Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice - Pictures of My Hair Long & Short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:02pm
If you get it cut, you wont have to mess with a ponytail...  That was my wifes biggest hangup, giving up her ponytail.

Have fun on spring break!
lemonlime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:06pm
Yeah, but if I cut it all off, I won't have any hair left to put in a pony tail which means I will have to fix it everyday :(  especially after being in the water... my hair will not be very cute left down to air dry! That's the only thing holding me back is not being able to put it up and run out the door! Who knows... I usually change my mind once I'm at the salon!! ;)
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:12pm

You sound like my wifeLOL  those were her arguments, however, you dont have to do anything but run out the door.  I read somewhere that when you get a new cut, dont style it the same way you did your old cut.  My wife did this for years, she would get a great cut, but then put it in a ponytail.  I told her that that was like buying a vet and putting a cover on it.

She finally understood when she got her hair cut short enough that she could not put it in a ponytail!  Now, she wants it shorter b/c its easier.

Just my thought for what they are worth, but it sounds like you are where my wife was about 2 years ago with her hair.

Have Fun, dont get burned!
lemonlime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:38pm
I do agree that having it short is easier.. I find it takes me like 10 minutes longer to blowdry and straighten with it a little longer now.

Yes, I'm going through the stages of getting it shorter and shorter. Me & your wife have a the same hair type too it seems.. fine & sorta thin with a little body..

I found some pictures of Gina for you:

The results show comes on tonight on FOX at 9e/8c so watch it for her hair!!!
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:40pm
Thanks for the picks, I will not be able to watch the show, I have got about 30 tax returns sitting on my floor to doDead
I will call my wife and tell her to watch it for me, maybe she will see and like the hair cut.

Thanks again, and when you do take the plunge, you will most likely think "i should have done it earlier", at least my wife did!

Thanks againBig%20smile
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:43pm
Taking a closer look, my wifes hair is about 2 inches shorter than Gina's new haircut.  Her hair was about that length before this recent cut.

Thanks again.
lemonlime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:43pm
I'm sure I will..

where in the south are you located? I used to help prepare taxes as an intern... I'm an accounting grad from LSU. Currently getting my master's. How weird!! Tax season does suck... I feel your pain :(
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:46pm
Im in mississipp, but i grew up in Baton Rouge, were you in a soriety?  I have spent many a nights at Freds, TA's, Chimes, Chris's, Happy Note, Fleur da Le (great Pizza)

When did you go to LSU, and where did you do taxes?
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:47pm
How could i forget the Bengal !
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 8:08pm
Wink

Just cut it. Look awesome on spring break. Stand out.

Bean

conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 8:10pm
I would have to agree with the Bean!  Why not just look awesome and stand out!  Shorter hair oooozes confidence!

JMO
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 8:11pm
I must admit you do sound like you are making excuses.  I also have to agree with bean3270, you will look great with shorter hair, stand out have fun with the new you.

Enjoy spring break
tashanicole86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 9:13pm
Don't let anyone force you into making your decision for you. You have a cute face and bone structure, you could pull off anything!!! Do what you want to do. It is always fun to try something different but you have to be comfortable with whatever you do. It's your hair!
lemonlime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2007 at 3:23pm
I don't feel forced by anyone... :)   I respect their comments & suggestions! Sometimes I need the extra motivation when I'm scared to do something.

Conrad, I got my undergrad degree last May and I'm there now getting my master's. I'm 22 so I may be a little younger than you. I love Freds & Chimes! (not familiar with the other places you mentioned)

I used to do taxes for a small CPA firm on Jefferson Hwy. So small that the guy used his house as his office too! Good experience, but not my thing. I'm a state auditor now so it's much more relaxing & stress-free.

conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2007 at 3:44pm
You are a good 15 yrs older than me!  Were you in a Soriety at LSU?  My mother was the rush advisor over there for 30+ years. 
The other places are tons of fun, however the happy note was demolished about 6 years ago, it was a terrible day.  The bengal was down the road from chimes, near the police precint (i visited there many times also..oops),  TA's was just down from Chimes on the Right, attached to the same building.  That was the local spot for the high schoolers (back with the drinking age was 18 on the books, or 14 if you had the gumption to walk into the bar and order a drink.)  I was 6'2 in high school and had no problem convincing the bartender to serve it up!

Anyway, if you get the nerve up to "just do it" next friday, i bet you wont be disappointed!

good luck, and have fun on spring break
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2007 at 9:21pm
Here's a great site for inverted bobs.  I haven't figured out how to capture the pictures though.

HAWG
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 12:41pm
Hey did you cut your hair yet.Clap looking forward to the pictures

conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 7:33pm
Tomorrow is Lemonlime's appt....

Good luck Lemonlime, dont chicken out, you can do it, you will look great, and will have a great time at the beach!  You will have to put some sunblock on the back of you neck to keep it from being burnedWink

shoot a pic if you can
Good luck, and be a brave little soldier
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 9:02pm
Tongue

Go For IT! Get the haircut.

Wink
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2007 at 7:47am
Good Luck LemonLime, if you need to have your nerves calmed, have a c*cktail before you go(mamosa or bloody mary in the morning or margarita in the afternoon, or a good ol single malt scotch in the pm - when ever your appt is)Wink!  We used to do that before Strategy presentations in school, Hey, it must work, I was always relaxed and got an A!Clap

Anyway, here is your official shot of encouragement, I would always do this for my wife before she would go get her hair cut for the past few months.

Ahem....."It will look great, you will love it!  You have it cut short now, and you are wondering if you should get it shorter.  The only way to know is to do it, take that leap (kinda like bungi jumping - scarry at first, but enjoy the ride and the trill), dont be scarred of the unknown.  Its only hair, try it different, if you dont like it, or its not what you expected, decide if its the cut you dont like or the length.  Those are 2 different things.  But either way, dont not do it because you fear what other say, you do it b/c it will make YOU happy(ergo, the confidence).  You have to do it for you, all others aside."

And so ends my encouragement speal.......
Good luck, keep us posted (bad pun, sorry)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic