No, she wasn't there with any friends. Just a couple of bodyguards who didn't try to stop her."

"She wasn't very talkative, in fact, I kept talking to her about the kids, and I asked about her baby, hoping that I could convince her and talk her out of continuing," added Esther Tognozzi.

She said that Spears didn't appear to be under the influence of anything and remained "emotionless" for the most part, "except for when she said, 'Oh my god, my mom's going to be so upset,' and she had tears in her eyes."

Once Spears put down the clippers, Tognozzi offered to finish the job and dust the hair off.

Spears topped off the image makeover moments later by stopping at a the Body and Soul tattoo parlor in nearby Sherman Oaks to be inked with a black, white and pink cross on her lower hip and red and pink lips on her wrist.

When word got out that Spears was in the house, police were called to control the crowd and help her bodyguards get her into her SUV. A hoodie covered her as she was ushered out of Body and Soul.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 9:31pm
Well if she didn't want anyone to know she was having a melt down. She did it the wrong way. If this was some sort of a stunt well it worked. Everyone was talking about it today. She and maybe the guards might know why she did this. Well as someone pointed it her hair needed a new start might as well do it this way.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
cinderella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinderella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 1:11am
I would never do it but I know how she feels once her hair is wrecked. I fried mine and felt like chopping it all off but luckily I have got away with just getting it layered. It used to be long and curly. We got the Britney story on our news and I live in New Zealand!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 3:11pm
     Britney has become a laughingstock, but I'm not smiling. She needs several months of intensive rehab, lest her mental breakdown will lead to her death. She desperately needs to find purpose outside her own self-interested world, and know that she is loved for *who*, not what, she is. I wish her Godspeed. Broken%20Heart Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 5:30pm
I'm not smiling either,I have never cared for her or her music...but really it IS just sad. She must have felt pretty desperate to do what she did.
anonzzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonzzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 7:48pm
Apparently Britney Spears is promoting her next movie, a remake of "G.I. Jane" (:

Picture without wig:
GI Jane

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 8:23pm
Although I have never been a fan,its still sad to see her spiraling out of control.I actually feel really bad for her.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 11:45pm
Hopefully she gets the help she needs...I heard she was back in rehab yet again.
CrazyChica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyChica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 10:30am
I think she had a nervous breakdown,I mean she is going through some stuff
Seraphina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seraphina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2007 at 8:12am
I find it ironic that so many people chose to criticise Britney for this and spread rumours about the condition her hair was in before hand or suggest that she was heading for a breakdown, and yet when other women chose to do it - that was okay! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2007 at 11:48pm
Seraphina,I dont think anyone was wrong to assume the condition of her hair was bad. She went from blonde to black,black to blonde,blonde to black about 4 or 5 times.That puts extreme damage to hair,no matter if she has the best stylists or not.
I dont think others generally think it is ok for women to just shave their heads. Anytime anyone does it,there seems to be a bit of scruitny that goes along with it....unless there is a valid reason for it to be done. I think more or less people were just shocked that she would do this,and I think that was what she was aiming for,personally.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic