Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Having my boyfriend's hair done: Suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
happy abi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy abi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 7:43pm

Hi ya

Jenny-B I’m relatively new to the net and not long ago found this site, I really enjoy reading your threads re Nathan having his hair styled have just read one where you say We’ve Done It what a lucky fellow to have such an understanding girlfriend as you, applying makeup an all   Thumbs%20Up  Glad you 3 decided on a style seen the picture looks great http://www.bartcop.com/ll-05.jpg  and I can only imagine how it looked when Kara curled it Big%20smile

I am 52 and trying to grow my hair just so it’s long enough to have it set on perm rods, as I have my family and nephews to consider, is there a way I could maintain my hair in a tidy fashion so that it looks neat but still retains its length? (Sorry I haven’t told you very thin on top so the sides tend to get bushy and back goes wavy) I am trying to get by another 2 months before a salon appt for a set Tongue  daisy any suggestions of what I should wear to the salon ?

LoriTG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoriTG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2008 at 4:42am
Nice

Edited by LoriTG - March 16 2019 at 2:13pm
Lori
jamiejenj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiejenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2014 at 3:37am
have him get an angled bob with bangs. chin length in front angled to mid ear in back and stacked

stuffy623 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuffy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2019 at 4:38am
I really would like to know how this turned out Jenny?
gjh
stuffy623 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuffy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2019 at 4:40am
Looks good! Why not use a ceramic to straighten your hair?
gjh
D1sunite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D1sunite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2019 at 8:49pm
Ooh I'd also love to see how it turned out Jenny! Please send a picture if you could! 

Just got my husband to grow out his hair. It's naturally blonde. I had it bobbed on him for a while, on a cute Taylor Swift look, but I asked him to grow it out eventually to experiment with it.

It's mid back on him now and I LOVE IT!!!!

Braids and Ponytails used to be what I put him in normally. Only high ponytails that is. 

Now he really likes pigtails a lot! I actually got this super cute look on him one day. I took both his pigtails and curled them up into buns on the top of his head. I left out a little hair to make this cute like bangs-ish look.  

I don't have a picture of him with it, but here's one of a girl with it. 

https://imgur.com/5WTEOur
Actually right at the base of the bun I put two pink velvet hairbows! He even went out with it with me!
We got a few comments, but most of the people in my neighborhood love his hair!

Again Jenny let me know about those pictures!
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 12:02pm
Ha! It's kind of fun to see new interest in this old thread. I've always liked this one. Jenny hasn't posted on this forum for 8 years, so I doubt if she's going to reply, though. My guess is she and the then BF have settled into doing more boring normal things with their hair. I had some PM correspondences with Dawn for awhile 6 years ago, but she hasn't posted her since then.

I wish I had an industrious wife like you, D1. I still wear my hair long (like about 18" right now), but I get kind of lazy with the hairstyling these days. Awhile back I picked up some huge 3" rollers and occasionally try to set it in sort of a Jen Aniston look, but most days I pony it. I did pick up one of those bottle stopper looking gadgets that help support a high pony and make it big and bouncy ("Beauty Hair Ponytail Holder and Enhancer"). Alas, I've never been very good at braids, though.
D1sunite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D1sunite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2019 at 6:10pm
Yeah it's pretty eye-boggling for me to see how old this thread is! And I think it's great you still take care of your hair Ric. Hair styling isn't for everyone, male or female. My husband just enjoys it! It's too bad they left the forum. Of course time passes. Thank You! 
Tweeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2019 at 11:54am

Edited by Tweeny - April 11 2021 at 9:08am
maikross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maikross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 12:52pm
Hello everyone

I would like to reopen this topic and once again ask: what do you think about guys with long feminine hair. And this time I don't mean these kind of extreme feminine hairstyles. The styles I mean are the styles you see for example on the victorias secret fashion shows, in shampoo commercials or in women fashion catalogues. Layers, wavy, curled with large hot rollers, ombre, lived in, balayage. There are guys who have hair like this. I myself have my hair just below collarbone. I love long hair, I love long hair on women and I would love to see these hairstyles more often on men or that there wouldn't be any difference in men and women hair. Yes a lot of you will post: there are no rules, and there is no gender in hair. As i said, on instagram you see a lot of guys with long feminine hairstyles. But i think most of them are gay. And I don't want to offend anyone. I think it is great. You guys are opening the path. You dont need no ancouragement. But what i am interested in are the straight guys who still need the courage to grow their hair long and style in a feminine way. Thats why i am asking you: what do you think, what is the point of view of the women on this forum? I posted a link down below to my hair gallery on instagram. I Iove all of them and would love to try all of them myself or see them on other men. What do you guys think. Which one do you think would match with a suit, a beard. I actually think all of them, just because i think long hair on men does look great.

https://www.instagram.com/maik_ross_82/

So let me know what you think!
Tweeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 2:23pm

Edited by Tweeny - April 11 2021 at 9:09am
DarcyAnne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarcyAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2019 at 5:56am
Can someone post a link to the hairstyles Jenny refers to early on in this thread? I can't find them on the board here. Thanks!
stuffy623 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuffy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 9:36pm
I would recommend a nice French roll for Nathan, I enjoy wearing my hair like that.
gjh
stuffy623 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuffy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 9:37pm
I would recommend a Nice French roll for Nathan.
gjh
stuffy623 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuffy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2021 at 5:18am
Can you tell us how this went? I would recommend either a French braid with the tail tucked up or a French roll.
gjh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic