Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Britney goes Bald

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Britney goes Bald
    Posted: February 17 2007 at 6:39am
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 6:47am
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 8:46am
I'm speechless.
Horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 9:10am
I'm guessing it started to fall out.

What leaves me speechless is that this is news on a local news station worthy of sending out a reporter for.

Our country's going to Hell.

Edited by Horse - February 17 2007 at 9:12am
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 9:29am
I'll say that it was newsworthy. 

I have never understood the Britney fascination but she is, for whatever it is worth a major american icon.  The suddden changes in appearance and bizarre behavior may have seemed simply zany to this point, but the report that she first checked in and out of rehab combined with this frankly bizarre headshaving take it to a really different level.  I find myself worried for her and wondering why it is so, so hard for people with every advantage in the world to find happiness.

She doesn't have the right head for this.  It doesn't look good.  If she wanted to go for a rock and roll look she could have copied Selma Blair or Pink and had a lot less feeling of desperation. 

TEMPLAR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEMPLAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 9:43am
It isn't just local news. CNN broadcast it on their airwaves, and put more important stories in the scrolling bars. Britney needs help she looks likes she's on drugs, and if she isnt careful will wind up just another celebrity dead of a drug overdose.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 10:33am
Cripe, she did it herself. She didn't want people to touch her? I think this ought to do it.

gone.jpg

Crum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 11:02am
She actually tried to have the hairstylst do it but they refused.  So she picked up the clippers and did it herself.  The reason she gave for wanting to shave her head was so people would stop touching her.  I am shocked she did this.  I'm sure she will have a wig on in the coming days.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 11:48am
First of all, I think she is messed up (alcohol, drugs, just plain mental?) but I am suprised that the focus is on the shaved head.  There have been others to dawn unusual hairstyles (pink, selma, sinead, joan...) but none of them were said to be in a "cry for help"....
The focus that something must be wrong with her solely based on her shaving her head, isn't right.  Personally, I do not like shaved heads on women but just because they do it doesn't mean they are messed up.
In some cultures, it is expected that women shave their heads once in their lifetime, or is accepted as part of their culture....
Before anyone "jumps" on me - I think Britney needs help, but not based on the fact she shaved her head.  In fact, that act may be one of her more sane actions.  She could be trying to "do away with" the crazy Britney.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 11:55am
Honestly... I don't think it looks bad. She still has a very cute face, and it's almost served better by not being surrounded by the ratty, over-processed hair she had. Now, is it a better look than, say, her semi-natural hair she had when she first appeared on the scene? Not so much. But it looks better than last week. Hopefully, assuming she grows it out, she lays off all of the color changes. 
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 12:30pm
i just figured she was sick of her own uber-crappy hair and decided 'to hell with it'....it does look horrible to me, but so did her ratty hair
Horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 1:01pm
Wonder how much that hair off the floor will go for on EBay?
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 1:19pm
I'm not really suprised.As much as she had done to her hair recently it probably felt horrible.Thats why I chopped all mine off.No hair is better than straw hair.And I agree I'm sure she'll be wearing a nice wig soon.
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 1:51pm
Considering all crap she's inflicted on herself recently and the colour changes she's obviously not comfortable with herself at present - so I'm not totally surprised that she's made a drastic change.
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 2:02pm
      Ouch Looking at her stubble, her hair was NOT falling out! IMO, Britney has not been cute for a long time, maybe since age 17 or so. Too much hard partying can be masked to some extent, but one's eyes betray reality. Britney's simply haven't sparkled in years.
     My opinion: Sad, sad, sad! I see her and several other stars following the self-destructive trail of Anna Nicole. Regretfully, Bob 
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 2:15pm
Thank god for that! She really needed to do that. She'll look so much better for it if she doesn't start going mental on her hair again when it comes back in.
verybored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verybored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 2:26pm
I think it's a cry for help. Most definitely.

If her hair was ruined or falling out due to the constant change of color, or extension damage, and needed shaving off, she could do that in complete privacy, and could certainly afford a damn good hairpiece to cover up her baldness in public.

But no. Not only does she bare her shaven head to the papparazi, bold (bald?) as brass, but worse, she even lets the shaving be photographed!
billyba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 12:14pm
Some High Quality pics....

for a few more pics
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 2:58pm
The leftover hair looks soooo fried. She really did need that.
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 5:20pm
im just horrified.......i cant believe it.  Britney has done some messed up stuff in recent years but this is just too much...im devistated at the decline in britneys life-really tragic!!!
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic