Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Extensions Advice!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Extensions Advice!
    Posted: February 21 2007 at 9:11am

Hi all!

I wonder if you can help?  I am trying to find a salon the provides the Monofibre service?

I have read that the monofibre service is the only hair extensions that can offer me something unique, no damage, no glues, no chemical...

Now I have that off my chest can anyone please help? 

Thanks,

Sarah x

Edited by Sarah_wi - April 04 2007 at 7:39am
sassyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 11:05am
The only person I can suggest in the UK is Jenna from Diversity Hair.  Her website is www.diversityhair.co.uk she deals in Monofibre.
Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 5:47am
Hi there!

Thanks for that I checked the website but they didn't mention anything about monofibre? I ran a search on the world wide web came across a company called Dome, on their site thay mention they created the  hair extension market and that they are exclusive suppliers of Monofibre, when I called them they were able to find a salon in my area that offered the Monofibre service... It's quite affordable!
I've booked a free consultation and I plan to go to see them next week!

I'll keep you posted...
Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 5:17am
Hi All,

I've been for my appointment at a beautiful little salon told to me by Dome Cosmetics salon locator, I got to the salon, I sat down I was treated really well! I then had a consultation,  they then applied the Monofibre to my hair. It took about 3 hours, that's pretty quick in terms of getting hair extensions - I'm told.  I'm honestly very happy with it, my hair feels tso good and I've had dozens of compliments since I've put the monofibre extensions in!

It's a big thumbs up for me...

Keep in touch...

Sarah
Kimmyh51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmyh51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 2:04am
I cant see the difference between monofibre and other extensions in terms of damage thats usually due to the way its installed not the fibre

i have had the dome method - the first time it was ok

the 2md a different stylist did it and she put too much hari in each extension too tight and ripped half of my hair out at the roots

when i went back to complain they offered to redo them (how half my hair was gone and i wasn risking them ripping the rest out) and refused to refund my money  they also matt up after a while and look like little dreads - never again will i have them
Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 6:38am

HiSmile,

Heard I got a message and thought I'd see what was written, wow gosh that sounds a bit like a horror story!  I’m wearing monofibre, I shower and wash my hair as usual and it hasn’t matted, are you sure you used monofibre also did you use aftercare products?

Get back to me, I think I may still have their contact details I’m happy to pass them on.Tongue

Edited by Sarah_wi - April 04 2007 at 7:55am
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 10:09am
Kimmy is right.Damage has nothing to do with the hair used.Celebrities use the best hair out there but still manage to have damage.And plastikhaar is monofibre,and I've known people to get damage while using it.It has nothing to do with the hair,but the application technique.

Did you get pinchbraids?Or maybe heat seals? If so thats a good choice.They seem to be a pretty gentle choice for extensions? The damage would be done from leaving them in to long.Or the extensionist not being gentle or patient enough removing them.
Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 9:55am

Hi Longhairdreams,

I recently popped into Antenna, to ask them for some advise as what you had said in your recent note as it did concern me. I am always open to learning new things, as I am not ignorant I decided to find out a bit more.

Did you know Monofibre hair is actually manufactured and supplied exclusively by Dome Cosmetics.

I had asked my stylist at Antenna hair salon about plastikhaar and if it was Monofibre?

The stylist told me that is a complete nonesense. He told me Monofibre is a specific name of hair brand that is trade marked by Dome Cosmetics.  Any supplier or company other than Dome brave enough to say they have Monofibre, will face the risk of being taken to court for breach of trademark.

Gosh! I thought that sounds serious I thought I’d let you know!

So I suppose if you know of product companies breaking the law, falsely advertising Monofibre you should tell Dome afterall all those cases of damage and matting as a result of inferior hair could be prevented, as consumers we have to look out for each other!

Beware of dodgy product advise!

Good Luck

I hope that helps clear things up!

Edited by Sarah_wi - April 04 2007 at 7:41am
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 10:55am
I'm not going to get into the who's mono is real or not. 

Once again though,the hair doesnt haver any impact on the damage incured.

And i'm very sorry if I'm wrong,but this sounds like a shamelesss plug for Dome.I would suggest if this is the case to abandon this tactic.In the past other people have really hurt their business by using this method.Noone on this board is going to help you defend the mono name.We dont do that here.We do come on here with real reviews of products and methods we used.If thats what your looking for you've come to the right place.

If this is not a plug then I suggest you do your research on extensions because you obviously know very little.

Edited by Longhairdreams - March 26 2007 at 10:59am
Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 11:04am
I understand what you mean. 
I can only tell you what I've learned,
you should not be affraid of comment afterall I'm a consumer. I just thought people should know the truth.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 4:28pm

Sarah, pardon me but you are basing your 'truth' one what one person said to you. If you do some research and look around you will see that there are several vendors and compnies that offer monofiber. Monofiber is a type of synthetic fiber.

Some of the synthetic hair fiber types ( or the way we tend to categorize them) are Thermal fiber, monofiber, kanekalon, toyokalon. All of these fibers have different uses and purposes. I actually think the monofiber is some type of a highend kanekalon fiber. And Im sure one of the synth. pro's can better address that.

Plastikhaar does indeed sell monofiber, also prostyles/prohair fiber is the same type of fiber.  And plastikhaar and Prostyles are indeed reputable and legit. businesses.

Edited by sherrie215 - March 26 2007 at 4:56pm
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

Sarah, pardon me but you are basing your 'truth' one what one person said to you. If you do some research and look around you will see that there are several vendors and compnies that offer monofiber. Monofiber is a type of synthetic fiber.

Some of the synthetic hair fiber types ( or the way we tend to categorize them) are Thermal fiber, monofiber, kanekalon, toyokalon. All of these fibers have different uses and purposes. I actually think the monofiber is some type of a highend kanekalon fiber. And Im sure one of the synth. pro's can better address that.

Plastikhaar does indeed sell monofiber, also prostyles/prohair fiber is the same type of fiber.  And plastikhaar and Prostyles are indeed reputable and legit. businesses.

I have to agree.. I've been reading these kooky threads and this person has gone from asking questions and trying to get information to becoming an "expert".. So Dome tells her that they are the only REAL DEAL out there and suddenly it's the damn gospel TRUTH??? Based on WHAT??? Either she's really GULLIBLE or she's a PR person herself for the company... There's a lot of knowledgable people here who have refuted her claims and yet she INSISTS that you all are are either ignorant or misinformed.. and she's come here to save you all??? RUBBISH.. PURE RUBBISH!!!
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
sassyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 5:41pm

I think this person is  the same person who is filling all the posts up on the Female First forum, I have been reading the postings on the UK forum and all of a sudden all the human hair postings are being slated and Dome and Antenna are being mentioned in nearly every posting as the best ever!!!

I think it might be a PR company at work here.

Edited by sassyhair - March 27 2007 at 5:43pm
frawstiepawz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frawstiepawz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 7:19pm
Gosh, guys, give the girl a break.  At least someone should give her the benefit of the doubt.  She did say her stylist told her this stuff and maybe she really did just want to pass it along for whatever its worth.  Shocked  If there's more here than I know about, if so, please overlook my post.
Cats and Hockey Butts rule!!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 7:28pm
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by frawstiepawz frawstiepawz wrote:

Gosh, guys, give the girl a break.  At least someone should give her the benefit of the doubt.  She did say her stylist told her this stuff and maybe she really did just want to pass it along for whatever its worth.  Shocked  If there's more here than I know about, if so, please overlook my post.
And no one would take issue with her posts IF she didn't routinely ask questions then throw the answer she's been given back in the responders face with all of this "Dome is the only TRUE monofiber out there because they told me so -- blah blah blah" crap she keeps spitting back at this forum!!!

She came her to ask for opinions, and when it is given, she's telling pretty knowledgable folk that they don't know what they are talking about.. and then she tells us that Dome/Antenna knows more than these ladies???!!!Shocked So if that's the case, why come here and pose any questions at all? She OBVIOUSLY has ALL the answers (or at least Dome/Antenna do according to her NARROW view)

Ya feel me??

Edited by Divavocals - March 28 2007 at 10:24am
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 1:22pm
Sarah wi--- we are on to you dear, you've been busted. You're persistent I give you that but not very smart. Maybe if you choose to continue to advertise for YOUR salon you should try a more subtile approach. Maybe you should sign up again under a new user name because your name is mud here now and and tout your product in a non offensive way. We buy from girls here because they are tried and true businesswomen who sell quality products because their money and their reputations are on the line. Putting down other hair products and techniques ONLY to sell your brand will not work here. If your product is good and if your services are top notch don't worry we'll use them. We are not misinformed, ignorant to current trends and methods nor are we ditzy broads with nothing else to do but play in our hair all day. We are educated consumers and we CARE about OUR hair and each others hair. That's why we search these boards. That's why we're able to spot a scam such as the one you tried to pull here. Please don't continue that route for your company's sake you appear foolish and unrefined. Please note that I will post my comment on all the posts you've replied to here.
 You owe the ladies on this forum an apology for your rudeness. You have also greatly damaged the name of your salon and your supplier by behaving in this fashion.
delin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 10:57pm
ClapClapClapClapClap Right on MSHONEY...if I had been eloquent enough to formulate your response...you would have taken the words right out of my mouth.
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 1:28am
It was just so rude and unnecessary, and I just couldn't understand why. Well, she's been verbally spankedPinch. Let's hug and forgive her and see if she'll be a good girl nowHug.
Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 8:27am

Well thanks for your replies, I'll try to rise above the insults I'm sure you think you have all the answers all the time...It's been really interesting thanks for your opinons on hair extensions, I've really been given true insight into what you class as good hair extensions.

It's suprising how much some know on the subject!

Never mind...

I will not entertain certain peoples comments, I notice they are very quick to throw mud why? Did I rattle your cage? What ever happened to honsety?

MSHONEY your an individual as am I, that is your opinion but lets talk fact!

Look your'e a Newbie why do you speak on behalf of the forum, your just one person are you not?

I can understand how my question posted my appear disingenious but I was looking for advice…

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic