Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Having my boyfriend's hair done: Suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
deedee_tv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deedee_tv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2007 at 3:48pm
"By the way, my wife likes the color and highlights in my hair. 

Mystic"

Ditto that.  My wife had already worked it out with her stylist that I was to have my hair colored and highlighted (with a cap) about 10 years ago.  I still get it done every other month.  However, I now have it foiled instead of the cap.  I have a ton of highlites in my hair.  I have even done them "chunky" at times.  I have a longer cut which I style daily with a hot iron and lots of product.  My wife and I think it is very okay for a male to have somewhat feminine hair.

DD
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2007 at 12:02pm

Last week myself and i had attended a spiritual discourse in which one of the topic was our ability to shed our inhibitions in things which did not have any moral connotations. The discussions was about expression of emotions and choice of living etc. At the end of the discourse every participant was encouraged to do anything which could shed their inhibition. Some who had stage fear tried to sing etc. When my turn came i was asked whether my wife could dress my hair in front of the gathering with four or five styles. Initially he was surprised to see the length and volume of my hair. ( By the way, i am at 32 inches ). I was not so reluctant but my wife thought that i was not very comfortable.She dressed my hair in four styles-simple ringlets, two plaits, long pony and in bun style. In fact my good ness i was feeling very nervous , but at the same time i thought that this is probably an occassion wherein i could shed some inhibitions on this. I was really enjoying the way she did it and it was a nice experience to have the hair dressed. In fact other women gathered round and started giving suggestions and were giving their hair accessories as we were not prepared for this. Eventually i ended up enjoying every part of it

This was probably one more occassion wherein we could probably understand that women can complement men with long hair.
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 10:28am
My wife took a recent photo of mine. I would like to post it.

Kindly educate me as to how should i post a picture of mine
Spiraltresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiraltresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2008 at 9:01am
Hi Jenny

First post to your thread here and I have to tell you that your boyfriend is about as lucky as they come! I LOVE having my hair played with and curled, but my wife doesn't share the passion. So reading your post and all the responses really made me jealous I have to believe that if he's letting you do all this there's no question he really enjoys it. I have been doing highlights for years from very dramatic blonde contrasts to more subtle reds and coppers with my natural dark reddish brown color. I almost always have my stylist "do" me curly when I go to see here and she loves it too. When I was younger I had several perms and my hair handled it very well, but now my wife would be so disappointed if I did permed curls that its just not worth it. But now as I've been growing my hair out (a couple inches above my shoulders) I absolutely love doing corkscrew curls with my layered bob style (using a 3/8" curling iron using a marcel process gives unbelievable firm and gorgeous curls). Anyway, just wanted to encourage you to keep being supportive of styling your boyfriend. You should test the water to see if he would do a perm!

Cheers
SpiralTresses
ericc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2008 at 4:05pm

Heyyy Jenny B. Whats the update???? Its that time and we all want to know whats going on!!!! haha :)

Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2008 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by vivek vivek wrote:

My wife took a recent photo of mine. I would like to post it.

Kindly educate me as to how should i post a picture of mine

Do you have them online somewhere? If not, you need to host them online somewhere (villagephotos.com is free). Them follow the "forum codes" when you post and fill in the URL of your pics.

If really have pictures of what you described, we would love to see them.
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2008 at 1:04pm
If you click on the reply on the right of a message it brings up the box to type a reply. You will notice and icon like a tree above the box. Click on that and then click browse. You should then be able to see pictures on your computer and upload them. In doing this your pictures should appear in the post.

Good luck
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2008 at 4:44am
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 7:27am
Hai jenny

Its long time that we heard something from you. Please keep us updated

In the mean time my wife saw these threads and she was really amused. She requested me whether she could style my hair with the help of a styler for which i obliged.

It was last saturday when the stylist came to my house. My wife's wish was to experiment my hair with a lot of hair styles - in fact more feminine styles also. But she takes care to see that no one is around when she wants to do such things - especially my son who is around 4 years. Last saturday she said that she wanted to experiment some feminine styles with my hair ( By the way my hair is around 32 inches ) , when my son was not around .

I normally trim my mousch and shave my beard once in three days and may once in 6 months i shave my mousch. The stylist asked me how comfortable i would be in shaving my mousch on that day. I told her that i am masculine enough mentally to sport long hair and go without mousch.

There started the dressing and my mousch and beard was shaved and then the experimentations started. I told them that i am not comfortable with rollers probably because i was not aware of how it would be or probably i lack patience for it. The hair styles ranged from french plaits, high buns with lot of hair sticks, the regular plaits , and two plaits. Eventhough i was a bit nervous, i enjoyed the way my tresses was being treated. In fact i was more comfortable with the single long plait and the french braids quite long which starts from almost the top of the head.

In fact i looked much feminine with long hair and shaven mousch  but as i said i thought it is more mental. But i did not venture with such styles outside as i normally sport a long pony tail or a simple single plait. In fact my wife was v ery happy with the experimentations.

Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 9:49pm

Vivek,

Am I understanding what you're writing....a hair stylist came to your home? Is she a personal friend? I've never heard of such a thing.  Or was it just your wife?

Why not go to a salon and try some styles there?

vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 6:58am
Originally posted by Sunsailing Sunsailing wrote:

Vivek,

Am I understanding what you're writing....a hair stylist came to your home? Is she a personal friend? I've never heard of such a thing.  Or was it just your wife?

Why not go to a salon and try some styles there?

You are right

The hair stylist is my wifes class mate
ald_fld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ald_fld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:33pm
Jenny B,

It's been about three months since your last posts before Christmas. Have you been successful in getting Nathan to highlight or color his hair? Is he still getting it styled?

It seems like you get really excited about making him beautiful. No wonder you want him to have his ears pierced; then, with make-up and hairstyle, he would be your dream guy. I'll bet he will do it for you if you take small steps; you seem to have friends who think like you and will help.

So, what is next?

ald_fld
Dawn-P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn-P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 4:18pm
Hi guys, I must say I love this site, there are so many interesting (and nice) people here. You guys in the pics have very beautiful hair! And some of these stories are fascinating. I, too, have a very interesting story to share about my bf, but just wanted to get acquainted with everyone first. I have been a member for sometime now but have not posted much. I have been in connection with several people through pm. I do live in the south and do have a beautiful bf. Hope to make some friends here.
Dawn
Dawn-P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn-P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 11:51pm
 Hi guys,
 First, I want to thank all the people that have written and contacted me....WOW! I am overwhelmed! I promise to answer each pm but just give me a little time. The best thing I can do is tell you about my bf on this site and let everyone read it. I am afraid this may be long but it does cover almost four years. You have to remember that I love my bf and some things will have to be kept private and you will just have to accept that. But still a lot of good things to tell.
 I am in my late 20's and 1 yr older than my bf. We met at a cookout 4 yrs ago next month. At that time, Brian had hair just past his collar (long enough to have been shaped into a cute bob), very pretty but needed a girls' touch to really make it stand out. He is not a big guy and is somewhat pretty for a guy. We started dating and about 3 months later he moved in with me. I immediately took over his hair and a few other things.Wink I set him up with Sarah (my stylist), who is one of my best friends that I went to school with, and she got him in the program quick. First trip, she did some trimming on his hair and eyebrows (just a little) and planned with me on what would be done each appointment to get him where I wanted. I told her to pierce his ears the next time she had him in the chair. I had him on a good shampoo and conditioner and you could really tell a difference in his hair in a week. I would also use some clips and barrettes on him when we were at home and see how he reacted. I learned quick that he was reluctant to have some of these things done to him but I felt I could break him of that feeling. After a while, he was getting comfortable around me being a little girly but the poor guy was scared stiff when I tried to take him out with a clip or pin in his hair.....was definitely going to be challenging. Sarah was very clever to schedule some of his appointments when she knew there would be another guy there having something done to his hair. Within 6 months, he had witnessed a guy getting a perm, highlights and a couple of girly styles. This did help when it came time to push things further with him. After about a little over a year of being under Sarah's care, Brian's hair was very beautiful and getting very girly. We kept the length just past his shoulders and mostly one length except for the tapered sides. There was so much you could do with it now. He was also getting much more relaxed having things done to his hair. I had decided to really get his hair dolled up one day and had Sarah come to my house one Sunday afternoon. I had already told him that we were going to play with his hair and experiment with it some. Like I said, he had gotten comfortable around Sarah and did not complain. I did set a chair in the living room so he could watch a football game while we went to work on him. We used a setting gel and set his hair in med and small rollers. He was a good sport about the whole thing and I think he enjoyed it but would not admit it. I fixed a lunch for all of us and we ate while his hair dried. When we took the rollers out, Sarah pulled both sides back and clipped it close to his crown. The back of his head was so full of beautiful curls! And with the side bangs hanging down and add the fact that he had earrings and his eyebrows had a nice shape to them..... he was sooo girly looking! When he saw how he looked he did not say anything and that told me he kind of liked it or he would have complained. As time went on, I would do little things to his hair when we would go out. I loved having him in soft curls and waves and got this look by using a curling iron and some spray. He finally let me roll his hair on Saturday mornings and he would keep them in most of the day until we would go out. I thought it would be cute if he learned to roll his own hair and gave him some intense training on just that. It did not take long for him to master the sides but he struggled with the back. He looked so cute sitting at my vanity trying to turn his head enough to see the back of it so he could roll it. I finally got him to understand that it is a matter of feel and I am happy to say he has now mastered it! He also rolls my hair for me sometimes or I will do his and he will do mine. So this is the way it stayed for quite a while and just recently, I decided he was ready for a change. I was ready for him to have a really cute shorter style. I looked quite a while at different pictures and finally saw what I knew would look great on him. If you watched the movie Bourne Supremacy, you would see how Julia Stiles had her hair.... a really cute type of bob. Still plenty of hair to work with and just super cute! I talked with Sarah and she agreed his hair would do great with it and it would fit his face perfectly. Now, before I go any further, I need to change the subject for a minute. I told you I live in the south....NC to be more precise. I am a avid UNC basketball fan and Brian is the same with Duke. Well, we always have these little bets when they play and when Duke won in their first meeting, he made a very bold bet that the loser of the next game would get a perm (he likes it when my hair is curly). He figured since they won at UNC it would be a sure bet for them to win at home. I think we all know how that game came out and when it was over I just looked over at my very rejected bf and told him he will look darling with curls! I set it up with Sarah for the next Sat and all that week he begged me to reconsider. Well, we do have "trade-offs" with our bets sometimes and I agreed to trade the perm for high lights. Two weeks ago Brian became the proud owner of a super cute bob with highlights. He is doing very well with it but has learned that it helps to have clips and barrettes to keep it out of his face. I plan on keeping it like this for a while and will try setting it in small rollers soon to see how it looks, will let you know how that turns out.
 I know this is a long story but you would not believe how much I cut out. I hope everyone enjoys reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Dawn
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 5:23am
Hai Dawn -P

Nice to read your experiences. Being a guy with quite long and voluminous hair ( I had posted my pic elsewhere in this thread ) i can understand your b/f feelings. I too went through such experiences . I am sure that your b/f is silently admiring your hair job on him.  My wife also loves to play and experiment with my hair.

It so happened that once we had a bet on the outcome of a famous cricket match. In the event of my loss , i had to accompany her in outing with the hair style of her choice. Remember it was two years back , when i was quite naive to sport long hair outside but within my heart i had the desire to do so. In fact i lost the bet  much to my delight .

Actually i had never shaved my mousch and had my beards to support my long hair ( around 30 inches at that time and now it is at 32 inches ). She started the experiment on a saturday evening. First she had me clean shaven and then applied shampoo on my hair and washed to it.Then she applied french plaits using a lot of hair accessories. My goodness - initially i was a bit uncomfortable to see myself without mousch and a long hair - rather well styled with long plaits and with a lot of clips - actually it was quite feminish. I was initially a bit nervous as this was the first time we went out with my hair carefully styled. She was a bit confused about my co-operation and thought that probably i am not ok with it. On the other hand i wanted such experiences but i was a bit nervous when that thing actually happened.

The result was fantastic and i enjoyed the outing much to the comfort of my wife and she was also happy.

Do keep us posted on such experiments on your b/f

Dawn-P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn-P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 8:21pm
Hi Vivek, I did see the pic of your hair and it is very impressive. I can tell you (and your wife) have taken very good care of it. You must give her my regards. Does she have any plans for a different style or another outing planned where she can fix it up again? I have a lot of fun just thinking of reasons to get Brian all dolled up and planning is part of the fun. Brian and I are going to two weddings soon, one in May and one in June. The one in June is Sarah's wedding (our stylist) and she has given specific instructions on how she wants Brian to look at her wedding. I told Brian, with everything she has done for us, he will look the way she wants!Smile He will not be getting off very easy on the first wedding eitherWink. I did set his hair this past weekend and was able to play with different styles on his shorter bob he now has. He was adorable!
 Keep in touch and I will do the same.
Dawn
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 8:38am
Hai Dawn -p

Nice to have a quick response from you. As said by you my wife great takes care of my hair and so do i. As far as going out is concerned, we dont experiment much , but for a long pony tail or a high bun. Now adays to keep my hair secure because of my day job, i sport straight long simple plaits.

My wife is very careful that i am also very comfortable with whatever i do. But nowadays i am ok with almost every style because i feel i am mentally masculine enough to sport long hair with any style.

Do keep in touch. Please post a photo of your b/f is possible.
mystic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 5:00pm

Hey Dawn,

What does Sarah want Brian to do for her wedding?  Is it limited to a hairstyle?  Just curious.

Mystic

Dawn-P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn-P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 9:46pm

Hi Mystic,

Let's just say that Sarah knows and has seen the the limits I have pushed Brian, in fact, she was a part of that too. So he will have on some makeup and of course his nails will be polished. As far as the hair goes, I am hoping that since the wedding is in June, there will be plenty of hair to at least pull off a half updo. I know all of this sounds far out but since there won't be many people there that knows us, she said give him the works. And the people that do know us already know that he occasionally makes an appearance like this and will not be shockedWink

Dawn
happy abi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy abi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 7:26pm

Hi ya

Dawn-P just seen your post 22 March 08 unfortunately I have very short hair but now trying to grow this out again, because I wish for longer hair it seems to be taking an age  Crywould my age dictate how fast hair grows?  Approx 4 years ago I went to a salon with the intention of having my hair curled she offered to set my hair on perm rods  Thumbs%20Up  and assured me that all the curls and waves would go as soon as I next washed my hair this was fine with me (as I feel it could ruin my home life and the close relationship I hold with my sister) I enjoyed every minute of the experience and ambience was wonderful she even asked me to help by passing perm papers after she had applied setting lotion to each section before rolling it in place, at last a place I could identify with, my hair in perm rods and sitting there with a pink hair net on, chatting to other women having perms.  daisy  She saw I enjoyed being pampered and the boost it had made to my confidence and was asked me if I would like this again, make an appointment and ask for me she said giving me a salon card with her name on. After leaving salon I spent a good 5 hours with these curls before having them washed out. Now at the age of 52 and a bald patch on top I wish to have my hair set on perm rods again, I been back to the salon to find out if she still works there (I kept a note of her name on my computer) I was told yes but now only on Saturdays, question Dawn if she used a Setting Gel as Sarah used on Brain would curls and waves be more defined but still come out next wash? Please could you ask Sarah what would be best Setting Lotion or Setting Gel? When I make this appt I would like to wear some feminine clothes any suggestions please, was wondering would the wearing of makeup soften my appearance to help me fit in if so could you advise what sort of facial foundation would cover my growth?  There is a nail bar near the salon do you think a manicure and nail polish before or after hair being set?

Edited by happy abi - April 29 2008 at 4:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic